Miami Dolphins Shopping Dion Jordan, Mike Wallace, And Cam Wake

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsFan14

Starter
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer...ns-shopping-2013-first-round-pick-dion-jordan

Very interesting... Mike Wallace does have a big contract... But he would give the offense a really big down the field threat and that #1 WR we've been seeking for awhile (someone fairly proven)! Wallace does compare to Givens with there speed similarities, but Wallace has been able to do more throughout his career then Givens. Not sure what the huge difference between the two are, but Wallace does make more plays. He COULD be an option, the Rams were interested in him last year (from what I heard. Very quite for awhile, but reports later came out saying we made a push for him. Not sure if true, just throwing out what I heard)

Thoughts guys?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No. We'd have to pay Wallace $15 million in 2014.

RamsFan14

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I agree, he is expensive. There is one thing that bugs me tho about the playmaker situation. Maybe it's just time to get a proven commodity rather then keep drafting college players and hoping they'd be good for us, ya know? Maybe Wallace being a Ram will put the pressure on Bradford to become a great QB in this league, rather then hope Bradford can elevate the young guys all the time. We don't have a proven commodity at all... Jared Cook is the closest thing to proven as we have, and he was brought in here more so based on talent then his track record.

See what I mean? Wallace is pretty expensive tho I totally agree... Anyway the two sides can workout some money exchange or anything? We'd have to pass on Saffold most likely, which is fine with me. I'd be fine using one of our top picks on an OL (haha don't know about Fisher tho).

Also note, the salary cap increase is expected to go up quite a bit over the next 2 or 3 years, so maybe this deal could work... Proven commodity might not be a bad idea for this team. That's why I'd be for this move.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree, he is expensive. There is one thing that bugs me tho about the playmaker situation. Maybe it's just time to get a proven commodity rather then keep drafting college players and hoping they'd be good for us, ya know? Maybe Wallace being a Ram will put the pressure on Bradford to become a great QB in this league, rather then hope Bradford can elevate the young guys all the time. We don't have a proven commodity at all... Jared Cook is the closest thing to proven as we have, and he was brought in here more so based on talent then his track record.

See what I mean? Wallace is pretty expensive tho I totally agree... Anyway the two sides can workout some money exchange or anything? We'd have to pass on Saffold most likely, which is fine with me. I'd be fine using one of our top picks on an OL (haha don't know about Fisher tho).

Also note, the salary cap increase is expected to go up quite a bit over the next 2 or 3 years, so maybe this deal could work... Proven commodity might not be a bad idea for this team. That's why I'd be for this move.

Not worth it. $15 million is a ridiculous figure for Wallace. If we want a veteran WR, that are better guys to pursue in FA and through trade.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
Honestly I'd rather take Watkins at #2 and not trade at all rather than sign Wallace and that dumb contract. You guys think Sam has a huge contract! Geez this guy...

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

They moved up to take Jordan and now want to trade him after one season? What's wrong with that team?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
It took them a year to realize they overpaid for Wallace?

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
We already have a one trick pony and he doesnt cost 15 million.

Being they can't overcome the Patsies as is, they may as well try to build for the future. I wouldn't trade Wake, though. They have a hard enough time stopping Brady.

Last edited:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...nterest-in-trading-jordan-wallace-andor-wake/

Dolphins deny interest in trading Jordan, Wallace, and/or Wake
Posted by Mike Florio on February 28, 2014

On Friday, Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports reported that the Dolphins have begun shopping defensive end Dion Jordan, the third overall pick in the 2013 draft.

La Canfora also reported that other teams believe the Dolphins may be open to trading receiver Mike Wallace and defensive end Cameron Wake.

The Dolphins deny the report(s). Strongly. Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald says that a team source has characterized each and every prong of the report as “false.”

“So what we have here is an issue of credibility and integrity,” Salguero writes. “Do you believe CBSSports.com? Or do you believe the Miami Dolphins? I know my source. I’m going with the Dolphins.”

Last week, at about this same time, we criticized the 49ers for calling our report of the potential trade of coach Jim Harbaugh to the Browns “completely false” and “ridiculous” not by saying so directly but by leaking the news via unnamed teams sources to a media outlet the 49ers partially own. (As we’ve since learned, the report was hardly “completely false” or “ridiculous.”)

But it’s one thing for a team to feed an off-the-record denial to the house band; it’s quite another for the Dolphins to undermine their relationship with an independent local media outlet by hanging Salguero out to dry by giving him blatantly false information.

And, yes, I’m still a little salty about what happened last Friday. How could you tell?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Why Wake? He is their best defensive player. I go with Dlorio on this one. Not true.

But if the paycheck was not so big, one could dream about Wallace. Fisher did have interest in him last year, IIRC.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Sorry. That contract and a guy who has topped 1000 yards twice in five years? Pass. I'd also rather they take Watkins if they value any one player with whom they've had no experience. I said at the time the phins would never get value out of that contract. You always have to look at who benefitted who when you are looking at FAs.

RamsFan14

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yea that trade would be a bit silly, when you think about it. Good call guys.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
If you want a home run treat that bad to pay 15 mil for him then save you some $$$ and just select Sammy Watkins...you get a better all around threat with the Rookie Watkins. I would not touch WR Wallace even if he was quarter of that price.

fearsomefour

Legend
We already have a smaller version of Wallace in Givens. Wallace only wants to run vert routes and has shaky hands at best.
One diminsional receivers (unless they are Randy Moss) have limited interest to me.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
We already have a smaller version of Wallace in Givens. Wallace only wants to run vert routes and has shaky hands at best.
One diminsional receivers (unless they are Randy Moss) have limited interest to me.
Givens maybe an inch shorter but he's not smaller. Wallace is a bit faster. But the guy really benefitted from a good situation in Pittsburg and I don't think any of his skills really benefit us enough to take on anywhere near that salary.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Tell you what: I'd love to give up a second or a third round pick for Dion Jordan. He could be a huge upgrade at strongside linebacker and be yet another toy for Gregg Williams to play with. He was compared to Jason Taylor and Julian Peterson (to name two examples) in his draft year. The Dolphins are an extremely dysfunctional team, and Joe Philbin not only wouldn't give Jordan any playing time, but asked him to play out of position as well (this is a guy who Chip Kelly asked to cover slot receivers and tight ends - and did that very well - and Philbin's asking him to play right defensive end?)

Could care less about Wallace and Wake at their salaries.