Mike and Mike and Mike (Holmgren)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
[rp3]http://cdn16.castfire.com/audio/303/2117/7825/974749/audiomikeandmike_2012-05-09-093149-6701-0-0-0.48.mp3[/rp3]

I can't get a read on this guy. In THIS interview, he says that they made a trade offer for RGIII with the Rams, and they "went as far as they would go", and then goes on to say that the Redskins came in with a blockbuster offer and they didn't get him. This contradicts him saying that their offer was "every bit as good" as Washington's. I wish somebody would release exactly what their offer was, but it's not gonna happen.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
I really don't care about the Walrus whining. But I am curious about how the Rams viewed their draft in terms of who was their guy.

If Blackmon was their guy, then they weren't willing to do what the Brown's did to ensure getting him. They were gonna sit at 6 for him, and be prepared for him not to be there.

That's fine. But they better be right about Brockers, because they could have given themselves a lot better shot at Cox by trading up from 14.

If Cox turns into a Kevin Williams and Brockers turns into a Tyson Jackson that will be a huge black eye for Snead.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
max said:
I really don't care about the Walrus whining. But I am curious about how the Rams viewed their draft in terms of who was their guy.

If Blackmon was their guy, then they weren't willing to do what the Brown's did to ensure getting him. They were gonna sit at 6 for him, and be prepared for him not to be there.

That's fine. But they better be right about Brockers, because they could have given themselves a lot better shot at Cox by trading up from 14.

If Cox turns into a Kevin Williams and Brockers turns into a Tyson Jackson that will be a huge black eye for Snead.
Brockers was a highly coveted player by them well before the draft. It was rumored that they were afraid he would be gone by the time they picked at #6. That's how highly they thought of him. They had Brockers rated ahead of Cox, and Blackmon rated ahead of Brockers from what I've read. But they had Quick rated higher than any receiver not named Blackmon, so it all worked out for them. That's the way they wanted it, and their plan B worked as well as they expected it to by picking up an additional 2nd rounder. Again, that's just going off of what I've read.