Meteor explodes over Russia injures over 500 with sonic Boom

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

biggame1190

Starter
Name
CB
Meteor plummeting down
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXT_B4kx6YA[/youtube]

Sonic boom causing earth quake shakes, windows/glass to shatter, car alarms to jump on, etc
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtOL5OiWTNI[/youtube]

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Re: Meteor explodes over Russia injures over 500 with sonic

That was wicked stuff. Amazing videos.

bluecoconuts

Legend

Crazy stuff, no major injuries either. Imagine if that landed in a major city like New York or London?

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

Holy shit dude.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

There is a nice video here from a scientist who talks about potential impacts...

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.engadget.com/2013/02/15/asteroid-interview/#continued" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.engadget.com/2013/02/15/aste ... #continued</a>

biggame1190

Starter
Name
CB
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

bluecoconuts said:
Crazy stuff, no major injuries either. Imagine if that landed in a major city like New York or London?

Yea, there are over 500+ people with minor injuries like cuts from glass and ear problems with the sonic boom, but thankfully nothing too serous.

Research the 1908 Tunguska event. Then imagine if that exploded asteroid/comet happened in a highly populated area. The death toll could have been in the millions. Harsh reminder that these things are NOT just in the cinemas. These things are very real and can be very much more dangerous and lethal than any weapon man has created.

bluecoconuts

Legend

NASA's budget is so little, and only 1 12th of a percent is used to detect catastrophic objects hitting us. Scary thought really. Instead of wasting billions of dollars on useless things, we could be funding a space program that could actually take us to other worlds.

biggame1190

Starter
Name
CB
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

bluecoconuts said:
Instead of wasting billions of dollars on useless things, we could be funding a space program that could actually take us to other worlds.

I wish man I really do. I fully believe that if NASA was funded like they were in the 60s and 70s, than we probably would have had man step foot on Mars 10-20 years ago.

Sadly the only reason US was so behind Space Exploration in the 60s and 70s, was solely because they just wanted to win the Space Race and wanted to get the better of the USSR. Right now Russia and China are the current winners, since the US does not actually have a manned launch capability at the moment. China is advancing faster than any other country, India and others are racing to catch up.

I really hope to see the US give more of an effort to explore the universe in my lifetime.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael

Damn, that is freaky. I think I might panic if I'm driving down the highway and I see a huge meteor coming down in front of me.