Mike and Mike's predictions, laughable.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Greenberg Rams go 7-9
Golic Rams go 4-12

Their reason was simply Bradford. I get that. However, they simply push aside the problems that Arizona has.

The Rams look to have the best defensive line in the division...and arguably the best offensive line in the division...but because the Cardinals have Carson Palmer they think they are going 9-7 and the Rams are doomed? I thought football games were won in the trenches?

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Greenberg Rams go 7-9
Golic Rams go 4-12

Their reason was simply Bradford. I get that. However, they simply push aside the problems that Arizona has.

The Rams look to have the best defensive line in the division...and arguably the best offensive line in the division...but because the Cardinals have Carson Palmer they think they are going 9-7 and the Rams are doomed? I thought football games were won in the trenches?

You assume that they've actually watched anything the Rams did in preseason instead of being handed some quick info by a staffer 2 mins before go time.

V3

Hall of Fame
I don't think 7-9 is all that insulting. Many people had us going 8-8 or 9-7 before the injury so to only lose a game or two with your backup isn't that bad.

4-12 is pretty extreme, though.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't think 7-9 is all that insulting. Many people had us going 8-8 or 9-7 before the injury so to only lose a game or two with your backup isn't that bad.

4-12 is pretty extreme, though.
The only thing that bothers me about the 7-9 is that he has Arizona going 9-7. I just don't see Arizona being better that the Rams...I honestly don't think the 49ers are going to be better than the Rams either.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
You assume that they've actually watched anything the Rams did in preseason instead of being handed some quick info by a staffer 2 mins before go time.

I think 4-12 from Golic is overly harsh but I think 7-9 is a perfectly fair guesstimate.

A lot is going to have to go right for this team to improve on last year's record. We're going to need lady luck on our side to make the playoffs.

Maybe burn a little extra sage too.

V3

Hall of Fame
The only thing that bothers me about the 7-9 is that he has Arizona going 9-7. I just don't see Arizona being better that the Rams...I honestly don't think the 49ers are going to be better than the Rams either.
I can't decide how big of an impact the Cardinals losing those two players will be. I still think Palmer has some gas left, especially with those receivers, and their O-line should be much better. I think they should have a better running game this year, too. I've been thinking the 49ers would be affected the most by their losses. The one thing that makes me sick is I actually think Seattle will be better this year.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I think 4-12 from Golic is overly harsh but I think 7-9 is a perfectly fair guesstimate.

A lot is going to have to go right for this team to improve on last year's record. We're going to need lady luck on our side to make the playoffs.

Maybe burn a little extra sage too.
Shaun Hill is better than Clemens. Our WR corp has gotten better. Our defense should be better scheme wise, progression wise, and even deeper than last season.

I might be wearing the rose colored glasses...but I think there are legitimate reasons to believe this team has gotten better.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Oh I think there are some red flags about their "improved" offensive line. Jonathon Cooper especially.

iced

These are the same people that don't factor in all the losses to Seattle, San Fran, and Arizona, whether by suspension or lost in free agency.

I'm sure those teams are all going to be super strength without their pro bowlers and upcoming studs

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I have a very hard time listening to Golic and his ridiculously fake laughter anymore. It's so fake that it makes me change the channel. His time has more than passed as far as I'm concerned. I'd replace his ass with Chris Carter immediately if I was in charge of that program.

Yawn

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
I have a very hard time listening to Golic and his ridiculously fake laughter anymore. It's so fake that it makes me change the channel. His time has more than passed as far as I'm concerned. I'd replace his ass with Chris Carter immediately if I was in charge of that program.

Yawn
Ya I like Chris Carter. No way Cards are better than Rams.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Shaun Hill is better than Clemens. Our WR corp has gotten better. Our defense should be better scheme wise, progression wise, and even deeper than last season.

I might be wearing the rose colored glasses...but I think there are legitimate reasons to believe this team has gotten better.

Hill should be better than Clemens. Hopefully at age 34 and having not started meaningful games in 3 years won't affect him, but that's something we're not going to know until further in the season.

We hope the WRs continue their success into the season but we've seen flashes from guys in the preseason for years now and it hasn't translated. We're hanging our hopes on Kenny Britt who hasn't contributed much in the regular season for awhile now, and Brian Quick who has shown glimpses, albeit not nearly as consistently as he did in the preseason, but never was able to put it together.

We have OL questions with Jake Long likely needing an adjustment period to start the season and injury questions with him, Rodger Saffold, and Scott Wells, with questionable depth once we get past Greg Robinson.

I think Gregg Williams will get the most out of this defense but I still question our secondary.

Will James Laurinaitis be ready to play up to the level he normally plays at for the first few weeks after missing the entire preseason?

The talent level on this team has definitely gotten better. But unfortunately we're not the only team that can say that.

The skill level of this team as compared to the pre-Fisher days is night and day, but my biggest concern is that this young team is going to need a few weeks before they really get things going, but with the way our schedule lines up, we really need to come out firing during the first 3 weeks. A slow start could bury us.

The homer in me is still hoping for a 9 or 10 win season. But the realist in me wouldn't be shocked to see another 7 or 8 win season given our question marks.

All I can say is it's about damn time the homer in me gets rewarded because I'm tired of the realist in me being right!

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
Something about these NFL prognosticators, they think it's just about QB and nothing else.

These Rams will win games like the 2000 Ravens or 2002 Bucs or 2007 Giants, winning with D, running and smart/safe QB play. If they are hitting on all cylinders when they get to the playoffs, they can do some damage.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that ' All our worries and concerns will be wiped away once we Trash the Vikings!!'.:D GO RAMS!

anode8

Professional lurker, occasional poster.
Name
Ron
The homer in me is still hoping for a 9 or 10 win season. But the realist in me wouldn't be shocked to see another 7 or 8 win season given our question marks.

This!

I can't stand listening to Mike & Mike anymore, or most of the national ESPN people for that matter. The facts don't matter as much as throwing a huge rant or stirring up controversy. Their game plan is easy to see through. That said, 7-9 is a possibility.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
This!

I can't stand listening to Mike & Mike anymore, or most of the national ESPN people for that matter. The facts don't matter as much as throwing a huge rant or stirring up controversy. Their game plan is easy to see through. That said, 7-9 is a possibility.

I listen to Mike & Mike every morning and I've never though of them at pot-stirrers. It's the only national broadcast I can tolerate because of this.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Don't care for either of them and put little to no stock in anything they say. I think we beat AZ both games this year possibly sweep San Fran and split with Seattle,thats 5 wins alone

fearsomefour

Legend
Greenberg Rams go 7-9
Golic Rams go 4-12

Most reporters just go off of last year....and usually you will do fine this way. Umm, Patriots will win the AFC East, Broncos the AFC West, Packers the NFC Central, Saints the NFC South...,I know Carolina last year, just saying.
Rams have pieces and would be getting a lot more love if they were in another division. I am excited about the potential of this O line, but, they have to be on the field together before they challenge SF for having the best line.
Packers vs Seahawks in a couple of days is an interesting first game. With Arizona vs. SD the Rams could end week 1 at least tied for first in the division.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Most reporters just go off of last year....and usually you will do fine this way. Umm, Patriots will win the AFC East, Broncos the AFC West, Packers the NFC Central, Saints the NFC South...,I know Carolina last year, just saying.
Rams have pieces and would be getting a lot more love if they were in another division. I am excited about the potential of this O line, but, they have to be on the field together before they challenge SF for having the best line.
Packers vs Seahawks in a couple of days is an interesting first game. With Arizona vs. SD the Rams could end week 1 at least tied for first in the division.

You're almost right. Don't forget that everybody always has the same up-and-coming sleeper team to pump up as if they're completely oblivious that said team is being pumped up as a sleeper. :ROFLMAO: