Michael Brockers Grade on the Rise For 3rd Straight Season/PFF

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
RAMS DT MICHAEL BROCKERS’ GRADE ON THE RISE FOR THIRD STRAIGHT SEASON

Michael-Brockers-300x282.png

After a career-low grade in 2013, Brockers has risen his overall PFF grade each of the past three seasons.

MIKE CAHILL

In 2016, Los Angeles Rams DT Michael Brockers was one-of-six interior defenders who played more than 400 snaps and did not miss a tackle.
Brockers’ 2016 run defense grade of 79.5 was 19th best among 117 interior defenders.

He also earned a 71.9 pass rush grade, which was ranked 35th out of 118 interior defenders.

Both of Brockers’ two highest graded seasons have come during years in which he logged the two lowest total snaps so far during his career.

After a career-low grade in 2013, he has risen his overall PFF grade each of the past three seasons.

brockers.png

[www.profootballfocus.com]

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Michael Brockers is one of my favorite players on the Rams because when he's out the Ram defense just is not the same. Brockers a big DT and I loved him at LSU because you could not run on Big Mike and IMHO, he's been a vital cog of why this defense is considered in the upper echelon of the NFL. Now most likely will be playing some NT, which he did at LSU, but in a 5-2 alignment, so I'm anxious to see if they have him on the nose of manning the nose or defensive end position.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
BIg MB fan here. FIrst let me say that the result performances seen on the field by Donald come from the HD dirty lifting done by MB. Together these two work great together and has done so since early 2014. I was down on MB late last season when I was of the opinion that his effort & production was weak but the fact he was playing with no outside pass rush plus his back up was far below average making his already heavy work load that much harder.

Currently I see where this Ram Administration has done its homework in the off season and appears to have corraled some good back up prospects like Walker, Purcell and some other rookies who have the ability to play the Nose. I still believe that MB would make a outstanding 5 tech 34 defensive end with Wade's defense.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
RAMS DT MICHAEL BROCKERS’ GRADE ON THE RISE FOR THIRD STRAIGHT SEASON

Michael-Brockers-300x282.png

After a career-low grade in 2013, Brockers has risen his overall PFF grade each of the past three seasons.

MIKE CAHILL

In 2016, Los Angeles Rams DT Michael Brockers was one-of-six interior defenders who played more than 400 snaps and did not miss a tackle.
Brockers’ 2016 run defense grade of 79.5 was 19th best among 117 interior defenders.

He also earned a 71.9 pass rush grade, which was ranked 35th out of 118 interior defenders.

Both of Brockers’ two highest graded seasons have come during years in which he logged the two lowest total snaps so far during his career.

After a career-low grade in 2013, he has risen his overall PFF grade each of the past three seasons.

brockers.png

[www.profootballfocus.com]
I believe, at the rate Brockers is going, he could end up on the list of the Top 10 Rams OG's of all time. And that is an Elite Class!!(y):D

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Big Mike doesn't get the recognition he deserves. He's been the rock of the DL. Wade will love him.

tempests

Hall of Fame
Strange they gave him his highest grade as a rookie. IIRC he was playing through a high ankle sprain and wasn't as effective.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Now most likely will be playing some NT, which he did at LSU, but in a 5-2 alignment, so I'm anxious to see if they have him on the nose of manning the nose or defensive end position.
I hope he gets a shot at DE when we're lined up with Walker/Donald-Smart-Brockers in obvious run downs...I think his push on passing downs is pretty damn good too.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Michael Brockers is my favorite player on this team. He's so good at what he does, and he switched to nose tackle without complaint when Donald emerged.

Hopefully he gets to showcase his pass-rushing ability with Wade's system.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
And Donald, Jenkins, Johnson, Ogletree, Austin, Gurley, Goff, Hekker (udfa), Zurlein, Joyner, Gaines, Alexander, etc...

I think those picks were Snead as well, so give him credit as well.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Not taking anything at all away from Brockers...but i'd have to believe that Donald's presence has helped his effectiveness quite a bit.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yeah... count me in as a big Brockers fan. I thought it was a bit of a reach at the time but he soon won me over. Talent and hard work will do that.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not taking anything at all away from Brockers...but i'd have to believe that Donald's presence has helped his effectiveness quite a bit.
Actually I think it's the opposite. Not saying Donald wouldn't still be dominant but Brockers had to sacrifice a lot when it came to rushing the passer so that he can take those double teams to help free up Donald

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
They're a great set, Like Merlin Olsen and Rosie Grier!(y);):D

Last edited:

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Actually I think it's the opposite. Not saying Donald wouldn't still be dominant but Brockers had to sacrifice a lot when it came to rushing the passer so that he can take those double teams to help free up Donald
I think it's fair to say they complement each other statistically, however we need to do a more consistent job in containing the run overall as a team.