Miklasz on Aaron Donald “He’s the best in the NFL.”

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Freaking incredible...

I mean how many times do Rams get the splinder of their first roundwr actually living up to the massive amounts of hype in their first season? It almost never happens for us.

RamzFanz

Damnit
The shock of him falling to the Rams still hasn't worn off for me. I didn't expect THIS out of him though. Amazing.

Irish

Starter
I love Donald, but is he really better than Gerald McCoy? Or Suh? Or Atkins?

I have a feeling he is as good as Atkins, maybe better, but I have a hard time saying he is better than Suh, and I believe McCoy is the best player in the trenches in the NFL today, and that includes JJ Watt.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry

I have a feeling he is as good as Atkins, maybe better, but I have a hard time saying he is better than Suh, and I believe McCoy is the best player in the trenches in the NFL today, and that includes JJ Watt.
Nobody else in the trenches has his explosion and quickness which, IMO, is what makes him the best DT in the NFL even as a rookie. Just wait till the dude gets to work on his craft in the offseason, master his technique and get stronger and faster. Sky is the ceiling for this kid, for real.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

Have to disagree on McCoy being better than Watt. Watt influences entire games as a 3-4 end, which is much harder than influencing games as a three-technique. They've doubled Watt in every game, and he's still producing. I'd go so far as to say that Watt is the best player in the league.

But on Donald, he's not better than McCoy, Suh, and Atkins...yet. But I know that he will be, and right now, I have a hard time placing any other defensive tackle above him, including guys that I really like on the field (Brockers, Poe, Lotulelei, Short, Dareus, etc.)

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G

The scouting firm the Rams and 10-12 other teams subscribe too like Donald, think he's going to be a "blue" player, but don't have him as the #1 rookie DT as of now. They will have another 1-2 "looks" but they are looking at skill sets and not stats, so there is a difference in evaluation, but they liked Easley better and Jernigan better. Not saying I agree with it, but they have been doing this for 40 years and have some expertise on the matter. So, I enjoy watching Donald and I think he's the DROY but according to these scouts he's still got some learning to do.

StevenG-BR

Rookie
This guy should be a freaking sensation by now. Everyone should be raving about him the same way the media is over Beckham Jr. Unfortunately, the National media is clueless, and that'll likely cost Donald the DROY and Pro Bowl he deserves.

How can a guy who's the best at his position get so little exposure?

But oh well. Screw them. The Rams have the best DE in the league and now the best DT as well. This team's D is a freaking beast. It really is the Fearsome Foursome all over again.

SierraRam

Recreational User
Freaking incredible...

I mean how many times do Rams get the splinder of their first roundwr actually living up to the massive amounts of hype in their first season? It almost never happens for us.

You're right sir! Ram first-round Hall of Famers:

1945 - Elroy Hirsch
1962 - Merilin Olsen
1966 - Tom Mack
1971 - Jack Youngblood
1983 - Eric Dickerson (lived up to massive hype)

We're due!

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook

It was recently reported McCoy has a Donald poster hanging in his bed room. When asked why, McCoy stated "I wanna be the best one day."

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
As long as he's in the conversation ,I'm good ,everyone is going to have an opinion on who the best is ,being mentioned among the top five as a rookie pretty well assures he can become known as the best,especially consid

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
I am not surprised by Donald's sucess. Why he was not playing game 1 is beyond me.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
You're right sir! Ram first-round Hall of Famers:

1945 - Elroy Hirsch
1962 - Merilin Olsen
1966 - Tom Mack
1971 - Jack Youngblood
1983 - Eric Dickerson (lived up to massive hype)

We're due!
Add Orlando Pace to the list come next summer.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler

Nobody knows for sure, but the fact that he's on their level as a rookie DT shows you that the sky is the limit for Aaron Donald.

A year or so ago I was talking on another board about how I wished Geno Atkins hadn't signed a long-term deal with Cincinnati because I thought he'd be a terror with the talent on our D-Line. @jrry32 advised me to start watching film on Donald. Who would've thought he'd be this good, this fast.