Mike Sando on 101ESPN

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
101.jpg

[mp3]http://icestream.dev-cms.com:8000/stl/2012/02/02282012121545.mp3[/mp3]

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Thanks for posting.

Couple of comments about what Sando said.

1, he mentioned that some team may call our bluff, since we obviously wont be drafting Griffen, which would thus diminish the value of the pick. Well yeah everyone knows that we arnt picking RGIII, but the league doesnt know who we would pick in lue of him. Say we have Kalil graded out significantly higher than anyone else(at least make the league believe that), we stil lose out on him if we trade down.

Another thing, he said he didnt think Holmgren valued RGIIIs mobility as highly as everyone else. Not sur I get that. They draft McCoy, who was mobile when he played for Texas. He also had Sennica(SP?) Wallace in Seattle, liked him so much he brought him over to the Browns. Based on those two management decisions Id suggest he really likes QBs that are mobile.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
libertadrocks said:
Thanks for posting.

1, he mentioned that some team may call our bluff, since we obviously wont be drafting Griffen, which would thus diminish the value of the pick. Well yeah everyone knows that we arnt picking RGIII, but the league doesnt know who we would pick in lue of him. Say we have Kalil graded out significantly higher than anyone else(at least make the league believe that), we stil lose out on him if we trade down.

Another thing, he said he didnt think Holmgren valued RGIIIs mobility as highly as everyone else. Not sur I get that. They draft McCoy, who was mobile when he played for Texas. He also had Sennica(SP?) Wallace in Seattle, liked him so much he brought him over to the Browns. Based on those two management decisions Id suggest he really likes QBs that are mobile.
Yeah I don't get that either. If "a team" wants to call our bluff, fine. All that means is that they'll lose out to another team that doesn't care about anything other than leap-frogging everyone to go up and get Griffin. Teams are competing against other teams to get our pick, so it really doesn't matter what they think the Rams are going to do. They just want that spot before someone else gets it. And I don't see how Sando could construe what Holmgren thinks about Griffin's mobility. Like you said, his track record relative to QBs speaks for itself. And Griffin has a pretty good arm as well.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
X said:
libertadrocks said:
Thanks for posting.

Yeah I don't get that either. If "a team" wants to call our bluff, fine. All that means is that they'll lose out to another team that doesn't care about anything other than leap-frogging everyone to go up and get Griffin. Teams are competing against other teams to get our pick, so it really doesn't matter what they think the Rams are going to do. They just want that spot before someone else gets it. And I don't see how Sando could construe what Holmgren thinks about Griffin's mobility. Like you said, his track record relative to QBs speaks for itself. And Griffin has a pretty good arm as well.

We could have changed our media strategy by leaking out stuff about Kalil or Blackmon and and at least make teams really think we would like to stay at #2, but that hasnt happened, and thats fine. Our organization recognizes that the QB needy teams will be throwing out smoke screens to each other and all we have to do is sit back and listen to every offer.