Mike Bercovici - AZ State

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
So I was listening to a podcast this morning and Matt Waldman was asked to pick one QB in this class, who won't be drafted until very late (or at all), that we should keep an eye on. He picked Bercovici, and gave a number of compelling reasons why. He also spoke with a renowned QB coach in the Los Angeles area who talked him up HUGE; and this guy has tutored some of the league's best QBs in his career. He said (paraphrasing) "It would be a colossal injustice if Bercovici never gets a fair look in this league; because once he gets his opportunity, he'll be a consistent starter in the NFL for 15 years."

I can't find any meaningful highlights or complete games, but I just started looking. I'll see if I can find the podcast, trim out that section, and post it on here. I also wonder if Snead has checked this guy out yet. I imagine he has, but it would be interesting to know what he thinks of him.
I'm curious, IDK. Can you give us an example of some of the QB's, this " renowned Coach" has coached, any input on that!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
It's funny how everyone talks up his arm, but what I like about his throwing ability is the quick release and over the top motion.

IMO Graham did him a disservice not starting him, not to mention the offense isn't ideal for his skill set. Seems to me that with a lot of these guys it's about who ends up in the stable program with the right coaches that can maximize what they can do. Rough deal for him, but judging from the pics of his girlfriend I can see why the dude stayed at AZ State...

Bleeding Sun Devil colors? Yeah, right... :rolllaugh:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
It's funny how everyone talks up his arm, but what I like about his throwing ability is the quick release and over the top motion.

IMO Graham did him a disservice not starting him, not to mention the offense isn't ideal for his skill set. Seems to me that with a lot of these guys it's about who ends up in the stable program with the right coaches that can maximize what they can do. Rough deal for him, but judging from the pics of his girlfriend I can see why the dude stayed at AZ State...

Bleeding Sun Devil colors? Yeah, right... :rolllaugh:

Tom Brady situation all over again. Brady always looked great as the starter but he lost out to the highly recruited guy (Was it Henne?) I remember watching them play in the Big Ten and being disgusted because Michigan's backup QB was just as good if not better than their starter. The new coach wanted his Golden Boy in their though.. Brady was the better QB and I don't think it was particularly close. I guess they loved Henne's arm talent.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
So, if the Rams pass on all the top QBs and end up taking Bercovici is anyone here going to be concerned?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
In high school in So Cal back in the late 80's I remember all the hot chicks with rich parents and not much brains all went to Arizona State - they all got accepted together and wanted to keep the party going. To think you get a fresh influx every year

I haven't seen much of Bercovici but his girlfriend is a Top 5 selection !
View attachment 12983 View attachment 12984View attachment 12985

She needs to quit hiding behind her hair. This long hair fad drives me nuts. My 4 year old has to have long hair and it is always in her face. She is very cute, especially if she pulls her hair back off of her face.........but she hates to do that. Bercovici's woman looks like she is pretty but tough to tell when you only see half of her face.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

First Adams and now Bercovici. I wonder if they will do what Washington did and double down on the QB.

Either they got offers for Mannion, or they don't think too highly of him as a backup. Or,this visits were scheduled before the trade and they decided not to cancel them just to see if they like one of these guys enough to trade the pick.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
First Adams and now Bercovici. I wonder if they will do what Washington did and double down on the QB.

Either they got offers for Mannion, or they don't think too highly of him as a backup. Or,this visits were scheduled before the trade and they decided not to cancel them just to see if they like one of these guys enough to trade the pick.
Unless I'm mistaken, teams only get 30 pre-draft visits. They seem to be using an inordinate amount of them on QBs, even though they have one of the two top guys already locked in. And they already have 3 on the roster. I mean, they said they wanted to create competition at QB, but this is crazy. What're they gonna do? Bring 6 guys into camp?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Unless I'm mistaken, teams only get 30 pre-draft visits. They seem to be using an inordinate amount of them on QBs, even though they have one of the two top guys already locked in. And they already have 3 on the roster. I mean, they said they wanted to create competition at QB, but this is crazy. What're they gonna do? Bring 6 guys into camp?

Maybe they take two and trade two. If, like many suspect, the number 1 pick starts game 1, and the Rams are being asked about Keenum, Foles, and Mannion, maybe they figure to trade two of them. And if they trade Keenum and Mannion, they don't plan to keep Foles more than a year, they may need a backup

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Maybe they take two and trade two. If, like many suspect, the number 1 pick starts game 1, and the Rams are being asked about Keenum, Foles, and Mannion, maybe they figure to trade two of them. And if they trade Keenum and Mannion, they don't plan to keep Foles more than a year, they may need a backup
Maybe. As long as they hold onto Keenum. I think that dude is great for this team as a backup. And it's crazy to think that he's only got 16 games under his belt at this point. We've probably only just tapped his true potential *in this offense*.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe. As long as they hold onto Keenum. I think that dude is great for this team as a backup. And it's crazy to think that he's only got 16 games under his belt at this point. We've probably only just tapped his true potential *in this offense*.

But he also has the most trade value - and they could use more picks this year.

Of course, any trade would need to bring back more than they would think they would get for him as a comp pick.