Met Isiah Ferguson Today

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

GcBean

Rookie
Name
Gil
My son and I were cruising around Disneyland, when I saw a HUGE dude sporting a white Rams shirt with the old blue logo on the front. I didn't recognize him at all, but I was like, let's go stalk him for a minute. Told my son to ask him if he's a Ram, and sure enough it was Isiah. He was super nice, shook our hands and was very polite to my son. Didn't want to ask too much, he was with his wife and baby. But he did take a few minutes to chat.

This dude just looked huge for a WR. If he can use that big body effectively, man, what a threat he could be. I believe he was cut last year due to injury, but I guess he's back now. Anyone know anything else about him?

…..

Legend
My son and I were cruising around Disneyland, when I saw a HUGE dude sporting a white Rams shirt with the old blue logo on the front. I didn't recognize him at all, but I was like, let's go stalk him for a minute. Told my son to ask him if he's a Ram, and sure enough it was Isiah. He was super nice, shook our hands and was very polite to my son. Didn't want to ask too much, he was with his wife and baby. But he did take a few minutes to chat.

This dude just looked huge for a WR. If he can use that big body effectively, man, what a threat he could be. I believe he was cut last year due to injury, but I guess he's back now. Anyone know anything else about him?

Didn't the Rams honor his 1st year salary/bonus, then give him a job in the office?

Edit....wrong WR. My bad

GcBean

Rookie
Name
Gil
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Seriously, this dude looked like a monster in person. Just a big/long frame. We need a guy like this to break out.

lockdnram21

Legend
We gotta a lot of options at wr. Quick, B. Marquez and maybe Britt might need to look for new jobs soon

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
He was designated IR last season.
Yup. ACL surgery.

Gonna be a massive competition all across the WR/TE front this camp.
I really hope they don't name any incumbent starters before that, because this offense needs this kinda shake-up.

Ram65

Legend
http://www.scout.com/nfl/rams/story/1577197-rams-rookie-wr-isiah-ferguson-tears-acl

Rams rookie WR Isiah Ferguson tears ACL

1342528.jpg

NATE LATSCH
08/21/2015/ Originally published onGridIron Gateway

ST. LOUIS — Undrafted rookie wide receiver Isiah Ferguson had one catch for 15 yards in the Rams’ preseason opener against the Oakland Raiders, but he will miss the rest of the season.

Ferguson announced via Twitter on Friday morning that he has a torn ACL and meniscus. He was later waived/injured by the St. Louis Rams on Friday.

Torn ACL & Meniscus. My resiliency is gone have me back better then ever. This is GOD plan no matter what. #Blessed pic.twitter.com/1lWXvrJgPZ

— Isiah Ferguson (@ferg_914)

The 24-year-old rookie showed up at practice on Thursday night with a huge brace on his left knee and now we know the reason why, though it’s not known when Ferguson suffered the injury.

The 6-foot-5, 218-pounder from Arkansas-Pine Bluff was going to be a long shot to make the Rams’ 53-man roster at the end of the preseason, but Ferguson’s size makes him an intriguing prospect and he could have been a candidate for the team’s practice squad.

Ferguson posted impressive numbers at his pro day in March, including a 40-inch vertical jump, a broad jump of 10 feet, 7 inches and 23 reps of 225 pounds on the bench press to go with a 4.57-second 40-yard dash.

The wide receiver put up modest numbers during three seasons at UAPB after transferring from ASA College in Brooklyn, New York. Ferguson totaled 51 receptions for 796 yards and three touchdowns in his three seasons at UAPB.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Looking at how big and fast this guy is makes you think he has a chance. After looking at his stats plus the level of competition he faced you realize he's not very good. Wish him the best but really no chance with the new kids coming in @ WR

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
(n) Isaiah Ferguson...Isaiah Battle...battle...Ferguson Missoui...Isaiah 40:31 "But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Some connection here...

:rant:Yeah, maybe include our new guy, Pharoh Cooper!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Gonna be a massive competition all across the WR/TE front this camp.
I really hope they don't name any incumbent starters before that, because this offense needs this kinda shake-up.
I couldn't agree with you more! I was just thinking the same thing!!(y);):D