mike evans

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fastcat

Pro Bowler
I see just alot of u guys like watkins as a wr but what about Evans? He is big and tall and physical... wouldn't he be an ideal wr for the rams instead of watkins? we have speed at wr with givens and Austin. But we don't have a goto guy with size, Bailey looks like a sure thing but he isn't big but he plays big. So why not Evans over waykins? Where is he projected to be drafted?

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Shit , don't get this started again. Your gonna have the RFIP boys all over ya! Lmao

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Go to guy with size...Cook.

Guy with size with the potential...Quick.

IMO, Evans is the biggest "boom or bust" WR in the draft.

fastcat

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Cook imo is soft, plus he drops to many passes. Quick doesnt use his size enough to warrent even being a major factor. Why do u think he is boom or bust.... Even more so than quick? What is rfip?

Sum1

Hall of Fame
IMO he is the same as Quick...actually, I think there is still more to be excited about with Quick because of what I have seen with my own eyes at camp. I've seen Quick flash and it excited me. I was disappointed this past season that he didn't have a coming out, but I think it is very possible it can happen this coming season. I've watched Evans and I just don't see anything other than his size...and the Rams have 2 big guys already...they have 2 other guys with sure hands (Pettis and Bailey)...you've got a vertical speed guy (Givens) and you've got your slot speed (Austin)...if they are adding a receiver they need someone that is more well rounded, and Watkins IMO fits that bill a whole lot better...but if you want size I think Kelvin Benjamin has more well-rounded potential and can be had later than Evans.

JMO...

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I see just alot of u guys like watkins as a wr but what about Evans? He is big and tall and physical... wouldn't he be an ideal wr for the rams instead of watkins? we have speed at wr with givens and Austin. But we don't have a goto guy with size, Bailey looks like a sure thing but he isn't big but he plays big. So why not Evans over waykins? Where is he projected to be drafted?

You do make a great point. We do have the speed to roast most anyone in 1 on 1 coverages. It's watching a performance like in SF where we were just over powered by the physical style of defense SF plays. Perhaps Evans would be a plus here.

Not to mention we could draft Clowney and still get a good WR...

Marquese Lee may very well be a better talent, though.

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
IMO he is the same as Quick...actually, I think there is still more to be excited about with Quick because of what I have seen with my own eyes at camp. I've seen Quick flash and it excited me. I was disappointed this past season that he didn't have a coming out, but I think it is very possible it can happen this coming season. I've watched Evans and I just don't see anything other than his size...and the Rams have 2 big guys already...they have 2 other guys with sure hands (Pettis and Bailey)...you've got a vertical speed guy (Givens) and you've got your slot speed (Austin)...if they are adding a receiver they need someone that is more well rounded, and Watkins IMO fits that bill a whole lot better...but if you want size I think Kelvin Benjamin has more well-rounded potential and can be had later than Evans.

JMO...

If Quick was Mike Evans, we'd have seen a lot more from him by this point. Evans is EXTREMELY physical, uses his body really well and has great hands...consistently wins at the catch point in traffic. These are all things that Quick struggles with that keep him from being an effective "big" WR for us.

I have no issues with Watkins. But when it comes down to Evans vs. Benjamin, it's not even a question for me. The frustration from watching our WRs drop pass after pass is bad enough already. Evans catches almost everything. Benjamin drops way too many easy passes and rumors are that he struggled learning the FSU offense his first couple years on campus. Evans, on the other hand, didn't play football until his final year of high school and managed to be a stud as a redshirt freshman and one of the best WRs in the NCAA this year as a sophomore.

A55VA6

Legend
I like Evans a lot, but the concern for a lot of teams is he's exactly the fastest WR out there. Thankfully he has the size and the hands to make up for it.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
If Quick was Mike Evans, we'd have seen a lot more from him by this point. Evans is EXTREMELY physical, uses his body really well and has great hands...consistently wins at the catch point in traffic. These are all things that Quick struggles with that keep him from being an effective "big" WR for us.

I have no issues with Watkins. But when it comes down to Evans vs. Benjamin, it's not even a question for me. The frustration from watching our WRs drop pass after pass is bad enough already. Evans catches almost everything. Benjamin drops way too many easy passes and rumors are that he struggled learning the FSU offense his first couple years on campus. Evans, on the other hand, didn't play football until his final year of high school and managed to be a stud as a redshirt freshman and one of the best WRs in the NCAA this year as a sophomore.
If the Rams draft Evans I will hope that everything you say is 100% correct and I am 100% wrong (which I have been many times before, like I always say, I'm just another asshole with an opinion)...but I just don't see it with Evans.

And I am only going off of what I have seen with my own eyes...and Quick has the ability to be physical, I've seen it at camp. He needs to put it together on game day in the NFL...and I'd like to point out that we haven't seen that from Evans in the NFL either, so to say that what if Evans and Quick were the same we'd have seen more by now is a bit premature.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Evans actually grew on me after watching videos on him. Hes a big physical guy. If anything we do need that big guy thats willing to fight for the ball. But I still say no to WR so high and I know Evans is going high.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If the Rams draft Evans I will hope that everything you say is 100% correct and I am 100% wrong (which I have been many times before, like I always say, I'm just another asshole with an opinion)...but I just don't see it with Evans.

And I am only going off of what I have seen with my own eyes...and Quick has the ability to be physical, I've seen it at camp. He needs to put it together on game day in the NFL...and I'd like to point out that we haven't seen that from Evans in the NFL either, so to say that what if Evans and Quick were the same we'd have seen more by now is a bit premature.

Maybe but I have seen Evans do it consistently on the field. And that doesn't tend to change. Fair points, though.

RFIP

We have an Evans-like wr in Quick now who can't get it done. Quick is faster though shorter but plays timid as shit when going after the ball, very physical in run blocking though.

We have nothing like Watkins, who is a true #1 in every sense of the word.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We have an Evans-like wr in Quick now who can't get it done. Quick is faster though shorter but plays timid as shit when going after the ball, very physical in run blocking though.

We have nothing like Watkins, who is a true #1 in every sense of the word.

We have a Watkins like WR in Givens. Sure, he's shorter, plays more timidly and doesn't attack the ball like Watkins...but he's fast and has a somewhat similar body type.

RFIP

We have a Watkins like WR in Givens. Sure, he's shorter, plays more timidly and doesn't attack the ball like Watkins...but he's fast and has a somewhat similar body type.

LOL, now THAT's funny! (y)

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
;)You two are so cute. What's the over under on total page count for this thread? Now that's a wager I would like to see in the sports book.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Hey RFIP, where the hell is ur boy? I haven't seen him around

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
;)You two are so cute. What's the over under on total page count for this thread? Now that's a wager I would like to see in the sports book.

Depends. What's my cut if you win this bet?