Merry Christmas! What did everyone get!?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Selassie I said:
My Dad got me something that was a complete shocker ...

Somehow he managed to get me a bootleg DVD of a Japanese superhero show that I worshipped as a kid in Hawaii (1970s).
The superhero is Kikaida. It was in Japanese but had English subtitles. It was also totally violent. No way would this show be acceptable for kids these days.

The DVD box saws that it is only allowed to be sold and owned in the State of Hawaii. This makes me like it even more.

I haven't seen this show in well over 30 years, but amazingly I immediately started singing the main song in the show as if I sing it everyday (it's in Japanese BTW). My sons were rolling on the floor laughing at me. I don't know how that memory was there.

My Dad also got me a Kikaida action figure (unbelievable that he found this too) ,,,, and I made it into a Christmas ornament that I hung right next to my Kurt Warner action figure ornament
That's probably the coolest thing I've ever heard. Those kinds of presents are the absolute best. They require a ton of thought and effort to give, and the payoff is huge. Mele kalikimaka, dude.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
X said:
Selassie I said:

Somehow he managed to get me a bootleg DVD of a Japanese superhero show that I worshipped as a kid in Hawaii (1970s).
The superhero is Kikaida. It was in Japanese but had English subtitles. It was also totally violent. No way would this show be acceptable for kids these days.

The DVD box saws that it is only allowed to be sold and owned in the State of Hawaii. This makes me like it even more.

I haven't seen this show in well over 30 years, but amazingly I immediately started singing the main song in the show as if I sing it everyday (it's in Japanese BTW). My sons were rolling on the floor laughing at me. I don't know how that memory was there.

My Dad also got me a Kikaida action figure (unbelievable that he found this too) ,,,, and I made it into a Christmas ornament that I hung right next to my Kurt Warner action figure ornament
That's probably the coolest thing I've ever heard. Those kinds of presents are the absolute best. They require a ton of thought and effort to give, and the payoff is huge. Mele kalikimaka, dude.

Dude, I was totally surprised when I saw what it was. Nothing I would have ever expected to see again. It was like I was transported back in time to the 70s as a young shit. My Dad's a smart guy, and like you say X... it was the thought that counted in this one. So cool.

steferfootball

Starter
I gave my dad a miter saw. He really liked it. So much so, he got me a post-Christmas present. :lol:

Every year I feel like I have to out do myself from the last year, so I'm not sure what I'll do next year.

Anonymous

Selassie I said:
X said:
Selassie I said:

Dude, I was totally surprised when I saw what it was. Nothing I would have ever expected to see again. It was like I was transported back in time to the 70s as a young shyte. My Dad's a smart guy, and like you say X... it was the thought that counted in this one. So cool.

That is so cool. I kept hope alive for my dad replacing the my issue of Penthouse mom tore up when cleaning the basement back in the day.....but alas it is not to be.