Michael Oher waived

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
He is one of the few football players my wife knows by name due to the movie "Blind Side". Line men are hard to find so I'd sure take a close look. Lord knows we need the help. And, speaking perhaps for others as well, it would give my wife someone to cheer for on Sundays.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
If he wants to sign a prove it deal to come in and try to play guard, I'd be intrigued. He's not going to cut it at tackle.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
This^ doesn't instill Faith in our O-Line in Me!

Noregar

Starter
Name
Roger
The Rams under Fish and Coach Boo actually have a track record of bringing in underachieving offensive lineman that had been "run out of town" by their former teams. For the most part they actually attained some serviceable work out of guys like Barry Richardson, Chris Williams, and Wayne Hunter. Of course one reason the Rams line is in it's current unsettled state is because they have tried to band-aid the line with vet retreads. This approach may have allowed them to concentrate their draft in other places (aside from Robinson) but the time has come for the team to infuse some serious draft capital into the offensive line.

With that said, I do not think Oher is a worthwhile reclamation project. My impression is that Oher's dedication to the game is similar to Alex Barron's and Jason Smith's. I have been critical of Joseph's and Wells' performances in 2014 but they were high character vets that did come to play every Sunday, however I think they were just physically overmatched due to a serious decline in their physical capabilities (age & injuries).

Last edited:

Noregar

Starter
Name
Roger
Van Dyk is now with the Steelers

The Rams current stable of Developmental linemen include:
Barrett Jones C/G/T
Demetrius Rhaney C/G
Brandon Washington G
Travis Bond G/T
Steven Baker T

The only vets under contract are:
Jake Long (probable cap cut)
Scott Wells (probable cap cut)
Rodger Saffold
Greg Robinson

Free Agents:
Joe Barksdale
Mike Person
Davin Joseph
Tim Barnes

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
He was given every opportunity to play left tackle and has performed badly enough that Jared Gaither and Bryant McKinnie were moved to LT and he was shifted to RT.

Simba

Rookie
Didn't he win a SB with Ravens playing as a starter LT?I don't think he will accept to play a G just to the payment ...

A320driver

Rookie
Garbage in Garbage out.

your spot on, and what about Jones? 4th rounder who has absolutely done nothing to contribute, cant stay healthy,..and all he has done is waste a roster spot :confused:

its so hard to get a drafted rookie who can start day one, so why I think they always bring in journeyman who have skipped around the league on various practice squads.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
your spot on, and what about Jones? 4th rounder who has absolutely done nothing to contribute, cant stay healthy,..and all he has done is waste a roster spot :confused:

its so hard to get a drafted rookie who can start day one, so why I think they always bring in journeyman who have skipped around the league on various practice squads.
I liked the Jones pick but when the played a one armed man over him the last half the season Wow.

Greg Stone

Rookie

A little harsh. The Rams knew he'd be sitting out the first year due to a college injury, that's why he dropped to the 4th round. The back operation last year was a surprise. I believed that Jones was as close to a can't fail starting lineman as you could get in the draft. I'll still be surprised if he doesn't do well this coming season. If he gets injured again I'll have to go along with you.

Noregar

Starter
Name
Roger

That is definitely misleading, the way NFL.com and ESPN have it listed. These sites should do better job of policing themselves. If you do a search on the individual players, Williams and Smelly were the only ones actually signed by the Rams.

Van Dyk twitter page says he signed with the Steelers. https://twitter.com/mitch64psu
Hooey is with the jets. https://twitter.com/seanhooey
Pettis was signed by San Diego
Dill is with Dallas
Conrath is with the Steelers