Micah Kiser on the Jim Rome Show today coming up 3rd hour

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rome radio show giving Micah some national attention and also the Rams!
I think he said coming up in the third hour.

jjab360

Legend
DPOW in only his second start followed by a national interview? Might have a new star on our hands, fellas

RamsSince1969

Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Here is a link to the podcast. Well done Micah!

TexasRam

Legend
Sorry still not watching Rome because of his Dick move on Everett. Unless someone can show me he apologized and recognized what a spoiled little punk he was.

Flint

Pro Bowler
I’m not listening cuz it stinks, it’s like a bunch of 8 year olds insulting each other on the playground, but Rome is laughing all the way to the bank.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
DPOW in only his second start followed by a national interview? Might have a new star on our hands, fellas

If so it’s the star this defense needed. Every great defense has a stud at each level. DL,LB,DB. The unclear picture at LBer is why I predicted the D will not be as good as we hoped. Keiser is clearing that up.

Ram65

Legend
I'm not a fan of Rome. It was a good listen. Kiser seems like a sharp guy who gets what it takes to be a pro. Good luck, as the Rams need him to keep stepping up.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I can understand why the Rams like Micah Kiser so much, articulate, humble and all about the team, very nice as the UVA education came shining through. Really liked Kiser at Virginia and it appears they were not wrong about him.

Rome also mentioned Kenny Young and Kiser conversed about their chemistry and that the ILB was in question and they have worked diligently at those positions. Overall, nice and Kiser needs to bring the wood to Josh Allen on Sunday because someone needs to knock the hell out of him so he thinks twice about running all over the place.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
You might not like Jim Rome as a person but he’s the best in the business when it comes to interviews. Really good stuff. Micah made that easy for Jim as well. The guy has a great head on his shoulders and we’re lucky to have him.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I can understand why the Rams like Micah Kiser so much, articulate, humble and all about the team, very nice as the UVA education came shining through. Really liked Kiser at Virginia and it appears they were not wrong about him.

Rome also mentioned Kenny Young and Kiser conversed about their chemistry and that the ILB was in question and they have worked diligently at those positions. Overall, nice and Kiser needs to bring the wood to Josh Allen on Sunday because someone needs to knock the hell out of him so he thinks twice about running all over the place.

First half K. Young looked like CRAP
He made 2 really nice plays in the 2nd half that were sort of game changing.

First half #32 Fuller was making all the tackles.

Season is still young,but Kiser winning D”Player of the week is huge.

I was always a Kiser fan from the Draft.What a steal imo by McSnead.Watching training camp he is the same player. He gets out on the flat late & is a little short armed in coverage.
He is a excellent MLB playing the run,but needs to get into the flow.He is not a rotational type & looked good calling out the defense. I’m not sure he has the head set,but gets into a good feel of the game.
I like the way The Rams defensive players are wrapping up.

Last edited:

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Sorry still not watching Rome because of his Dick move on Everett. Unless someone can show me he apologized and recognized what a spoiled little punk he was.
I don't have a link, but have listened to Rome talk about the incident with Everett.
He basically said he blew it and that Everett could have killed him if he wanted to.

Aside from the childish nonsense on the Rome show, He really is one of the best interviewers there is.

I haven't listened to the Rome show in years, but the guys has some talent.

RamsSince1969

Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't have a link, but have listened to Rome talk about the incident with Everett.
He basically said he blew it and that Everett could have killed him if he wanted to.

Aside from the childish nonsense on the Rome show, He really is one of the best interviewers there is.

I haven't listened to the Rome show in years, but the guys has some talent.
I met Jim Rome in person at a taping of the show "Rome is Burning" in Westlake Village, CA where it was taped and afterward he engaged me because I was wearing a UCSB shirt. "Hey Goucho Dad!" he says and we talked for a minute, but he was very approachable and a real gentleman. And genuine in regards to hearing what you have to say, it wasn't all about him. I walked away kinda stunned. Really nice guy. On the flip side, based on his past, I can see why Rome is a guy you can love to hate.
Rome has moved away from the "shock jock" persona and is aware that he doesn't have to be an insulting knucklehead to be successful. That Jim Everett moment was 26 years ago now, but, I remember when it happened, all of America was so proud of Jim Everett for sticking up for himself.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I met Jim Rome in person at a taping of the show "Rome is Burning" in Westlake Village, CA where it was taped and afterward he engaged me because I was wearing a UCSB shirt. "Hey Goucho Dad!" he says and we talked for a minute, but he was very approachable and a real gentleman. And genuine in regards to hearing what you have to say, it wasn't all about him. I walked away kinda stunned. Really nice guy. On the flip side, based on his past, I can see why Rome is a guy you can love to hate.
Rome has moved away from the "shock jock" persona and is aware that he doesn't have to be an insulting knucklehead to be successful. That Jim Everett moment was 26 years ago now, but, I remember when it happened, all of America was so proud of Jim Everett for sticking up for himself.
Funny you use the term shock jock. He's exactly that, the sports version of Howard Stern, and obviously PG. He knows what sells and what gets ratings. Some people can handle that some can't.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Funny you use the term shock jock. He's exactly that, the sports version of Howard Stern, and obviously PG. He knows what sells and what gets ratings. Some people can handle that some can't.

I remember when he was late night on 690. I called up to go to Vegas with him. I would have won,but hung up the phone. I could hear him on the radio delayed & had to go with this other guy I don’t think he was excited about. It was for a fight to Vegas & it was a tight budget back then.

He is a Big Nacho fan.Worjed his way up from the ground floor. He has been really disciplined over his career.

I liked the interview with Kiser a lot.He is big in the Horse Game so SOFI is a special place with such Great History!! Go Beach!!

RamsSince1969

Rams On Demand Sponsor
I remember when he was late night on 690. I called up to go to Vegas with him. I would have won,but hung up the phone. I could hear him on the radio delayed & had to go with this other guy I don’t think he was excited about. It was for a fight to Vegas & it was a tight budget back then.

He is a Big Nacho fan.Worjed his way up from the ground floor. He has been really disciplined over his career.

I liked the interview with Kiser a lot.He is big in the Horse Game so SOFI is a special place with such Great History!! Go Beach!!
I met a man on a work assignment in Santa Barbara who mentioned Rome and we started talking. He won a trip with Rome to the baseball allstar game being held in Houston at the Astrodome. This must have been when Rome was still at UCSB or maybe just out of college. The man said Rome was completely focused on the task at hand and did not party at the motel and was most concerned about making a good impression on Vin Scully.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Nice interview. I've long since forgiven Rome. If I can forgive Everett for that mistake he made vs the whiners, I can forgive Rome for that mistake he did on air (yes he later apologized on camera). As a frequent gym goer I love Rome's Gym Guy rant on youtube. I also laugh out loud at the dubbed in bitch screams for help during another upload of the on-air takedown. Rome had some nice segments on the Rams during 2018. I also enjoy seeing Everett and other former Rams on the few times I visit twitter. So yeah, no feelings hurt either way.

Somewhat related to the incident: back in 1995 when the Rams first acquired QB Chris Miller, a very good Oregon QB and potentially good NFL QB who was with a bad Falcon team, in one of his earliest interviews the reporter mentioned You Can Call him Chris and he went along with the gag and replied "Yes, you can call me Chris."

Back to the Kiser subject, looking forward to seeing more excellent LB play today.