Memphis Rams Mock 4.0

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I won't be able to keep up with jrry32 many mock drafts, but I had an hour to kill so I figured I'd try something new that most probably won't like anyway.:p

BLOCKBUSTER TRADE:

The St. Louis Rams trade Sam Bradford, Chris Long, Zac Stacy, and their 2015 & 2016 1st Round Choices to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for the #1 overall selection in the 2015 NFL Draft & their original 4th round pick.

This only works if the Rams are really sold on Winston & Tampa Bay simpy is not sold on either Winston or Mariota.

Here, the Rams gamble by moving some high character, team leaders (plus some big contracts) in an effort to obtain someone who can potentially be one the few legit franchise type QBs in the league at one given point in time.

1st Round) Jameis Winston, QB, Florida State
img24760425.jpg

2nd Round) A.J. Cann, OG, South Carolina
6_3106966.jpg

3rd Round) Owamagbe Odighizuwa, DE, UCLA
Owamagbe-Odighizuwa.jpg

4th Round) Andy Gallick, C, Boston College (original choice from Tampa)
Andy-Gallik-Boston-College.jpg

5th Round) Rob Havenstein, OT, Wisconsin
8050904.jpeg

7th Rounder) DeAndre Smelter, WR, Georgia Tech (acquired from Pats for Salas)

ncf_a_dsmelter_dj_576x324.jpg

This former 6’3” 220 lbs. baseball player was enjoying a breakout Senior season for the Bulldogs prior to his late knee injury. Smart, Good size, good hands, good work ethic, deceptive speed, and a strong blocker to boot. Put him on the PUP list / IR for the season and see what happens in 2016.

Last edited:

paceram

Pro Bowler
I won't be able to keep up with jrry32 many mock drafts, but I had an hour to kill so I figured I'd try something new that most probably won't like anyway.:p

BLOCKBUSTER TRADE:

The St. Louis Rams trade Sam Bradford, Chris Long, Zac Stacy, and their 2015 & 2016 1st Round Choices to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for the #1 overall selection in the 2015 NFL Draft & their original 4th round pick.

This only works if are sold on Winston & Tampa Bay is not, but here, the Rams gamble by moving some high character, team leaders (plus some big contracts) in an effort to obtain someone who can potentially be one the few legit franchise type QBs in the league at one given point in time.

1st Round) Jameis Winston, QB, Florida State
img24760425.jpg

2nd Round) A.J. Cann, OG, South Carolina
6_3106966.jpg

3rd Round) Owamagbe Odighizuwa, DE, UCLA
Owamagbe-Odighizuwa.jpg

4th Round) Andy Gallick, C, Boston College (original choice from Tampa)
Andy-Gallik-Boston-College.jpg

5th Round) Rob Havenstein, OT, Wisconsin
8050904.jpeg

7th Rounder) DeAndre Smelter, WR, Georgia Tech (acquired from Pats for Salas)

ncf_a_dsmelter_dj_576x324.jpg

This former 6’3” 220 lbs. baseball player was enjoying a breakout Senior season for the Bulldogs prior to his late knee injury. Smart, Good size, good hands, good work ethic, deceptive speed, and a strong blocker to boot. Put him on the PUP list / IR for the season and see what happens in 2016.

Memphis - I usually agree on most your ideas but this trade suggestion sounds way too much to me AND I am a HUGE FSU & Winston Fan!

Memphis Ram

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Can we keep Chris Long (Great player and an emotional leader for the Rams!) as well?

Sure. But, I was simply thinking outside the box again and guessing that Tampa would want a sure starter (who would fit their scheme) to even consider such a trade offer to move down so many spots.

BTW, I'd say that Long is a very good player, but not a great one. And while he is one of the emotional leaders on the team, it's time for others to step up. Besides, he's about to turn 30, has a big contract, and since the team is going to be blitz happy to apply pressure anyway, I'd be willing to make the sacrifice to obtain a franchise QB (if the Rams are sold that is the case). Love to keep him, but his impact simply doesn't make the difference in wins and losses like a franchise QB can. I'd rather the team win without him than continue losing with him.

Last edited:

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Not sure why TB would want to purchase $20.mil worth of CAP hits, especially for a QB they no nothing more about than we do in regards to his health. The Rams aren't close enough to putting a consistently good team on the field to risk losing future # 1 draft picks. The idea of another 4'th round Center competing with Jones for a starting position is unnerving enough on its own. Digging ourselves out of this mess may require even more medication than what is necessary for me now. :censored:
Simply put, if the Rams have a decent free agency and draft, based on current resources, I don't believe all these extraordinary trades will be needed to reach the next level. jmo.

paceram

Pro Bowler
Sure. But, I was simply thinking outside the box again and guessing that Tampa would want a sure starter (who would fit their scheme) to even consider such a trade offer to move down so many spots.

BTW, I'd say that Long is a very good player, but not a great one. And while he is one of the emotional leaders on the team, it's time for others to step up. Besides, he's about to turn 30, has a big contract, and since the team is going to be blitz happy to apply pressure anyway, I'd be willing to make the sacrifice to obtain a franchise QB (if the Rams are sold that is the case). Love to keep him, but his impact simply doesn't make the difference in wins and losses like a franchise QB can. I'd rather win without him that continue losing with him.

I do understand your thinking (Addition by Subtraction/Mainly Long's salary & age) and your trade proposal could end up being a great move for the Rams but IF Winston is not as good as I think he is OR his off-field problems are as bad as some others think they are OR if he gets hurt that could really set the Rams future plans back drastically (At least, in my opinion). I think this trade would be a HUGE gamble by the Rams but I guess if the Rams really want to get their QB of the Future then they will have to take a gamble sooner or later! Personally, I like the plan by another poster who suggests the Rams re-do Bradford's contract (IF, he is willing!), trade for Mike Glennon, draft a QB (Petty or best available QB) in the 3rd or later rounds) and re-sign Hill and/or Davis and bring them all to camp and may the best 3 QB's win spots on the Rams 2015 final roster.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I do understand your thinking (Addition by Subtraction/Mainly Long's salary & age) and your trade proposal could end up being a great move for the Rams but IF Winston is not as good as I think he is OR his off-field problems are as bad as some others think they are OR if he gets hurt that could really set the Rams future plans back drastically (At least, in my opinion). I think this trade would be a HUGE gamble by the Rams but I guess if the Rams really want to get their QB of the Future then they will have to take a gamble sooner or later! Personally, I like the plan by another poster who suggests the Rams re-do Bradford's contract (IF, he is willing!), trade for Mike Glennon, draft a QB (Petty or best available QB) in the 3rd or later rounds) and re-sign Hill and/or Davis and bring them all to camp and may the best 3 QB's win spots on the Rams 2015 final roster.

With the new CBA limiting the size of these rookie contracts, I disagree that missing on Winston could drastically set this (what amounts to an already losing) team back. And, IMO, limiting the draft choice compensation mitigates that issue, too.

Besides, Stacy is a backup. Long isn't getting any younger and the team has been losing with him. Bradford has already proven to be injury prone and is on the last year of his contract. Plus, the money saved by moving both of them might enable the team to enhance the roster even more via free agency.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I like it and it makes the Rams better so.....I'm all in!
all-in1.jpg

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I like Winston - quite a bit. But I don't like that trade. It's not that I can't see the rationale - I just think it's far too much to give up.

paceram

Pro Bowler
With the new CBA limiting the size of these rookie contracts, I disagree that missing on Winston could drastically set this (what amounts to an already losing) team back. And, IMO, limiting the draft choice compensation mitigates that issue, too.

Besides, Stacy is a backup. Long isn't getting any younger and the team has been losing with him. Bradford has already proven to be injury prone and is on the last year of his contract. Plus, the money saved by moving both of them might enable the team to enhance the roster even more via free agency.

I still hate giving up the #2016 1st Round pick but I guess to move up that much the Rams would have to include that draft pick. And, by trading Chris Long and Sam Bradford (IF, that is really possible) the Rams would be freeing up a TON of cap space which should be like winning the lottery for Free Agency! The more I think about it the more I like and agree with it. Now, YOU just have to get Tampa to like and agree to it!

Memphis Ram

Legend
I still hate giving up the #2016 1st Round pick but I guess to move up that much the Rams would have to include that draft pick. And, by trading Chris Long and Sam Bradford (IF, that is really possible) the Rams would be freeing up a TON of cap space which should be like winning the lottery for Free Agency! The more I think about it the more I like and agree with it. Now, YOU just have to get Tampa to like and agree to it!

I seriously doubt either team would actually be interested. But, if Rams are sold on Winston AND Tampa isn't sold on Winston or Mariota, it makes all the sense in the world to me.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I'm not a fan of trade scenarios but this draft is fricken great. Wish there was a way we could land Winston some how.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I'd hate to see Chris Long go, but I would make that trade. With Fishers loyalties I don't think he would though. Tampa invested a lot in their Dline over the last few years. Didnt the DEs workout?

I am all ford rafting Winston.

I like Havenstein in the middle rounds and Only know Cann from Jrry but he sounds like the right type of Guard for the Rams.

I watched Galick play PSU in the Pinstripe bowl and I was not impressed. He is real quick off the snap but he was getting pushed backward too much.

Dont the Rams get a 6th round pick from New England this year for Greg Salas? Plus you can add another 6th for compensation. If Snead and Fisher really think this draft is weak, then they will probably do a repeat of the Stacy trade up with 2 sixth and the seventh.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I'm not exactly sold on our corners, so with all this savings we should kick the tires on Revis. It's 50/50 if NE resigns him and if they win the SB they probably won't. Give him a front loaded deal. How good is this D with Revis. Fisher and Snead also like to go with the star approach in FA. Revis is a game changer, he is probably the biggest reason NE is back in the big game.

Revis and Winston = NFC West championship. I don't say that as a homer, firmly believe that statement.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
It sure would hurt to lose Long (one of my favorite rams) but I would have to consider that trade if the rams are sold on Winston. It would hurt even more to see Bradford and Long go to tampa and start tearing it up. with our luck the bucs would go straight to the superbowl with bradford winning MVP.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
I'm not exactly sold on our corners, so with all this savings we should kick the tires on Revis. It's 50/50 if NE resigns him and if they win the SB they probably won't. Give him a front loaded deal. How good is this D with Revis. Fisher and Snead also like to go with the star approach in FA. Revis is a game changer, he is probably the biggest reason NE is back in the big game.

Revis and Winston = NFC West championship. I don't say that as a homer, firmly believe that statement.

I agree I can't imagine how good this D would be with Revis added into the secondary. dont tease me like that!