Mike Florio on the E-Mak show (Dome & Bounties)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
[rp3]http://www.emakshow.com/wp-content/uploads/051012-s6-florio.mp3[/rp3]
http://www.emakshow.com/mike-florio-of- ... r-appeals/

Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk joins the program to discuss the Rams proposal for dome renovations and what their chances are at getting what they want. Also, Saints players are appealing their suspensions and Florio gives his take on the latest regarding the suspended players from Bountygate.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
That was an awesome interview with Florio... I dont't ever recall him being quite so honest and blunt before. He is certainly calling out the NFL on its duplicity re: BountyGate

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Re:

interference said:
That was an awesome interview with Florio... I dont't ever recall him being quite so honest and blunt before. He is certainly calling out the NFL on its duplicity re: BountyGate
Yeah, I noticed that too. Seemed to be in the zone there - like it was personal.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
The NFL needs to show their evidence. Enough with the PR charade. If they're going to start penalizing careers, I want to see what they are basing that on, and it better be tangible and material.

Name
Guido
Re:

interference said:
The NFL needs to show their evidence. Enough with the PR charade. If they're going to start penalizing careers, I want to see what they are basing that on, and it better be tangible and material.

You aren't the only one. But, I honestly feel we have already seen their evidence. They touted the Hargrove declaration and the Ornstein email as proof positive of player involvement. But, now that both have become public it is clear that neither show any ties between players and a bounty program. Goodell claimed the Hargrove document stated that he "acknowledged the nature of the bounty program, the players involvement and his own personal participation". Once it became public it showed none of the above.

Name
Guido
Re: Re:

X said:
interference said:
Yeah, I noticed that too. Seemed to be in the zone there - like it was personal.

I think it is becoming personal. No other reporter has delved into this as deeply as he has. In the beginning he was butchering the Saints and taking every twisted bit of rhetoric that Goodell was dishing out as hard fact. I think he's feeling burned. He has made a complete 180 since the first couple of weeks.

Name
Guido
In case you haven't had the chance to read Hargrove's declaration ...

... voila!

Read it very carefully and you'll see it contains no "evidence" of anything.

page1.1.jpg

page2.jpg

page3.jpg

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
lol. True. No hard evidence there at all.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
AsylumGuido said:

... voila!

page1.1.jpg

page2.jpg

page3.jpg
First, declaration is mission a paragraph 6

Second, paragraphs 5, 7, 8, 10 and 11 seem to be where there's smoke.

Third, if you read it literally, and don't infer anything, and without any other hard evidence on-hand, then the Declaration simply shows that Hargrove followed orders laid-out by Vitt & Williams.

But it does NOT prove, or even show, that there was a bounty program, or that Hargrove lied about the existence of a bounty program. I certainly hope that Goodell has something more than this.

Lastly, can you please post the Ornstein email, if you have it.

Name
Guido
interference said:
AsylumGuido said:

... voila!

First, declaration is mission a paragraph 6

Second, paragraphs 5, 7, 8, 10 and 11 seem to be where there's smoke.

Third, if you read it literally, and don't infer anything, and without any other hard evidence on-hand, then the Declaration simply shows that Hargrove followed orders laid-out by Vitt & Williams.

But it does NOT prove, or even show, that there was a bounty program, or that Hargrove lied about the existence of a bounty program. I certainly hope that Goodell has something more than this.

Lastly, can you please post the Ornstein email, if you have it.

According to NFL's hired gun, Mary Jo White, this declaration is proof of player involvement. Of course, she said that before it ever went public. As for the email, I'll post a story on it from Yahoo sports that obtained a copy.

Name
Guido
Players, NFL disagree on context of bounty email

NEW ORLEANS (AP) — An email from an imprisoned friend of the Saints coaching staff with a postscript saying, "put me down for $5,000" on Green Bay quarterback Aaron Rodgers has become another sore point between players being punished for New Orleans' bounty system and the NFL.

The email, obtained by The Associated Press, was written from prison by marketing agent Mike Ornstein shortly before the Saints' 2011 season opener against the Packers. Ornstein once represented Reggie Bush and later got to know members of the Saints' coaching staff.

The bulk of Ornstein's note to the Saints discusses his experiences in prison and offers sometimes brash words of encouragement to various coaches, including then-Saints defensive coordinator Gregg Williams. The last line states: "PS Gregg Williams put me down for $5000.00 on Rogers (sic)." Ornstein says now that was written "in total jest."

Ornstein was sentenced to eight months in federal prison, which he served in Florence, Colo., for conspiring to scalp Super Bowl tickets and hawking fake "game-worn" jerseys. He was released last fall.

"It's a running joke going for three years," Ornstein said in a phone interview this week, explaining that he had been kidding Williams about bounties ever since the NFC championship game in 2010, after which the Vikings told the NFL that they believed the Saints had a bounty on quarterback Brett Favre.

When shown Ornstein's note in its entirety, an attorney for suspended Saints linebacker Jonathan Vilma echoed his criticism from earlier this week that the NFL is manipulating evidence to strengthen a weak case.

"Ornstein's email is just another example of the speciousness of the quote-unquote evidence that Commissioner (Roger) Goodell claims to have to support his erroneous accusations against Jonathan and the other players," lawyer Peter Ginsberg said. "As more of the evidence is revealed in the media, it is becoming more and more apparent how irresponsible the NFL's actions have been."

The NFL did not immediately respond Thursday evening to a request for comment.

In a report released March 21, the NFL highlighted Ornstein's line about Rodgers, stating that it came in an email Saints head coach Asshole Face received from "a close associate."

Payton and the other coaches on the staff did not receive the email from Ornstein directly, but from team spokesman Greg Bensel, who forwarded it on Sept. 3 to the coaching staff with the subject line: "email from Orny (he asked that I send it) the dude is in prison so I told him I would."

Earlier this week, Ginsberg blasted the NFL's interpretation of a sworn statement by suspended former Saints defensive lineman Anthony Hargrove, whose signed declaration explains how Williams and Saints assistant head coach Joe Vitt instructed him to deny the existence of a bounty program to NFL investigators.

Mary Jo White, a former U.S. attorney hired by the NFL, has said Hargrove's declaration confirms the existence of a bounty program, and that Hargrove was instructed to lie about it — and did lie about it — when first questioned by league investigators.

However, Hargrove, who is now with Green Bay, said this week that the NFL mischaracterized his statement, which the AP also obtained. The declaration does not go into specifics about just what Hargrove knew or did not know about a bounty program in New Orleans, and it does not explicitly say that he lied. (made a trim here)

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Corporate justice ... :roll:

A former employer of mine (I left a few months before this happened) dealt with subjective claims and innuendo, not with facts and logic, but through politics and "making the problem go away" tactics.

None of those fired (Branch Director, Operations Manager) ever had a chance to confront their accusers, and none of the extenuating circumstances (disgruntled ex-employees, misrepresented facts) were even considered.

Keep in mind that this was a smooth-running distribution warehouse; a well-oiled machine, if you will.

So none of this bounty stuff surprises me.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Re: Mike Florio on the E-Mak show (Dome & Bounties)

AsylumGuido said:
According to NFL's hired gun, Mary Jo White, this declaration is proof of player involvement. Of course, she said that before it ever went public. As for the email, I'll post a story on it from Yahoo sports that obtained a copy.
This chick?

Mary Jo White
Partner, Debevoise & Plimpton, LLC

mjwhite@debevoise.com
919 Third Avenue
New York, NY 10022
T: +1 212 909 6260
F: +1 212 909 6836

Areas of Practice:

Litigation : White Collar Criminal Defense/Internal Investigations; Securities and Corporate Governance Litigation; Health Care Litigation, Enforcement & Compliance

Corporate Governance

Health Care & Life Sciences

Experience
When Mary Jo White left her post as US Attorney for the Southern District of New York in January, 2002, she was acclaimed for her nearly nine years as the leader of what is widely recognized as the premier US Attorney’s office in the nation. She had supervised over 200 Assistant US Attorneys in successfully prosecuting some of the most important national and international matters, including complex white collar and international terrorism cases. Ms. White rejoined Debevoise in 2002, and became Chair of the firm's over 225 lawyer Litigation Department. She is a Fellow in the American College of Trial Lawyers and the International College of Trial Lawyers. Ms. White is the recipient of numerous awards and is regularly ranked as a leading lawyer by directories that evaluate law firms. In addition, Ms. White has served as a Director of The Nasdaq Stock Exchange, and on its Executive, Audit and Policy Committee. She is also a member of the Council on Foreign Relations.

http://www.debevoise.com/Attorneys/Deta ... 08b1aa7de0

If this is the right person, then no more needs to be said. I just hope the NFLPA, and/or the players fight this bullshit case, cause the NFL does NOT have cause, and can be sued for an enormous damages claim.