Michael Sam (Yes or No?)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

smram

Rookie
Name
Steve
Too much attention for a 7th rounder at a position we are very deep at. Would he even dress on game day?

There's no way that the tenth dline man would dress. They didn't dress the ninth guy last year.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Why not trade or release Hayes and keep Sam? Hayes isn't going to develop any more and he costs a lot. I'd rather keep a guy that is only going to get better than a guy that has peaked, isn't a core player, and is expensive. Especially considering the fact that this team isn't ready to win the SB yet so they might as well keep developing players.

Hayes isnt even expensive. He took way less money to stay here and he dominates for us. Our best backup by a huge margin. Our d line would take a big hit if he left. Sam cant hold Hayes' jock strap.

V3

Hall of Fame
Why not release Hayes, who would start on a lot of nfl rosters? Are you kidding? For Michael Sam to play, over Hayes? No chance in hell that happens. Take that to the bank
I didn't say it would happen but people are thinking too short term. The Rams aren't winning the Super Bowl this year and probably not next year due to the QB situation. I'd rather keep talent that will help us more when the Rams finally are ready to make a run. What do you gain by keeping Hayes?

V3

Hall of Fame
Hayes isnt even expensive. He took way less money to stay here and he dominates for us. Our best backup by a huge margin. Our d line would take a big hit if he left. Sam cant hold Hayes' jock strap.
$3.9 million isn't that cheap for a backup and we aren't winning a SB this year so I'd rather get something for him while we're still rebuilding. By the time the Rams are ready to make a move, Sam will be much better than Hayes.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
I predicted it in the preseason and until proven otherwise, I think we may see Eugene Sims dealt for a day 3 pick or a player that can help us right now (LB, QB). It'd also free up cap room which we apparently don't have.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
$3.9 million isn't that cheap for a backup and we aren't winning a SB this year so I'd rather get something for him while we're still rebuilding. By the time the Rams are ready to make a move, Sam will be much better than Hayes.

True, Sam did dominate fourth quarter scrubs that are being released as we speak. Only thing that good for nothing Hayes has done is dominate first stringers during the regular season. I change my mind, Im with you 100%. <blue font>

bluecoconuts

Legend
"big fuss"? The only reason Westbrooks even gets mentioned is because of Sam.

Not really true, there's always a fuss about a long shot player to make the team. Last year it was that other DE, I forgot his name. There's always a low pick player that everyone talks about every year... maybe not so much the national media, but local media and definitely fans.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I thought he played very well. Fish has a tough decision on his hands with him and Westbrooks. And no, I'm not tired of hearing about him. I would be if he wasn't playing well, but he is. Hard working guy who wants to improve and does whatever is asked of him (including dropping weight)? Yes please.

Small anecdote here. During the Miami game, I saw him constantly stretching on the sidelines keeping limber, and he seemed to always be around coaches when not playing instead of hanging around teammates. Looked like he was soaking up information.

RamWoodie

Legend
In my mind if it comes to Westbrooks or Sam, Westbrooks is going to stay. He was the most consistent on the field and he's versatile DE or DT...I think that gives him the edge.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why not release Hayes, who would start on a lot of nfl rosters? Are you kidding? For Michael Sam to play, over Hayes? No chance in hell that happens. Take that to the bank
Sam over Hayes is crazy talk..That's insane, imo...Sam earned a right to play in the NFL, but that doesn't mean for the ST Louis Rams..Westbrooks should get the last spot.