Michael Vick: 'I revolutionized' the game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
He did! No question about it. I remember that playoff game where he single handedly wooped our keesters. Chicago was ready for him the next week, though. I love Mike Vick. He's what the SeaHooks and Cryners hope to have in a QB. Only 1 MJ, and only one Mike Vick. Too bad he spent his prime in the penetentary, my Mom hates him lol.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
"Talk about the past when the future dries up" Bono...I guess Bono is a prophet!

moklerman

Warner-phile
He did! No question about it. I remember that playoff game where he single handedly wooped our keesters. Chicago was ready for him the next week, though. I love Mike Vick. He's what the SeaHooks and Cryners hope to have in a QB. Only 1 MJ, and only one Mike Vick. Too bad he spent his prime in the penetentary, my Mom hates him lol.
I think the Seahawks are quite happy with Russel Wilson and wouldn't trade him for Vick in his prime even if they had the chance.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I think the Seahawks are quite happy with Russel Wilson and wouldn't trade him for Vick in his prime even if they had the chance.

Well I'm a fan, not a GM. So from a fan perspective, I think the the case you make is nuts. Yep, Vick in his prime makes Wison look very pedestrian. However, no way in heck do I want to fire off a Wilson Vs. Vick thread. I loathe Wilson, he's supremely overrated. Vick had Warrick Dunn and the ATL OL. Wilson had Lynch and one of the best defenses ever assembled. Wilson in 13-14 is a school girl compared Vick in his prime. So yeah...

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
Vick...one of the few players in recent memory to make a comeback after a stint in federal prison

moklerman

Warner-phile
Well I'm a fan, not a GM. So from a fan perspective, I think the the case you make is nuts. Yep, Vick in his prime makes Wison look very pedestrian. However, no way in heck do I want to fire off a Wilson Vs. Vick thread. I loathe Wilson, he's supremely overrated. Vick had Warrick Dunn and the ATL OL. Wilson had Lynch and one of the best defenses ever assembled. Wilson in 13-14 is a school girl compared Vick in his prime. So yeah...
In his first two years in the league, Wilson has 7,503 total yards(6,475 pass/1,028 rush) and 57 TD(52 pass/5 rush).

In Vick's best back to back years ('05/'06) he had 6,522 total yards (4,886 pass/1,636 rush) and 43 TD(35 pass/8 rush).

That's 1,000 more total yards and 14 more TD's for Wilson. And he's only played 2 years. And he's a LOT more accurate. AND he doesn't turn the ball over nearly as much as Vick.

I'm not really sure what you're basing your opinion on.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
In his first two years in the league, Wilson has 7,503 total yards(6,475 pass/1,028 rush) and 57 TD(52 pass/5 rush).

In Vick's best back to back years ('05/'06) he had 6,522 total yards (4,886 pass/1,636 rush) and 43 TD(35 pass/8 rush).

That's 1,000 more total yards and 14 more TD's for Wilson. And he's only played 2 years. And he's a LOT more accurate. AND he doesn't turn the ball over nearly as much as Vick.

I'm not really sure what you're basing your opinion on.

Yeah, I couldn't read that garbage. It's eyes pollution...

Vick in his prime makes Wilson makes Wilson look that girl on "Honey Boo-Boo." Yeah, it's that rediculous. I swear it's the same guys every time. Lol! Don't worry, though, I love the blocking feature. I haven't heard from that other guy sense. Bye Mok!

moklerman

Warner-phile
Yeah, I couldn't read that garbage. It's eyes pollution...

Vick in his prime makes Wilson makes Wilson look that girl on "Honey Boo-Boo." Yeah, it's that rediculous. I swear it's the same guys every time. Lol! Don't worry, though, I love the blocking feature. I haven't heard from that other guy sense. Bye Mok!
Sorry to upset you so much with facts. Is it really that much trouble to read 4 lines?

lockdnram21

Legend
He did revolutionize the game,
before Vick me and my boys only used dachshunds in the ring, after Vick we switch to pit bulls. Man did that ramp up the fun....wait he means the NFL....

people act like he invented dog fighting. im not saying he was right but people put to much on that

moklerman

Warner-phile
people act like he invented dog fighting. im not saying he was right but people put to much on that
So where's the line for cruelty to animals? He wasn't just caught placing wagers on an illegal sport, he tortured dogs(to death if I remember correctly). Truly monstrous things that IMO are unforgivable.

lockdnram21

Legend
So where's the line for cruelty to animals? He wasn't just caught placing wagers on an illegal sport, he tortured dogs(to death if I remember correctly). Truly monstrous things that IMO are unforgivable.
im sorry but i dont look at it as that big of a deal

moklerman

Warner-phile
im sorry but i dont look at it as that big of a deal
You see a lot of people picking dogs up and slamming to the ground until they're dead? Sounds like a fun game to play before Thanksgiving dinner. How about throwing a cat against the wall to see who gets the biggest blood spatter. They're only animals after all.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder

I owned a English Bulldog up until 3 months ago when he up and passed away, but his history is back in London when bulls would get loose they'd send those dogs to corner them in alleys and bite that ring on their nose to keep them occupied while a bunch of old English fellows can throw ropes around it and subdue it

They also used those dogs in similar dog fights that Vick put on, but it was outlawed and the bred out all the traits that made the dog so fierce, and after 100 years has transformed it into the cuddle wrinkled dog I had for years.

My dog slept all day and couldn't jump, and he was not too bright

Anyway dogs are pretty great companions.

Chickens, now those are some dirty creatures and I'll gladly eat whatever falls in the ring. Now have you the movie Cockfighter? With Warren Oates and directed by the great Monte Hellman? That's a great movie

But dogs. No. No forgiveness from American society, it's just not right

(I edited out the trailer cause it's pretty hardcore , I forgot)

Last edited:

A55VA6

Legend
I agree with Vick. Growing up watching him do what he did was something else. I was a huge fan.