Mike Bercovici - AZ State

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
So I was listening to a podcast this morning and Matt Waldman was asked to pick one QB in this class, who won't be drafted until very late (or at all), that we should keep an eye on. He picked Bercovici, and gave a number of compelling reasons why. He also spoke with a renowned QB coach in the Los Angeles area who talked him up HUGE; and this guy has tutored some of the league's best QBs in his career. He said (paraphrasing) "It would be a colossal injustice if Bercovici never gets a fair look in this league; because once he gets his opportunity, he'll be a consistent starter in the NFL for 15 years."

I can't find any meaningful highlights or complete games, but I just started looking. I'll see if I can find the podcast, trim out that section, and post it on here. I also wonder if Snead has checked this guy out yet. I imagine he has, but it would be interesting to know what he thinks of him.

fearsomefour

Legend
Interesting.
Every team is aware of him if he is a major conference guy....of course teams are probably aware of every QB who took snap in college this past year....wonder why he doesn't get much hype?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

fearsomefour

Legend
Good read.
Certainly seems an interesting prospect. It is interesting to see where guys like this go. Has a bunch of physical talent but not a ton of starts. A guy like this, if the Rams do take a QB, is where I could see them going. I am sure they like the top couple of guy but I doubt they will give up what is needed to move up to get one. So a mid round pick for a like Bercovici could certainly happen. Some other guys I like that are late round/fa kind of guys are Jeff Driskel from Louisiana Tech and Josh Woodrum from Liberty. Jason Vander Laan from Ferris State is my favorite "under the radar" QB at this point. So, lets go Bercovici in the 5th round and Vander Laan in the 7th and put this whole QB thing to rest for the next decade. That was an easy problem to solve.
I like those Arizona State uniform variations....some pretty sick ones.

"She watches film with me. She throws routes with me on her off days. She’s a great girl. She likes the attention."

Yeah, bro, keep that in check. That nonsense has to stop.
I dated a dancer once (different kind), she showed up at my work twice and that was the end of that relationship. Seriously though....your chick hanging around at practice and watching film....that is lame.

Last edited:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Good read.
Certainly seems an interesting prospect. It is interesting to see where guys like this go. Has a bunch of physical talent but not a ton of starts. A guy like this, if the Rams do take a QB, is where I could see them going. I am sure they like the top couple of guy but I doubt they will give up what is needed to move up to get one. So a mid round pick for a like Bercovici could certainly happen. Some other guys I like that are late round/fa kind of guys are Jeff Driskel from Louisiana Tech and Josh Woodrum from Liberty. Jason Vander Laan from Ferris State is my favorite "under the radar" QB at this point. So, lets go Bercovici in the 5th round and Vander Laan in the 7th and put this whole QB thing to rest for the next decade. That was an easy problem to solve.
I like those Arizona State uniform variations....some pretty sick ones.

"She watches film with me. She throws routes with me on her off days. She’s a great girl. She likes the attention."

Yeah, bro, keep that in check. That nonsense has to stop.
I dated a dancer once (different kind), she showed up at my work twice and that was the end of that relationship. Seriously though....your chick hanging around at practice and watching film....that is lame.
stage_5_clinger_mousepad.jpg

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I don't have anything to add about Bercovici cuz i don't follow Sun Devil sports like i used to. Those new uni's suck too. They used to be immediately identifiable and unique. Now they look generic.

We....(Tempe-ASU)...still have the best lookin chicks around though that wear next to nothing year-round. I'm still following that....just not too close.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Another quick fact on Bercovici- he went to Taft High in LA, with notable alum...Jeff Fisher.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We....(Tempe-ASU)...still have the best lookin chicks around though that wear next to nothing year-round. I'm still following that....just not too close.

Conveniently, ASU security is following you, too.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
@-X- found some more stuff on this kid. I'll look for more.

TEMPE, Ariz.- The NFL Draft is about three weeks away. Hard to believe right?

Many teams in the NFL are going to be looking to fill quarterback holes, whether that be at the top of the draft or in the later rounds to provide depth.

One quarterback being mentioned recently as a potential steal in this year's draft is former ASU signal caller Mike Bercovici.

Lance Zierlein of NFL.com says he sees potential in Bercovici that could make him a nice get for a NFL team:
"I feel like I'm on an island with Bercovici since I can't find any NFL personnel men who are on board, but that's fine by me. Bercovici has a cannon for an arm, adequate accuracy and good mobility to extend plays. His fire reminds me of Chase Daniel coming out and I believe he can be a quality NFL backup."

Bercovici threw for 3,860 yards, 30 touchdowns and threw nine interceptions last year.

http://www.12news.com/sports/college/asu/could-mike-bercovici-become-nfl-draft-steal/118084053

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@-X- found some more stuff on this kid. I'll look for more.

TEMPE, Ariz.- The NFL Draft is about three weeks away. Hard to believe right?

Many teams in the NFL are going to be looking to fill quarterback holes, whether that be at the top of the draft or in the later rounds to provide depth.

One quarterback being mentioned recently as a potential steal in this year's draft is former ASU signal caller Mike Bercovici.

Lance Zierlein of NFL.com says he sees potential in Bercovici that could make him a nice get for a NFL team:
"I feel like I'm on an island with Bercovici since I can't find any NFL personnel men who are on board, but that's fine by me. Bercovici has a cannon for an arm, adequate accuracy and good mobility to extend plays. His fire reminds me of Chase Daniel coming out and I believe he can be a quality NFL backup."

Bercovici threw for 3,860 yards, 30 touchdowns and threw nine interceptions last year.

http://www.12news.com/sports/college/asu/could-mike-bercovici-become-nfl-draft-steal/118084053

Chase Daniel? Now, I have to find time to watch him. ;)

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
I don't have anything to add about Bercovici cuz i don't follow Sun Devil sports like i used to. Those new uni's suck too. They used to be immediately identifiable and unique. Now they look generic.

Speaking of Tempe, AZ Killswitch Engage kicked major ass there last night @ Marquee. Chicks abound, too. :whistle:

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Tough to find actually football information on Mike Bercovici, it's all about his story and background...Anyways after the Rams draft Wentz, Goff or Lynch and trade Foles I'm on board bringing in Bercovici as an UDRFA, which is where I believe he will end up being and the fact that the Rams are now in Los Angeles, he'll be close to home and the fact that he played at Fisher's high school will make for another nice story.

As to if he'll make a good NFL QB, IDK, but I have a feeling he will be a future Head Coach someday at a major collegiate program.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
Interesting.
Every team is aware of him if he is a major conference guy....of course teams are probably aware of every QB who took snap in college this past year....wonder why he doesn't get much hype?
I think it's probably because of his conference. The Pac12 overrates QB stats like the California League does for batting average -- everything looks great because the defense is just so awful. The only team that plays a whiff of real football is Stanford, the rest is all basketball on grass. That probably hurts the less hyped guys like Bercovici, hard for him to get a fair look.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I watched ASU with Kelly against the Irish, and wasn't impressed with him. When he got hurt, they put this Bercovici kid in and IIRC he had some great comeback games.
I actually did follow him a bit last year and overall I'd say he was a huge disappointment. They expected him to take the reigns and dominate, however for the majority of the season he was mediocre at best. He had some spot light games early and wasn't good. Sure he finished with a flourish, like 10 TD in his last 3 games, but for the majority of the year, he was meh

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Yeah, his game against UCLA this year...dammit... He made some throws...

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder

In high school in So Cal back in the late 80's I remember all the hot chicks with rich parents and not much brains all went to Arizona State - they all got accepted together and wanted to keep the party going. To think you get a fresh influx every year

I haven't seen much of Bercovici but his girlfriend is a Top 5 selection !
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg