Mike Evans, Marqise Lee or Sammy Watkins?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have no problem with you evaluation. But Rutgers isn't much of a passing team and they ask Coleman to block more than receive.
I really don't want to draft any wide receiver in this draft, and if we did, not one early. The earliest one i would draft would be Coleman, but i hope we take a flyer on a later round prospect. I think we need to let ours grow a bit, and adding a high rounder into it doesnt help that much.

I am feeling the same way. Although, as I said, Coleman wouldn't be my choice. I really like Brandin Cooks and Jeremy Gallon...although both are small WRs.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I am feeling the same way. Although, as I said, Coleman wouldn't be my choice. I really like Brandin Cooks and Jeremy Gallon...although both are small WRs.

Well we all have our preferences, those can't be helped. Understandable if we disagree on mid round prospects we prefer lol

I like Cooks for his consistency, but we already have a Cooks in Bailey IMO, and i think Bailey will be better(not rams bias).
As for Gallon, he is just to small for me, and without his 369 yard game, hasn't impressed me to much. He isn't bad, but i don't really want to draft a receiver who is that short. We already have Austin who can do much much more.

Just my opinions, they may turn out to be great or not. we don't know.

V3

Hall of Fame
My point is that I believe Givens hasn't shown to be a complete receiver to this point. He's been disappointing this year to me.

I think Bailey and Quick will start on the outside next year with Austin in the slot. I also think Givens will be used as a deep threat and not relied upon to do numerous things like he is now.

Might not work out that way...but Givens and Bailey having a different skill set doesn't really have anything to do with it.

I agree that Givens hasn't progressed this year. My point is that Givens is mostly used on the outside routes that utilize his speed. I don't see Bailey taking those routes away from him. I see Bailey doing exactly what Pettis does now. I think Pettis can be let go if Bailey shows up in these last few games.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Mike Evans. We already have speed. We have run after catch ability. Evans adds something we don't have. That's a big WR with ridiculous strength at the catch point, the ability to win jump-ball battles and extremely strong hands.

But I'm not sold we should be looking at a WR in Round 1. We'll see how our guys end the year. I still think Stedman Bailey will breakout in Year 2 or 3. Quick still has breakout potential too.

100% agree. Can't teach size, at 6'5, I want Evans. He compliments what we have better.

TexasRam

Legend
Evans would be a nice pick.

I take him if I go Wr at our later 1st round pick.

We probably go with Monica lewinsky's favorite player though. Haha Clinton-Dix.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Lee has not been healthy all year so it is hard to asses where he would be. What I have seen when healthy Lee is pretty special and could slip due to injuries.
I would love to have a big physical receiver but I think you can get that after the 3 mentioned are gone.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well we all have our preferences, those can't be helped. Understandable if we disagree on mid round prospects we prefer lol

I like Cooks for his consistency, but we already have a Cooks in Bailey IMO, and i think Bailey will be better(not rams bias).
As for Gallon, he is just to small for me, and without his 369 yard game, hasn't impressed me to much. He isn't bad, but i don't really want to draft a receiver who is that short. We already have Austin who can do much much more.

Just my opinions, they may turn out to be great or not. we don't know.

I don't really worry so much about what we do and don't have unless we're talking the choice on a premium pick(like Evans vs. Watkins). Outside of the first round, I just want to grab a guy that I think can play.

Gallon and Cooks can play. Gallon might be short but he plays with the same type of intensity that Steve Smith does and understands how to get open. I've compared him to Deion Branch and I think that's a fair comparison. He'll be a solid WR somewhere in the pros. Considering he's being talked about as a 4th or 5th round pick, that's good value.

Cooks reminds me of Antonio Brown on Pittsburgh. I think he'll be a good #2 or a great slot WR somewhere.

I also don't share the belief that some do that Austin is restricted to the slot. I think he might be more dangerous lined up outside and occasionally playing the slot.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Draft a sure #1 potential guy, or fuck it...

Gordon is talented but I'm not trading a top 5/10 pick for him and a 2nd.

Why not? He's one of two receivers topping 100 yards per game this season, he's due no more than $1.8million for each of the next two years, assuming he passes what ever criteria Fisher has for players with discipline reasons, surely guaranteed production beats potential?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why not? He's one of two receivers topping 100 yards per game this season, he's due no more than $1.8million for each of the next two years, assuming he passes what ever criteria Fisher has for players with discipline reasons, surely guaranteed production beats potential?

He plays in a system known for putting up numbers and imo isn't a top 5 WR. If I'm trading a top 5/10 pick, I want a top 5 WR. Plus, there's his history of off the field issues. If I feel WR is a major need, I'm just taking Mike Evans. I know it seems crazy to take the risk instead of going for a proven guy but Evans has less baggage and I think he will end up being a better player than Gordon. He's like a bigger Alshon or Anquan Boldin. Just freakishly strong at the catch point and those guys don't tend to bust.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Draft a sure #1 potential guy, or Freak it...

I get the point here but I don't necessarily agree. I prefer to draft in a way that maximizes value and I don't believe that a sure #1 is absolutely necessary. It's why I would be willing to take a guy in the mid rounds if I believe he can be a solid to good player at WR. Play the odds.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
To me it seems like we have a lot of guys who don't get enough opportunity to show their worth already, so adding another youngster to the mix would just make it worse. Let Sherman coach the guys we have already drafted high and let's focus on bolstering areas like DB where we are thin.

I, for one, am hoping that we stay with the power run scheme and emphasizing a dominant defense.....proven strategy, especially in the playoffs...

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
IF we had to pick a WR, I'd say Evans because of same reasons already stated, big, strong, just flat out wins when going up or out for the ball.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I don't really worry so much about what we do and don't have unless we're talking the choice on a premium pick(like Evans vs. Watkins). Outside of the first round, I just want to grab a guy that I think can play.

Gallon and Cooks can play. Gallon might be short but he plays with the same type of intensity that Steve Smith does and understands how to get open. I've compared him to Deion Branch and I think that's a fair comparison. He'll be a solid WR somewhere in the pros. Considering he's being talked about as a 4th or 5th round pick, that's good value.

Cooks reminds me of Antonio Brown on Pittsburgh. I think he'll be a good #2 or a great slot WR somewhere.

I also don't share the belief that some do that Austin is restricted to the slot. I think he might be more dangerous lined up outside and occasionally playing the slot.

Hey man, nobody is here to judge... :uhm:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
To me it seems like we have a lot of guys who don't get enough opportunity to show their worth already, so adding another youngster to the mix would just make it worse. Let Sherman coach the guys we have already drafted high and let's focus on bolstering areas like DB where we are thin.

I, for one, am hoping that we stay with the power run scheme and emphasizing a dominant defense.....proven strategy, especially in the playoffs...

This is where I am. I don't know what the coaches are seeing but it seems we have a lot invested - draft wise - in the receivers already have. I would like to see us work on other areas that either help our skill players do their thing or shut down the opposing offenses.

TexasRam

Legend
I change my answer. I take Lee over Evans. Evans looks too slow. I don't like how timid he plays. Lee is super athletic and explosive and can run routes.

But I go Jake Matthews if he's there. Dominant in all phases.

duckhunter

Starter
I'd like Doriel Green-Beckham, please!

Not a fan of any WR in the 1st, gimme linemen and CB/Ss.

DGB is a sophomore and doesn't come out until next year. Still needs some more seasoning though. He's not just big, runs 4.4, long strider.

I'd really consider Washington from Mizzou though in the mid to late rounds.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Not a fan of any WR in the 1st, gimme linemen and CB/Ss.

DGB is a sophomore and doesn't come out until next year. Still needs some more seasoning though. He's not just big, runs 4.4, long strider.

I'd really consider Washington from Mizzou though in the mid to late rounds.
I knew he's a sophomore. Want him in 15! Don't want a wide out this year! Defensive back and O line this year, mebbe linebacker!