Michael Oher waived

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
He wasn't good last year - but who on Tennessee was?

Let me ask it this way.

If you could have either Oher or Barksdale - at the same price - which one would you want?

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
He wasn't good last year - but who on Tennessee was?

Let me ask it this way.

If you could have either Oher or Barksdale - at the same price - which one would you want?

Easily Barksdale. He was terrible on Baltimore too. He hasn't been good in a long while.

And Lewan was really good last year. He was in the same situation Oher was, playing next to the same guys, at the same position. I just don't see how he's any good.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
He graded pretty poorly which is why he was released.

Sometimes it can be coaching... as in, some guys if you yell at them just shut down. It's nothing to do with money, it's just how we're all wired and just like there are different modalities for learning, there are different ways to motivate. Some take well to yelling and/or structure. Some need that quiet voice and correction. Some need positivity and reinforcement. There are multiple models and this wasn't by any means a comprehensive list.

I dunno what the model was in Tennessee, but it's part of why some guys who played so poorly in one spot get chances in another. The Pro Personnel people see the talent and either know the coaches or know OF the coaches and think maybe it's a question of "fit" or scheme.

I dunno of we should be interested.

The write ups out of Tennessee have been absolutely BRUTAL, but he had a biceps injury in preseason that he played through and then was finally put in IR with a toe injury after week 11.

So, I tend to think that an OT in the NFL with a biceps injury is going to have trouble locking on, extending and getting push (the biceps would be stabilizing the triceps which would be doing the actual contraction, but the triceps can't do it's job if the biceps is overly weak).

Does that mean we should pursue him? I dunno.

If he's willing to take a prove it deal once healed, I would at least sign him and invite him to camp as a backup. He's showed that he can play when healthy... maybe not at all-pro level, but solid.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Barks easily, not even a contest. Its like asking if you want a beat up jalopy or a Ferrari that runs slow because the wrong parts were put in it.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
isn't that the guy from the movie The Blind Side?

Yeah, he is...I don't know the realities of it, but he was portrayed in the movie as having the I.Q. of an over-ripened tomato that had been left to sit in the desert sun for about 2 weeks...

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
If it means I have a shot to bang Sandra Bullock than I'm in. Bring him aboard!!!

SandraBullockSexyBlackPhotoshoot500-1024.jpg

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
He was a first round pick. I know to some it doesn't mean much but to me it means he has potential. I would pick him up on a one year prove it deal. It worked with Kenny Brittish.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
Not sure if he could play guard. If he can, that's worth considering, but I'd rather sign a guard to play guard than a tackle to play guard.
true. but pickings could be slim real fast who knows how this all plays out and our FA Oline track record sucks. but if they're considering Long at guard IF he comes back then might as well try Oher too considering Saffold and Long are injury prone if we decide to keep one or both or even if barksdale leaves. maybe could bring him in and try him at right tackle. suppose to be easier than blindside in most cases. idk. I'm just not really thrilled about our prediciment going into the offseason