Mike Mayock's Position Rankings

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Mike Mayock's position rankings for 2014 NFL Draft
  • mike_mayock-110726_65.jpg
  • By Mike Mayock
  • NFL Media draft analyst
  • Published: Feb. 17, 2014 at 02:59 p.m.
  • Updated: Feb. 17, 2014 at 03:06 p.m.
With the NFL Scouting Combine beginning on Feb. 22, Mike Mayock unveils the first of his position-by-position rankings for the 2014 NFL Draft.

Quarterback
1. Teddy Bridgewater, Louisville
2. Johnny Manziel, Texas A&M
3. Blake Bortles, Central Florida
4. Derek Carr, Fresno State
5. AJ McCarron, Alabama

Running back
1. Carlos Hyde, Ohio State
2. Jeremy Hill, LSU
3. Bishop Sankey, Washington
4. Andre Williams, Boston College
5. Tre Mason, Auburn

Wide receiver
1. Sammy Watkins, Clemson
2. Marqise Lee, USC
3. Mike Evans, Texas A&M
4. Kelvin Benjamin, Florida State
5. Jarvis Landry, LSU

Tight end
1. Eric Ebron, North Carolina
2. Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Washington
3. Jace Amaro, Texas Tech
4. Troy Niklas, Notre Dame
5. C.J. Fiedorowicz, Iowa

Center
1. Marcus Martin, USC
2. Weston Richburg, Colorado State
3. Travis Swanson, Arkansas
4. Bryan Stork, Florida State
5. Gabe Ikard, Oklahoma

Guard
1. David Yankey, Stanford
2. Xavier Su'a-Filo, UCLA
3. Gabe Jackson, Mississippi State
4. Chris Watt, Notre Dame
5. Cyril Richardson, Baylor

Offensive tackle
1. Jake Matthews, Texas A&M
2. Greg Robinson, Auburn
3. Taylor Lewan, Michigan
4. Zack Martin, Notre Dame
5. Cyrus Kouandjio, Alabama

Defensive tackle
1. Louis Nix, Notre Dame
2. Timmy Jernigan, Florida State
3. Aaron Donald, Pittsburgh
4. Ra'Shede Hageman, Minnesota
5. Dominique Easley, Florida

Defensive end
1. Jadeveon Clowney, South Carolina
2. Kony Ealy, Missouri
3. Dee Ford, Auburn
4. Scott Crichton, Oregon State
5. Trent Murphy, Stanford

Linebacker
1. Khalil Mack, Buffalo
2. C.J. Mosley, Alabama
3. Anthony Barr, UCLA
4. Chris Borland, Wisconsin
5. Ryan Shazier, Ohio State

Cornerback
1. Darqueze Dennard, Michigan State
2. Justin Gilbert, Oklahoma State
3. Kyle Fuller, Virginia Tech
4. Jason Verrett, TCU
5. Bradley Roby, Ohio State

Safety
1. Calvin Pryor, Louisville
2. Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, Alabama
3. Lamarcus Joyner, Florida State
4. Jimmie Ward, Northern Illinois
5. Deone Bucannon, Washington State

http://www.nfl.com/combine/story/0a...gs-for-2014-nfl-draft?campaign=Twitter_nfl_cb

jjab360

Legend
I strongly disagree with Lee over Evans and Jernigan over Donald. Looks like pretty much everybody else's rankings other than that..

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I suspect Roby will jump up the rankings. He will outperform most of the other CBs in the position drills at the combine.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Just a rough draft .... the lists always change as he goes through his evaluations. Several years back, Robert Quinn went from 5th to 1st among defensive ends after Mayock watched video of a UNC Practice.

Having said that .....

the biggest two surprises to me are Matthews over Robinson and Bridgewater as the #1 QB on his list. For some reason, I thought he was one of the first to quell the Bridgewater hype - although maybe he is just not a hug fan of any of the QBs.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Watch out for the two free safeties from the Pac 12. They should be available when I suspect Fisher would consider a FS in the draft. Reynolds is projected to go in the 2nd but I'm going to guess he is still there in the 3rd and Baily (sp?) should be there in the 4th. Both are very smart, real good cover safeties, and ball hawks. They lack a little in whacking ability but in today's NFL that might not be a bad thing. They take good angles and anticipate throws very well.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/19/mike-mayock-deepest-draft-class-in-ten-years/

Mike Mayock: Deepest draft class in ten years
Posted by Curtis Crabtree on February 19, 2014

With the 2013 season fully in the rear-view mirror, the focus for all 32 NFL teams has turned fully toward this week’s NFL combine and the offseason evaluation process for draft-eligible prospects.

The combine officially gets underway on Wednesday as special teamers, offensive linemen and tight ends arrive in Indianapolis for check-ins. NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock held a conference call with reporters on Tuesday to discuss the strengths and weaknesses of this year’s college class.

Mayock came away impressed with the class as a whole.

“From my perspective, this is the deepest and best draft class I’ve seen in probably ten years,” Mayock said. “That’s been reinforced by most of the general managers and scouts I’ve talked to throughout the league. I had one GM tell me the other day that having a Top-20 pick this year is very similar to having a Top-10 pick last year.”

There may not be the “can’t miss” quarterback prospect in this draft to draw the focus of the class like an Andrew Luck or Robert Griffin III but Mayock says the depth of the class stands out.

“I think there’s more depth,” Mayock said. “I think there are certain positions that are stacked this year and you can get a quality player through three or four rounds.”

With the draft being moved back an additional two weeks, there will be plenty of time to get to know those prospects before Roger Goodell steps to the podium for the first time on May 8.

jjab360

Legend
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/19/mike-mayock-deepest-draft-class-in-ten-years/

Mike Mayock: Deepest draft class in ten years
Posted by Curtis Crabtree on February 19, 2014

With the 2013 season fully in the rear-view mirror, the focus for all 32 NFL teams has turned fully toward this week’s NFL combine and the offseason evaluation process for draft-eligible prospects.

The combine officially gets underway on Wednesday as special teamers, offensive linemen and tight ends arrive in Indianapolis for check-ins. NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock held a conference call with reporters on Tuesday to discuss the strengths and weaknesses of this year’s college class.

Mayock came away impressed with the class as a whole.

“From my perspective, this is the deepest and best draft class I’ve seen in probably ten years,” Mayock said. “That’s been reinforced by most of the general managers and scouts I’ve talked to throughout the league. I had one GM tell me the other day that having a Top-20 pick this year is very similar to having a Top-10 pick last year.”

There may not be the “can’t miss” quarterback prospect in this draft to draw the focus of the class like an Andrew Luck or Robert Griffin III but Mayock says the depth of the class stands out.

“I think there’s more depth,” Mayock said. “I think there are certain positions that are stacked this year and you can get a quality player through three or four rounds.”

With the draft being moved back an additional two weeks, there will be plenty of time to get to know those prospects before Roger Goodell steps to the podium for the first time on May 8.
Good thing this is the year the Skins decided to suck, I'd much rather have the 2nd overall pick this year than last year.

laramsoriginal

Starter
Like I said before, if and when the rams trade down, acquire picks for this year not next draft. Perfect time for the rams to fill all the major holes on the team I.e OL, CB, FS, depth at DT, LB. Go all in baby lol

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Hope we get some more picks in a trade down or 2 so the team gets built up on picks and not free agents! Free agents are to be back ups, not starters! IMO!!!!

Alan

Legend
rhinobean with a new avatar:
860.jpg
Hey rhinobean, nice new avatar! I'm unable to make out what's in the picture but I like the colors. :)

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Hey rhinobean, nice new avatar! I'm unable to make out what's in the picture but I like the colors. :)

It's Rhino. One of Spider-Man's infamous adversaries. And my fav villian, too.

Spider-Man-Rhino-300x278.jpg

Back on topic, I can almost here Mike Mayok screaming this list. He's a smart guy, Mayok is...but man, he's also getting to be really annoying.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Thanks, Alan! Marvel characters are my favorites! Been a fan of theirs more than 40 years! Got more time now to read them and other stuff in retirement!