Michael Sam jersey #2 behind only Manziel

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
LOVE THIS LOVE THIS LOVE THIS! Hope those turds in San Fran and Seattle enjoy half their stadium being in blue and gold!

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Even if the Rams had drafted ME, I'm not sure I'd want a jersey that has a number I wouldn't actually be wearing in games.

Is there a significance to the #10? Was he hugely inspired by Mike Sims-Walker?

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I might get a Michael Sam jersey just because I don't think he's going to be a Ram for long. Would be cool to have, especially if he becomes a big player somewhere else.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Even if the Rams had drafted ME, I'm not sure I'd want a jersey that has a number I wouldn't actually be wearing in games.

Is there a significance to the #10? Was he hugely inspired by Mike Sims-Walker?

He's not #10. He was just our 10th draft pick, so the jersey for now has the #10 placeholder. When the jerseys ship in a couple of weeks, they'll have Sam's real number on it.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
He's not #10. He was just our 10th draft pick, so the jersey for now has the #10 placeholder. When the jerseys ship in a couple of weeks, they'll have Sam's real number on it.
Ah, thanks.

I suppose it would take a lot more time to make thousands of jerseys than one (see another thread about that reference), and what you say makes sense.

I just wasn't sure where the 10 was coming from... but I suppose 7 (for 7th round) was out even as a placeholder, as the Rams have retired that number.

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
I have long said I would never own a jersey with anyone else's name on the back but my own, ( my current ones say Saint, Martin, SB99... )at any rate the wife and I are gettin Sam jerseys. Just a sign of support for a tremendously talented kid who's future was obviously impacted by his coming out.
He was a beast at Mizzou, and I'm hoping he's a beast for us too. Absolute steal in the 7th.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I have long said I would never own a jersey with anyone else's name on the back but my own, ( my current ones say Saint, Martin, SB99... )at any rate the wife and I are gettin Sam jerseys. Just a sign of support for a tremendously talented kid who's future was obviously impacted by his coming out.
He was a beast at Mizzou, and I'm hoping he's a beast for us too. Absolute steal in the 7th.
Where do you see him fitting in? Think he packs on weight to be a DE, or slims down to play LB?

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
Where do you see him fitting in? Think he packs on weight to be a DE, or slims down to play LB?
Neither honestly. I think they use him at DE in passing situations at his current weight. Not sure he has the frame to get bigger and just isn't fast enough for LB. The kid makes plays though.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I didn't read any of these posts (eye muscle issues lately) so forgive me if someone already said this but I'm wondering if the ROD is going to have a sudden influx of new posters because of drafting Sam. If he make the team of course.

Drafting him alone got one of my good Army buddies to switch over from being a Pats fan (he's from Boston) to a Rams fan, so there's at least one.(y)

If he starts posting here is another thing though.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Please NO to LB. I saw film of him trying to play that roll and it was butt ugly. He'll have to show out on ST to make the 53. I smell "Practice Team" for his immediate future.

ram29jackson

Rookie
LOL whats with this ? where did I say anything wrong ? I thought this site was above that sort of thing ?

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Any of you "out of market" guys catching shit yet for wearing your Ram's gear? The jokes are starting to fly and NFL terminology is making it too easy for some of these people. It will blow over by next season I'm sure.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I believe you are right, I read somewhere that it is #10 right now because he was the Rams 10th pick.

Also, just read a comment of someone who tried to order one, he said the Jersey will ship within 2-4 weeks after he has officially been assigned a number.

That's correct. I ordered a Tavon Austin jersey last year and it took almost a month to arrive because he hadn't been assigned his number.

Flipper_336

Starter
Name
Carl
I wonder if Manziel would be comfortable if he knew that Sam was right behind him...