Mike Zimmer, Jeff Fisher bury hatchet after 2015 hit on Teddy Bridgewater

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
http://www.espn.com/blog/minnesota-...ry-the-hatchet-after-hit-on-teddy-bridgewater

Ben Goessling
ESPN Staff Writer

MINNEAPOLIS -- As Mike Zimmer walked to midfield at U.S. Bank Stadium on Thursday night, concluding the preseason with a 27-25 win against the Los Angeles Rams, he found coach Jeff Fisher for a handshake and hug. The meeting, suffice it to say, was more cordial than their last postgame exchange.

That came in November, when Zimmer walked off the field seething after a violent, visceral 18-15 win against the Rams. The Minnesota Vikings were playing outdoors at TCF Bank Stadium then, the Rams were still in St. Louis and the tenor of the game couldn't have been much different than a sleepy preseason game between backups. The Nov. 8 matchup was between two playoff hopefuls with physical defenses, and that afternoon, as the Rams hit Teddy Bridgewater in the knee outside the pocket and Lamarcus Joyner knocked the quarterback out with an elbow to the head while Bridgewater was sliding, Zimmer thought Fisher's team had crossed a line.

He made that point clear, both in postgame comments that hinted the teams would be fighting had they been in the streets and in a NFL Films clip that became wildly popular for Zimmer's profanity-laced rebuke of the referees after the Rams' hits. Zimmer's ire was directed more at defensive coordinator Gregg Williams than it was at Fisher, though, and the head coaches made up at the NFL owners meetings in March.

On Thursday night, Zimmer said, Fisher had some words of encouragement in the wake of Bridgewater's season-ending knee injury.
"I have gotten a lot of calls from a lot of people about what happened to Teddy, from other coaches," Zimmer said. "As a matter of fact, Jeff Fisher said a lot of nice things about it tonight."

So the two are good now?

"I wasn't really mad at him," Zimmer said. "I was mad at his team. Shoot -- I shouldn't have said that."

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
So they kissed and made up? OK, I guess I can stop despising him now. Hope Sam does well there.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
That came in November, when Zimmer walked off the field seething after a violent, visceral 18-15 win against the Rams.
Except that wasn't the final score.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Except that wasn't the final score.
What was the Final score -X- ?

OFF TOPIC: Where have you been -X-, Vacation or just working hard!?! You've been missed!!(y)

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
What was the Final score -X- ?

OFF TOPIC: Where have you been -X-, Vacation or just working hard!?! You've been missed!!(y)
21-18 (OT)

I typically take long stretches of the off-season off to recharge the batteries before I bitch-slap this board into oblivion during the season.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
21-18 (OT)

I typically take long stretches of the off-season off to recharge the batteries before I bitch-slap this board into oblivion during the season.
kUcYUrA.gif

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Amazing I hope they have the same results or worst than we did with those 2
If Bradford shines....oh boy...another mark on this coaching staff in my opinion...And I believe Sammy can still sling that rock...

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
21-18 (OT)

" No Pre-Season needed by you, your in Regular Season Form!!"(y)(y):D

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
If Bradford shines....oh boy...another mark on this coaching staff in my opinion...And I believe Sammy can still sling that rock...
I doubt it. As soon as the going gets tough he will start making those stupid faces. And when the offense looks to him for leadership he will just stand there with another of those stupid looks on his face thinking "Why is everyone looking at me?"

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I don't think there was anyone (me included) that thought they should roll the dice on his (in)ability to stay healthy for another year.