Michael Silver tweets on Fish & Goff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Silver is the best in the business. I'd believe him over anyone else

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And that's that. There isn't a guy in the media who is closer to Fisher than Silver.

HellRam

Starter
Ehhh.. the Rams drafted Goff, what else if Fisher gonna say.

Fisher also told the media Bradford is our starting QB. Not that I'm doubting Silver on this... it just is what it is. Coaches don't treat the media like it's confession.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
You'd even believe him over Keyshawn Johnson? Tell me it isn't so.

:LOL:

That was a random one. When did Keyshawn Johnson become anything other than a former, above average WR?

It seems anyone these days can refer to a source and then make anything up without consequence.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
:LOL:

That was a random one. When did Keyshawn Johnson become anything other than a former, above average WR?

It seems anyone these days can refer to a source and then make anything up without consequence.

Nice Avatar and "quote" GO EDDIE!!!!

"Water, Water everywhere, nor any drop to drink..." \m/

Psycho_X

Legend
Yeah I didn't believe Fisher was forced to do anything. Now maybe whoever Meshawn's source in the Rams is was in a room and heard Fisher say something like "Stan really likes the idea of making a splash and trading up to get Goff" and they just assumed it meant Stan was making him or some other random second hand discussion. But I don't believe at all that Fisher was forced to do anything. This is his team and he'll ride it to the finish line one way or another.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim

Fisher also told the media Bradford is our starting QB. Not that I'm doubting Silver on this... it just is what it is. Coaches don't treat the media like it's confession.
Fisher isn't saying it, Silver is

BadCompany

Rookie
I don't doubt that Fisher believes he's doing what's best for Goff. My issue is that I think he's stuck in the 90s. His methods for handling a rookie QB are outdated imo.

I don't know if this is true or not; if Goff isn't ready, he just isn't ready. No amount of forcing him to be ready will make it so. Again, I don't know if that's true or not, but because I don't know I'm willing to give Fisher a pass on this one (no pun intended). Most of the camp reports said Goff didn't look so hot, so it would make sense.

Where I struggle to understand Fisher is in the treatment of Mannion. They used a 3rd round pick on the guy, when many thought he was a 5th or even 6th rounder. But now they refuse to play him, and in fact plan on moving him back to the inactive list. So what does THAT mean?

• They believed in the guy when they drafted him, but realize a year later that they blew the pick?
  • They haven't been able to develop him, despite having over a year to do so?
  • They never liked him in the first place, but seeing as there was a lot of pressure that draft to take a QB they felt obliged to do so.
None of those options reflect well on Fisher or Snead. And in fact, all three of them could be applied to Goff as well, with disturbing implications for the future.

Start Mannion I say. That will say a lot about Fisher's ability to recognize, cultivate, and use QB talent. I don't expect Mannion to be a star, but geez, compared to Keenum or Foles from last year... you would have to think that a 3rd round pick would be better than those guys, right?

Right??

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I guess once the contract extension is formally announced, then Fisher will play Goff...My heart can take much more.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member

If it was JT or Vinny or anybody else yes, Fisher and Silver have a personal friendship and Fisher seems to know that Silver isn't going to report something that Fisher doesn't want reported early. The only media guy really worth trusting to report what Fisher feels is Silver IMO.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
I'm a Silver hater because he is a 100% pro-Whiner douche at his core, which means he will always be more about fiction than reality. It should also be disclosed that Silver is a Cal alum and has a huge pro-Goff agenda. But there is no denying he has a close relationship with Fisher. Taken together I would say Silver is reliable here, but "trust" is going way too far as his accurate reporting here likely contains elements of fantasy media storylines (e.g. the concept of Fisher playing the martyr is patently ridiculous).

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Here, let's settle it: Jeff Fisher was forced to draft Goff ... by Jeff Fisher.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't know if this is true or not; if Goff isn't ready, he just isn't ready. No amount of forcing him to be ready will make it so. Again, I don't know if that's true or not, but because I don't know I'm willing to give Fisher a pass on this one (no pun intended). Most of the camp reports said Goff didn't look so hot, so it would make sense.

Where I struggle to understand Fisher is in the treatment of Mannion. They used a 3rd round pick on the guy, when many thought he was a 5th or even 6th rounder. But now they refuse to play him, and in fact plan on moving him back to the inactive list. So what does THAT mean?

• They believed in the guy when they drafted him, but realize a year later that they blew the pick?
  • They haven't been able to develop him, despite having over a year to do so?
  • They never liked him in the first place, but seeing as there was a lot of pressure that draft to take a QB they felt obliged to do so.
None of those options reflect well on Fisher or Snead. And in fact, all three of them could be applied to Goff as well, with disturbing implications for the future.

Start Mannion I say. That will say a lot about Fisher's ability to recognize, cultivate, and use QB talent. I don't expect Mannion to be a star, but geez, compared to Keenum or Foles from last year... you would have to think that a 3rd round pick would be better than those guys, right?

Right??

I'm not a huge fan of Mannion, so I'm probably the wrong audience for this argument.

As for Goff, I think the way he was handled likely played into his lack of readiness.(if he isn't ready to play)

Most teams simplify the scheme and the playbook to help their rookie QBs. I don't see any indication that Fisher did that.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Silver said he was quoting Fisher. He said it came from him.

Exactly. Silver's not a guy to put his reputation or career on the line by openly stating he was quoting somebody unless it was the absolute truth. He'd never get a scoop again if he did otherwise because nobody would talk to him.