MemphisRam 3 Round Mock Draft 1.0

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jjab360

Legend
I get all the high ceiling thing and understand that Snead seems drawn to those types of physical freaks, despite some. Of them having character concerns but I don't like it. I would hope if that is the way the top ten shakes out that they trade back a bit and grab another pick, then take L. Collins or Erving. If the had to stand pat I'd take Jalen Collins.

I prefer Tomlinson, or Cann over DGB. I don't like the character concerns with him. I am fine with Dawson in round3 but he is not my first choice either.
Woahhh, no. God no, lol.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I get all the high ceiling thing and understand that Snead seems drawn to those types of physical freaks, despite some. Of them having character concerns but I don't like it. I would hope if that is the way the top ten shakes out that they trade back a bit and grab another pick, then take L. Collins or Erving. If the had to stand pat I'd take Jalen Collins.

I prefer Tomlinson, or Cann over DGB. I don't like the character concerns with him. I am fine with Dawson in round3 but he is not my first choice either.

I can't lie...I'm on board with every pick from Memphis. Dawson and DGB both have character concerns so the Rams would have to give both guys the green light after investigating that but they're both outstanding talents on the field. DGB would have been a top 10 pick had he stayed out of trouble and played this year.

And I agree with Memphis that Clemmings is the best of a not ideal situation at #10. I don't see Jalen Collins making sense at all. Yes, he's extremely talented but he's really not the best scheme fit for us and still shows a lot of inconsistency.

If we came away with Clemmings, DGB, and Dawson in the first three rounds...we killed it. Yes, all three are risky picks and there's the possibility that all three bust. But there's also the strong possibility that we have three Pro Bowl talents at the end of the day.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I can't lie...I'm on board with every pick from Memphis. Dawson and DGB both have character concerns so the Rams would have to give both guys the green light after investigating that but they're both outstanding talents on the field. DGB would have been a top 10 pick had he stayed out of trouble and played this year.

And I agree with Memphis that Clemmings is the best of a not ideal situation at #10. I don't see Jalen Collins making sense at all. Yes, he's extremely talented but he's really not the best scheme fit for us and still shows a lot of inconsistency.

If we came away with Clemmings, DGB, and Dawson in the first three rounds...we killed it. Yes, all three are risky picks and there's the possibility that all three bust. But there's also the strong possibility that we have three Pro Bowl talents at the end of the day.

I don't dny the physical skill sets. There is just too much risk in that draft. Not only could all three bust, even if two do it is a disaster. Plus I no I am getting like a broken record here, but eventually Hesse high risk picks catch up to you. How many bad character guys does it take to become the Bengals of a few years ago. I know that you qualified your statement about them passing Fishers investigations, but that is Fishers biggest flaw IMO. He is too confident that he can straighten people out. Clemmings is too raw for ten and DGB is immature with whacky priorities that are not Football related. I want guys who love to play so much that there is no questioning how important it is to them. I don't see that with DGB.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Woahhh, no. God no, lol.

He isn't my first choice, that's for sure but I like him better than Clemmings right now and in that draft the guys I prefer are all gone by ten. I would prefer to trade back and go OLine if it plays out like that in the top ten.

jjab360

Legend
I don't dny the physical skill sets. There is just too much risk in that draft. Not only could all three bust, even if two do it is a disaster. Plus I no I am getting like a broken record here, but eventually Hesse high risk picks catch up to you. How many bad character guys does it take to become the Bengals of a few years ago. I know that you qualified your statement about them passing Fishers investigations, but that is Fishers biggest flaw IMO. He is too confident that he can straighten people out. Clemmings is too raw for ten and DGB is immature with whacky priorities that are not Football related. I want guys who love to play so much that there is no questioning how important it is to them. I don't see that with DGB.
I don't see how you can say that when all of his character risks have worked out so far..

Memphis Ram

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sorry, @Memphis Ram , it certainly wasn't my intention to hijack your 3 round mock thread to discuss the merits of certain drills. It takes an enormous amount of work to do something like this, and I appreciate it.(y)

Fisher to the Eagles makes sense, because he's the best athlete at OT in this draft, and he reminds me of Kelly's first pick as Eagles coach, Lane Johnson. He has really good film too. Another comparison I'd make is, Nate Solder, but I think Fisher is better coming out.

I figure he takes over for Evan Mathis (when they finally move him) and then either he or Johnson slide over to replace Jason Peters who will be 34 next year.

Memphis Ram

Legend

Isn't Collins pretty raw himself? Only 10 starts in college and 3 INTs in 3 seasons?

Memphis Ram

Legend
He isn't my first choice, that's for sure but I like him better than Clemmings right now and in that draft the guys I prefer are all gone by ten. I would prefer to trade back and go OLine if it plays out like that in the top ten.

Given the circumstances listed, I believe that almost everyone here would prefer the Rams to trade back. However, given that it takes two teams to tango, I went into this with the mindset that the team wouldn't be able to find a trade partner and had to make a pick.

And looking at their past drafts, Clemmings sort of stuck out like a sore thumb.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I think I'd do a pretty good job. BTW, this mock is based upon what I believe the Rams and other teams might do. Most of these are not the selections that I would make.
Always difficult to predict what a team might do.
I believe the Cowboys are better off staying and taking Gordon with their first pick.
Hell, I would love him in horns.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Always difficult to predict what a team might do.
I believe the Cowboys are better off staying and taking Gordon with their first pick.
Hell, I would love him in horns.

That was my trade down and pick up an extra pick used to select Rokevious Watkins and miss on a chance at Bobby Wagner moment of the draft.:p

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
That was my trade down and pick up an extra pick used to select Rokevious Watkins and miss on a chance at Bobby Wagner moment of the draft.:p
Lmao.
Everything is just a gamble in the draft anyway. At least we can have fun with the guess work.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Given the circumstances listed, I believe that almost everyone here would prefer the Rams to trade back. However, given that it takes two teams to tango, I went into this with the mindset that the team wouldn't be able to find a trade partner and had to make a pick.

And looking at their past drafts, Clemmings sort of stuck out like a sore thumb.
I guess Jalen Collins might be a pick at #10 then, because he has little experience, or/and offseason problems, but he is a tremendous athlete who has an enormous high side. These are some of the players the Rams have drafted. They really project the players a couple years down the road, but there is always risk involved. I'm OK with it, but people have to understand that not all risks work out, and being too cute, like they did when we lost Wagner, might cost us.

Snead said he learned from that move. OK, keep your same scenario as to where players will go, and who do you pick for the Rams? I'd take, based on your draft:

#10 Trae Waynes, or Devante Parker
#41 A.J. Cann - OG
#66 Daryl Williams - ORT/G, which would take a small trade up (wouldn't take much here), if we could make it, but I love this player. It would give us two nasty, play to the whistle, people movers.
#71 Jarvis Harrison - OG, or stay with Paul Dawson.
I'd take Andrew Donnal in 4th if I take Dawson.

That's what I'd do for us, based on what your mock. What do you think?

Memphis Ram

Legend
I guess Jalen Collins might be a pick at #10 then, because he has little experience, or/and offseason problems, but he is a tremendous athlete who has an enormous high side. These are some of the players the Rams have drafted. They really project the players a couple years down the road, but there is always risk involved. I'm OK with it, but people have to understand that not all risks work out, and being too cute, like they did when we lost Wagner, might cost us.

Snead said he learned from that move. OK, keep your same scenario as to where players will go, and who do you pick for the Rams? I'd take, based on your draft:

#10 Trae Waynes, or Devante Parker
#41 A.J. Cann - OG
#66 Daryl Williams - ORT/G, which would take a small trade up (wouldn't take much here), if we could make it, but I love this player. It would give us two nasty, play to the whistle, people movers.
#71 Jarvis Harrison - OG, or stay with Paul Dawson.
I'd take Andrew Donnal in 4th if I take Dawson.

That's what I'd do for us, based on what your mock. What do you think?

With Jalen Collins, I'd have to learn more about that foot surgery that caused him to miss his Pro Day, but there's raw and then there is raw. Only 10 career starts? I don't think Snead would pull the trigger at @10.

As to your draft, I like every player you listed. But, I'd be disappointed if the Rams went to OLine heavy in the first 4 rounds (don't think Dawson makes it to Rams 4th rounder). I guess I hold out hope that each one of these selections might wind up being a starter and barring injuries (which I know can happen) there wouldn't be enough spots.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
With Jalen Collins, I'd have to learn more about that foot surgery that caused him to miss his Pro Day, but there's raw and then there is raw. Only 10 career starts? I don't think Snead would pull the trigger at @10.

As to your draft, I like every player you listed. But, I'd be disappointed if the Rams went to OLine heavy in the first 4 rounds (don't think Dawson makes it to Rams 4th rounder). I guess I hold out hope that each one of these selections might wind up being a starter and barring injuries (which I know can happen) there wouldn't be enough spots.
No, I was saying I would take Donnal in the 4th if I took Dawson in the 3rd. Collins foot was supposedly minor, it's the off the field issues that kept him off the field, from his own mouth, that I'd worry about. I'd still take the MSU kid in your scenario, just commentating on the Rams strategies.

I'd pick two OL, is what I'm trying to say in the first 4 rounds, contingent on who was there.

If the draft falls differently, I'd pick differently, but my principles would be similar.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Like this mock a lot. Very similar to mine im making, might have to change some things up now lol.

Memphis Ram

Legend
No, I was saying I would take Donnal in the 4th if I took Dawson in the 3rd. Collins foot was supposedly minor, it's the off the field issues that kept him off the field, from his own mouth, that I'd worry about. I'd still take the MSU kid in your scenario, just commentating on the Rams strategies.

I'd pick two OL, is what I'm trying to say in the first 4 rounds, contingent on who was there.

If the draft falls differently, I'd pick differently, but my principles would be similar.

Now I get it. Oh. I forgot to answer what I would do if the draft fell in this way. Memphis Ram Mock Draft 6.0 coming up.

FRO

Legend
It may just be me but I pretty much ignore the bench press unless a guy does unbelievably terrible. Doesn't tell me much of anything otherwise.
It's easier for a guy with short arms to put up a ton of reps. Clemmings has long long arms.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Now I get it. Oh. I forgot to answer what I would do if the draft fell in this way. Memphis Ram Mock Draft 6.0 coming up.
I only do one, now. I used to do a bunch. I've also done a Rams mock, and a DR RAM mock. They can be drastically different.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I don't see how you can say that when all of his character risks have worked out so far..

PacMan Jones and Albert Haynesworth. Plus he wanted Justin Blackmon.

He has rolled the dice plenty and hit on some and missed on some. With the Rams getting closer to making the playoffs we need a hit.