Mike Ditka picks Rams over Broncos

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
Loved him in Kicking and Screaming. I don't have an hour and 20 minutes though :(.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Ditka was the all time champion at temper tantrums for coaches. He used to crack me up, it was fun to watch him throw a fit especially at the refs!

He mellowed after his heart attack.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
He traded his whole draft for Ricky Williams, but WTH? Give'em hell Ditka...Go Rams!

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
I like Iron Mike. He's never been afraid to go his own way, right or wrong, and I admire that in a person. Ricky Williams was a disaster but you can't say it wasn't a ballsy move. I recall when they had a staff fantasy football draft him picking the Chicago Bears Defense in like the fourth round. lol. He's a legendary football player and coach. And, despite that he shows a lot of humility and is just a funny guy. What is not to like? And in this case, he is right...we are gonna win!!!

27e3bf52e7dcd2b1f8ba73dbfa00138e.jpg
425eca50e85600c99a3117948be7fdad.jpg
mike-ditka-with-cigar.jpg

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
I live the fact this guy traded all his picks for one player. Nuts
Funny, but I prefer these facts:
  • He signed with the Bears in 1961 and his presence was immediately felt. In his first season, Ditka had 58 receptions, introducing a new dimension to a tight end position that had previously been dedicated to blocking. He scored 12 touchdowns, earning Rookie of the Year honors.
  • He played for the Bears for five years, earning a Pro Bowl trip each season.
  • He played on the 1963 NFL championship team (pre-superbowl)
  • He spent four seasons with the Cowboys, highlighted by a touchdown reception in the Cowboys' 24–3 victory over the Miami Dolphins in Super Bowl VI.
  • He is the only Head Coach in the history of the Super Bowl to score a touchdown in a Super Bowl as a player.
  • He had 427 career receptions for 5,812 yards and 43 touchdowns earned him the honor of being the first tight end ever inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
  • Ditka spent nine seasons as an assistant coach with the Cowboys. During his tenure, the Cowboys made the playoffs eight times, won six division titles and three NFC Championships
  • He led the Bears to seven playoff appearnces, 3 NFC championship games, and won Super Bowl XX
  • Ditka and Tom Flores are the only two people to win an NFL title as a player, an assistant coach, and a head coach.
  • He was awarded NFL Coach of the Year honors in 1985 and 1988 by the Associated Press, The Sporting News, and Pro Football Weekly.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Ditka

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
Funny, but I prefer these facts:
  • He signed with the Bears in 1961 and his presence was immediately felt. In his first season, Ditka had 58 receptions, introducing a new dimension to a tight end position that had previously been dedicated to blocking. He scored 12 touchdowns, earning Rookie of the Year honors.
  • He played for the Bears for five years, earning a Pro Bowl trip each season.
  • He played on the 1963 NFL championship team (pre-superbowl)
  • He spent four seasons with the Cowboys, highlighted by a touchdown reception in the Cowboys' 24–3 victory over the Miami Dolphins in Super Bowl VI.
  • He is the only Head Coach in the history of the Super Bowl to score a touchdown in a Super Bowl as a player.
  • He had 427 career receptions for 5,812 yards and 43 touchdowns earned him the honor of being the first tight end ever inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
  • Ditka spent nine seasons as an assistant coach with the Cowboys. During his tenure, the Cowboys made the playoffs eight times, won six division titles and three NFC Championships
  • He led the Bears to seven playoff appearnces, 3 NFC championship games, and won Super Bowl XX
  • Ditka and Tom Flores are the only two people to win an NFL title as a player, an assistant coach, and a head coach.
  • He was awarded NFL Coach of the Year honors in 1985 and 1988 by the Associated Press, The Sporting News, and Pro Football Weekly.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Ditka

Those are all impressive granted, but I think it's more impressive that he fell asleep on live television

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Which is worse, that one or the Walker trade? Tough call for me.

The Walker Trade because Dallas went on to win several Super Bowls whereas the Redskins did not plus there is a Wikipedia page solely dedicated to the Hershel Walker Trade so that trumps Ditka's move IMO.