Memphis Rams Mock 4.0

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I agree I can't imagine how good this D would be with Revis added into the secondary. dont tease me like that!

He is a 25M cap hit next year, so you know he wont play for that. NE wont go long term on a 30 year old CB either. You might be able to grab him for 3/48M or 5/80M but front load the first 3 years making the cap hit minimal in year 4 and 5. Fisher and Snead have taken an aggressive approach in FA with Finnegan and Long in the past. Their cap situation should be better this year than years past so they could make this work.

There is a part of me that believes they will pursue Revis if he becomes available.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
He is a 25M cap hit next year, so you know he wont play for that. NE wont go long term on a 30 year old CB either. You might be able to grab him for 3/48M or 5/80M but front load the first 3 years making the cap hit minimal in year 4 and 5. Fisher and Snead have taken an aggressive approach in FA with Finnegan and Long in the past. Their cap situation should be better this year than years past so they could make this work.

There is a part of me that believes they will pursue Revis if he becomes available.

Man I hope so! I have a hard time seeing though. We will have some money to spend but I think they will be hard pressed to spend that money on Revis as opposed to going after a few of the top Olineman on the market especially with the way Gaines played this year. but I would be all for it and my god our Defense would be the best in the NFL with that move alone. With our pass rush and that secondary good god man! our defense might score more than our offense!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Unless we're cutting Sam or another expensive player, I don't know where we're getting the money for that. Would love it if were short term and low risk....but I don't think we can afford it.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Unless we're cutting Sam or another expensive player, I don't know where we're getting the money for that. Would love it if were short term and low risk....but I don't think we can afford it.

It wont be easy, but I stole this from one of your mocks.

Released
Jake Long OT
Kendall Langford DT
Scott Wells C
Eugene Sims DE
Isaiah Pead HB
Total Cap Savings: $18.7 million
Total Cap Room: $24.7 million

Re-signed Players
Kenny Britt - 4 years $20 million($4 million first year)
Joe Barksdale - 4 years $24 million($5 million first year)
Mike Person - 1 year $745,000
Cory Harkey - ERFA($645,000)
Rodney McLeod - RFA($1.4 million - Original Round)
Total Cap Spent: $11.8 million
Total Cap Room: $12.9 million

Also does this include any projected increase in the cap? Also Bradford could restructure, Chris Long has a big number next year, maybe he would restructure. We all thought there was no room to sign Jake Long when they signed him but they found the space, so anything is possible. They get paid a lot of money to figure this out....way over my head and not interested in spending the time to figure it out lol.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It wont be easy, but I stole this from one of your mocks.

Released
Jake Long OT
Kendall Langford DT
Scott Wells C
Eugene Sims DE
Isaiah Pead HB
Total Cap Savings: $18.7 million
Total Cap Room: $24.7 million

Re-signed Players
Kenny Britt - 4 years $20 million($4 million first year)
Joe Barksdale - 4 years $24 million($5 million first year)
Mike Person - 1 year $745,000
Cory Harkey - ERFA($645,000)
Rodney McLeod - RFA($1.4 million - Original Round)
Total Cap Spent: $11.8 million
Total Cap Room: $12.9 million

Also does this include any projected increase in the cap? Also Bradford could restructure, Chris Long has a big number next year, maybe he would restructure. We all thought there was no room to sign Jake Long when they signed him but they found the space, so anything is possible. They get paid a lot of money to figure this out....way over my head and not interested in spending the time to figure it out lol.

I account for the cap being around $140 million...so there is an increase. Although, there's an expectation it could be higher(around $143 to $144 million). But I prefer to be conservative with the cap room I give myself.