Michael Sam on playing football: “I’m going to give it one more shot”

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...g-football-im-going-to-give-it-one-more-shot/

Michael Sam on playing football: “I’m going to give it one more shot”
Posted by Darin Gantt on January 27, 2016

We haven’t heard much from former Rams draft pick Michael Sam since he left the CFL under dubious circumstances last summer.

But the former Missouri defensive end apparently hopes to play again.

In response to a question on Twitter yesterday about continuing his playing career, Sam said “I’m going to give it one more shot.

It’s unclear if that’s a plan or a wish, as no one has documented interest in bringing him aboard.

When he left Montreal last year, he said it was because he wasn’t getting better as a player, and that his goal remained to work in the NFL. But other than a stint on the Cowboys practice squad after the Rams cut him in 2014, no one has volunteered to help his campaign to become the first openly gay active player in the NFL. A pedestrian workout at the NFL’s veteran combine last spring didn’t help, either.

And if he isn’t on a roster in the next few months, it’s hard to see where he might be taking that last shot.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Time for Michael Sam to go on Oprah and complain.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I bear him no ill will and was among his biggest supporters.

That said, you earn your spot on the field. And even when I agree that some of the stuff surrounding the draft was henkie, I still feel it's on Sam to overcome with grace and move on.

Announcements don't make a person anything. If they did I'd be announcing my admission to the Billionaire's Club.

As it turns out, I'm as much a Billionaire as Michael Sam is a football player at this point.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I bear him no ill will and was among his biggest supporters.

That said, you earn your spot on the field. And even when I agree that some of the stuff surrounding the draft was henkie, I still feel it's on Sam to overcome with grace and move on.

Announcements don't make a person anything. If they did I'd be announcing my admission to the Billionaire's Club.

As it turns out, I'm as much a Billionaire as Michael Sam is a football player at this point.

He really didn't announce anything. He was replying to someone on twitter and with what journalism is nowadays it turned into a story.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
He really didn't announce anything. He was replying to someone on twitter and with what journalism is nowadays it turned into a story.

The state of journalism these days makes me sad. They have almost all turned into click-whores and reporting as it was before has been trampled down and is almost totally dead now.

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
Okay now we're ready for him.

Attachments

• Circus-music.zip
    946.5 KB · Views: 122

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
When a player says he'll give it one more shot after the way he bowed out before, then I have to question his desire to play at the nfl level.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Saying that he would give it one more try is tantamount to an announcement. He always could have deferred or not responded. But he didn't. He stated that he was going to give football one more try which is new information.

Now we can quibble over whether this new info qualifies as an announcement or not, but the bottom line is that even his fans (of which I was one) have to question his dedication to football.

That was all I was saying.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Well yeah, the season is over Michael....next year i'm going to quit smoking.