Miami may still fire Philbin

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora passes along buzz that "some teams" think the Dolphins may still fire coach Joe Philbin and replace him with Seahawks DC Dan Quinn.

New Dolphins football czar Mike Tannenbaum was Quinn's agent before taking the job with Miami and had to pass Quinn off to a client at Priority Sports agency. The connection is there. Per La Canfora, opposing teams think there's a chance Tannenbaum will can Philbin in favor of Quinn if Quinn doesn't get a head-coaching job before the Super Bowl. We'd support this move from Miami.
-Rotoworld

If he is let go he would intrigue me as an OC for the Rams.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
If he is let go he would intrigue me as an OC for the Rams.

Yeah he had a lot more success with Tannehill than I expected and was there in the development of Rogers, I'd be OK with it.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lol. I just said something about this in another thread. Thought I might have come up with a scoop. Haha
There is a connection between Tannebaum and Quinn. Most GM get choice of their HC so if Quinn's available this may not be such a stretch.
Philbin as OC in St Louis? Heck yeah

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Everybody Loves Dan Quinn I guess Gus Bradley should have waited a year or two.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Florio must have read this thread. Notice the troll remark. :snicker:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/14/philbin-is-still-safe-for-2015/

Philbin is (still) safe for 2015
Posted by Mike Florio on January 14, 2015

philbin1.jpg
AP

Those inclined to connect dots and/or read tea leaves and/or flat-out speculate and/or troll for clicks (I resemble those remarks) are suggesting that, once Mike Tannenbaum reports for work as the new executive V.P. of football operations with the Dolphins, he’ll possibly fire coach Joe Philbin.

And possibly replace him with Seahawks defensive coordinator Dan Quinn.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, Philbin is safe for 2015, at a minimum. Our good friend Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald has said the same thing on Twitter: “Friends, [owner] Steve Ross endorsed Joe Philbin publicly. Philbin getting an extension as I reported. He will be the HC in 2015. Move. On.”

Armando is right. And anyone suggesting otherwise is wrong. Philbin will be back in 2015, barring something incredibly unforeseen and/or flat-out, bald-faced lying from the people who know what’s going on in Miami.