Michael Sam Discussion

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Again, I haven't been aggressive in my responses. I haven't pointed out individuals. All I've said is that it's disappointing to see the reactions from those who are saying to cut a player for doing a documentary that's not going to take place at Rams Park where it would directly affect the team.
And yet it did take place at Rams Park (today), and it is affecting the team. Burwell just put out a video wherein he stated that the Rams and OWN had many meetings, a few arguments, and a lot of discussion about their presence there. That's not a distraction? Didn't affect the team (Coaches and Team Executives are part of the team)? Helicopters over Rams Park during a practice isn't distracting? This is all anyone was really worried about. It had nothing to do with Michael Sam the individual, but instead had everything to do with the sideshow he brought with him (and he did, because he didn't tell anyone - including the Rams - that he had signed up for that).

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
And yet it did take place at Rams Park (today), and it is affecting the team. Burwell just put out a video wherein he stated that the Rams and OWN had many meetings, a few arguments, and a lot of discussion about their presence there. That's not a distraction? Didn't affect the team (Coaches and Team Executives are part of the team)? Helicopters over Rams Park during a practice isn't distracting? This is all anyone was really worried about. It had nothing to do with Michael Sam the individual, but instead had everything to do with the sideshow he brought with him (and he did, because he didn't tell anyone - including the Rams - that he had signed up for that).

There isn't the possibility that maybe Sam was telling the truth about wanting to focus on football? Maybe that his agents did this behind his back? And when he found out, he told them something along the lines of, "If you do this documentary, I will not hesitate to fire your asses?"

The OWN is a sideshow. Maybe it got nixed because Sam wanted no part of it? I may not be making much sense, but the point I'm trying to make is that we just don't know. Me personally? I'd rather wait until all of the facts are out, and I will judge after that.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
There isn't the possibility that maybe Sam was telling the truth about wanting to focus on football? Maybe that his agents did this behind his back? And when he found out, he told them something along the lines of, "If you do this documentary, I will not hesitate to fire your asses?"

The OWN is a sideshow. Maybe it got nixed because Sam wanted no part of it? I may not be making much sense, but the point I'm trying to make is that we just don't know. Me personally? I'd rather wait until all of the facts are out, and I will judge after that.
Sounds good to me. Because at this point ...

tumblr_ljq7sqDIVA1qafrh6.gif

I was super interested on getting an inside look on what all goes down but this is overall the best thing that could happen

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I was super interested on getting an inside look on what all goes down but this is overall the best thing that could happen
You were not going to get an inside look at what all goes down with Ram's camp with that documentary. Of course, you may now if Hard Knocks comes to town. :eek:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Is postponing reality show the right move for Michael Sam?
Published: May 16, 2014 at 08:35 p.m. | 15 Views

02:30 – Willie McGinest and Heath Evans debate whether or not St. Louis Rams defensive end Michael Sam made the right move by deciding to postpone production of his reality show.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
This is an example of the sort of thing I feared and expressed albeit not so sympathetically in another thread. The distraction could have affected the coaches and front office as well as players. This is an unusual situation and no one knows exactly how to act or respond.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen

02:30 – Willie McGinest and Heath Evans debate whether or not St. Louis Rams defensive end Michael Sam made the right move by deciding to postpone production of his reality show.

Say it ain't so! A distraction? Who'd have thought? I'm shocked!:eek:

bluecoconuts

Legend

Helicopters? That's too far, if they want to sit quietly and film from afar that's fine, if they're going to set up like they're in charge they can fuck off.

Glad it's being postponed. Best for everyone that way, especially Sam.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Helicopters? That's too far, if they want to sit quietly and film from afar that's fine, if they're going to set up like they're in charge they can freak off.

Glad it's being postponed. Best for everyone that way, especially Sam.
Helicopters were police. I guess they feel extra security is needed for some reason.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
As many here have said, I'm glad this new path has been chosen.

Time to focus on football.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Oprah Winfrey Network announce the documentary is being postponed.
And there is something I can get behind. Let the kid play football and even take some of his off field goings on. But he needs to concentrate on football IMO and if he could do that with the media running his show (make no mistake - that is exactly what they'd be doing) then he would be superhuman. Sam has a tough row to hoe as it is. Look at the players he has in front of him. Be that as what it is. He was damn good in college and likely worthy of a higher pick.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh

wow wow wow... Heath Evans really reemed Sam's representatives. I wonder where the truth lies?