Mike Holmgren: 49ers "not interested."

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.contracostatimes.com/bre...rce=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Mike Holmgren: 49ers "not interested."
By Cam Inman cinman@bayareanewsgroup.com

SANTA CLARA -- As the 49ers enter Week 2 of their coaching search, at least one name can be ruled out: Bay Area native Mike Holmgren.

Holmgren, a 49ers assistant before coaching the Green Bay Packers and Seattle Seahawks, told a Seattle radio station Monday that the 49ers are "not interested" in hiring him to replace Jim Harbaugh.

Holmgren told KJR 950-AM that the 49ers were the only coaching vacancy that appealed to him. He hasn't coached since leaving the Seahawks after the 2008 season, and he's now closed the book on a comeback, telling KJR's Mitch Levy: "That's it."

Holmgren, appearing on his weekly radio show, did say he was offered other jobs in the NFL last week. The San Francisco native and Lincoln High product coached on the 49ers staff from 1986-91. He was the Green Bay Packers coach from 1992-98, then the Seahawks' from 1999-2008. He served as the Cleveland Browns president from 2010-12.

In other news related to the 49ers' search, Detroit Lions defensive coordinator Teryl Austin is expected to interview with the 49ers on Thursday, following a Wednesday audition with the Atlanta Falcons, according to NFL Network.

Also, Mike Shanahan has met with both the 49ers and Raiders, according to multiple reports. His interview with the 49ers was on New Year's Day, and he reportedly met with the Raiders' Mark Davis this past weekend (perhaps explaining why he was spotted at a San Francisco's Chevy's restaurant, per KPIX). Buffalo and Chicago could also be in play for Shanahan.

A week ago, 49ers general manager Trent Baalke said he expected the 49ers to conduct interviews for seven to 10 days.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Hey Holmgren...

I hear Sea World needs help with their walrus show. Don't give up!

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I'm interested!

I'll take a couple million and deliberately run them into the ground! ;)

"OK guys. 2000 wind sprints, then practice giving the ball to the guys wearing blue!"

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I'm interested!

I'll take a couple million and deliberately run them into the ground! ;)

"OK guys. 2000 wind sprints, then practice giving the ball to the guys wearing blue!"

Still could not do it...Would vomit at the sight of those uniforms!