Mike Mayock discusses Cal WR Keenan Allen pro day

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Agamemnon

Rookie
[nfl]0ap2000000158484[/nfl]
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-am/0ap2000000158484" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-am/0ap2000000158484</a>

Mike Mayock discusses Cal WR Keenan Allen pro day

Published: April 9, 2013 at 01:42 p.m. | 0 Views
04:52 – Mike Mayock reveals how he rates Cal WR Keenan Allen as an NFL prospect after watching his pro day.

duckhunter

Starter
Kind of explains why Cal played him in the slot last year. If Austin is gone and Swope is gone in the 3rd, I'd consider him for the slot in the 4th.

jap

Legend
duckhunter said:
Kind of explains why Cal played him in the slot last year. If Austin is gone and Swope is gone in the 3rd, I'd consider him for the slot in the 4th.

I don't know if he will last to the 4th, though.

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
Yeah I would say at this point he going to be picked up between 35 to 55.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
No secret I'm an Austin homer but regardless of that I just don't see anything special watching Allen. At that kind of speed it smells of a Gibson type guy. Will get some receptions but just not a #1 pick. 2nd round or later, ok. Just not #16 or #22. I don't think he offers anything Brian Quick doesn't and Quick is faster.

duckhunter

Starter
jap said:
duckhunter said:

I don't know if he will last to the 4th, though.

Yeah, Kind of an overreaction on my part. When I listened to Mayock, it sounded more like crisis control.

There's just too many good WRs to roll the dice on this guy early when we need depth at both split end and in the slot and in general more quickness and speed competing throughout the roster.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Cool to see and hear about Ricky "Shut The Fuck Up Tampa" Proehl.

Not only does he own the facility there,,, he took care of the QB duties. Cool as shit.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
I just can't get over the knee. I can't even keep researching or considering him as a player because of it. I love his passion on the field. He's a competitor like Mayock said for sure. His knee could kill all of that though, and I wouldn't be remotely close to feeling comfortable in risking my teams future on it if I was a GM.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
iced said:
Completely expect Allen to free fall now
I agree. I wonder if the Rams might be able to get him in the third round now. The guy was a late 1st-mid 2nd round pick to begin with. Now with his slow time and the fact that injury is continuing, I wonder if the Rams could wait till the third round if they wanted him. The more I hear about him, the more I think Pettis or Gibson with a bit more size to them. I say pass, we already did that experiment and it failed.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
brokeu91 said:
iced said:
Completely expect Allen to free fall now
I agree. I wonder if the Rams might be able to get him in the third round now. The guy was a late 1st-mid 2nd round pick to begin with. Now with his slow time and the fact that injury is continuing, I wonder if the Rams could wait till the third round if they wanted him. The more I hear about him, the more I think Pettis or Gibson with a bit more size to them. I say pass, we already did that experiment and it failed.
3rd, 4th, 5th, don't want him, he doesn't fit.