Mike Sando: Rams #1 Surprise Team + Will Quinn Contract=Watt?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Will Robert Quinn demand J.J. Watt-type money? Mike Sando tells talks to Randy K. and D’Marco Farr about Watt’s new contract and how it affects Robert Quinn’s future contract. Sando also lists the Rams as his #1 surprise team for 2014. Not that they’ll make the playoffs, but writing them off so easily like so many are doing after the Bradford injury is premature.

Listen to Sando Talk Rams Plus More

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Surprise team candidates for 2014
Rams, Bucs, Vikings could all out-perform expectations this season
By Mike Sando | ESPN Insider
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11451808/rams-surprise-team-candidates-2014-nfl

It's tough to surprise the wiseguys. That became clear after Las Vegas Hotel SuperBook director Jay Kornegay shared over-under victory projections for NFL teams in 2014. Twenty-seven of the 32 teams carried over-under totals of at least seven victories, and four others fell between five and 6.5 victories.

There was no total listed for the St. Louis Rams after the team lost quarterback Sam Bradford for the season, but that won't stop me from listing the Rams among my potential "surprise" teams for 2014. I used Kornegay's over-under figures when looking for teams that might outperform expectations. I also considered 2013 victory totals and what I perceived to be public expectations for teams in light of offseason moves.

Here are my picks for potential surprise teams in 2014.

The rest of the article is in the ESPN Insider Section