Mike Martz on the GSOT (Fastlane)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
smram said:
LesBaker said:
albefree69 said:
LesBaker talking dichotomies:
When he said "I think I would have liked to finish up there with Kurt" referring to staying in STL and keeping Warner as the QB I wanted to punch the monitor.

I'll never forgive him for the single dumbest move in the franchises history. I don't care how many ways he says he was wrong, I cannot get past the monumentally stupid, massive ego driven thing he did that broke this franchise and started the downward spiral and the circle of suck.

He blew it, and by "it" I mean perhaps the most special set of circumstances a guy could imagine. There are reasons why this guy got fired so many times in such a short period of time. I won't revise history like some who are willing to do that for the sake of nostalgia. Martz and his ego ruined the team when it was primed to be the type of dynasty that we see in one of two other cities and eras. Like the run the 49ers had with Young and Montana, or the run the Patriots are having this last decade.

That could have been the Rams. But it wasn't. And the biggest reason is Martz.

Martz giveth and Martz taketh away. We wouldn't have been so special without him. He should have just stayed the OC. You have to apportion part of the blame to DV IMO.

I've always said the blame was Martz and then the FO at the time. While he had final say over personnel someone should have stepped in and stopped him, even if it was GF herself saying "no, you can't do that".

He should have had the effing sense in the first place but didn't. While it's nice of him to admit it years later it does me as a fan no good at all.

Exactly who did you want to veto him and draft someone better? The accountant, the lawyer or the ex Vegas show girl?

I was more specifically talking about his meathead decision to cut Warner. So it wouldn't have mattered to me who told him no, someone should have done it. And he shouldn't have been that dumb in the first place.

Nice of him to cop to it many years later but like I said it does me as a fan no good at all.