Michael Sam doesn "look" thinner, but he

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Where in the world does that come from? Is that a personal observation on your part, or have you actually read something that directly attributes those comments to one of the coaches? Kind of "knows it all already"? WOW!

If anything, from what i have seen and heard, Michael Sam seems to be the epitome of ask and learn kind of rookie. Humble in his own talent evaluation, and all he has ever said, is he knows he has to work to make this team. He doesn't sound like a "I know it all already" rookie at all.

Yes, Coach O, I am not saying it's a major deal, not a deal-break by any means, but you know the type, just interjects little things when he could be listening. I have seen a tidbit of it and have heard a coach say it, but also same staffer said Sam is a 3-4 round talent, too. So, also same staffer said Westbrooks "gets it". I was just trying to distinguish the two, because both are good prospects and both would make most teams, in this case, though Rams are stacked at DEnd and any little thing would make a difference. I am not saying they said Sam has a bad attitude, far from it. . .just that one kid talks the other listens. Don't take it to mean the world, I didn't mean it that way

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Yes, Coach O, I am not saying it's a major deal, not a deal-break by any means, but you know the type, just interjects little things when he could be listening. I have seen a tidbit of it and have heard a coach say it, but also same staffer said Sam is a 3-4 round talent, too. So, also same staffer said Westbrooks "gets it". I was just trying to distinguish the two, because both are good prospects and both would make most teams, in this case, though Rams are stacked at DEnd and any little thing would make a difference. I am not saying they said Sam has a bad attitude, far from it. . .just that one kid talks the other listens. Don't take it to mean the world, I didn't mean it that way

Thanks for the clarification. Just don't see it the same way. I do see a kid who has been forced to deal with things that most in his position aren't exposed to. Of course, it was of his own doing (preemptive to it leaking anyway), so if he comes across in the media as someone who has something to say, I agree. But I have heard nothing from his teammates anything other than a guy who asks questions, and is hungry to learn from them. I just don't see a kid who talks first and doesn't listen.

Like I said, if you have knowledge of something different. I'm all ears.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
Thanks for the clarification. Just don't see it the same way. I do see a kid who has been forced to deal with things that most in his position aren't exposed to. Of course, it was of his own doing (preemptive to it leaking anyway), so if he comes across in the media as someone who has something to say, I agree. But I have heard nothing from his teammates anything other than a guy who asks questions, and is hungry to learn from them. I just don't see a kid who talks first and doesn't listen.

Like I said, if you have knowledge of something different. I'm all ears.
still not making the team...:whistle: