Memphis Ram Mock Draft 5.0

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stel

Starter
I'd be shocked if the Bengals selected him at #21. They still have Leon Hall, used a 1st rounder on Dre Kirkpatrick 3 years ago and another one on Darqueze Dennard last year.

The "Bengals at #21" was a tongue in cheek reference to their penchant for acquiring troubled souls.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
If Peter's is there at that pick, you can't pass him up. He's too good. I was also thinking about mocking him in my draft.

I would have to agree, same applies possibly if Beckham-Green is there and you go oline at 10

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
Very creative with no trading involved. You made me go back and look at Parker and I love his awareness when the ball is in the air and his body control to stay in bounds. He was reminding me of Ike and Torry the way he could straddle the sideline. Also the way he way can catch the ball contested and through contact is an underrated trait IMO. My only question is what kind of route runner is he? He seemed like a deep play jump ball or red zone fade target in his highlights.

Peters would be interesting, I just don't know where you play him and who sits. Call me crazy but I like Tru Johnson and Gaines on the outside and Jenkins in the slot with Joyner coming in on dime package and Roberson on ST and back up duty. None have shown to be #1 type CBs and I get the thinking with Peters.

I only saw Marpet at the SR Bowl and he didn't look phased one bit. He also tested pretty darn well at the combine. I'd be fine with him in the third and I'm guessing you plug him in at LG?

Havenstein in the 4th. Value, value and more value. I could see him being a solid Tackle swing man or even a solid RT in the near future.

Digging for gold after that and I'm not informed enough to comment on them, but I like DT depth and another explosive KR option after Cunningham.

I look forward to doing a Mock real soon. Appreciate the thought and effort put into this.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My favorite mock I've seen so far.
I don't think this is your reason but I think petty and Hundley are both gone by the Rams 2 pick and fer sure are gone before 3. So I don't need to draft a qb with what they have on roster and what's coming out next year.
I'm a sucker for the post season workout guy and am a huge fan of Marpet
Think Parker is Beckham of this draft, not for his ability but because everyone is talking about the other guys and he may outperform them all

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve
Memphis. ... I respect your opinion greatly..... even though we differ in opinions some times..... i know you have done a lot of studying of the wrs.....and I found something baffling. ....I know Kevin White supposedly ran a 4.35 at combine and Parker only a 4.45...... yet when symocast parker beats white by a neck and cooper lags behind and he supposedly ran a 4.42. What do you make of it? Is White really that fast? Is Parker just as fast? Parker does seem to get a lot of separation..... even in his breaks? Anyway I'm looking forward to your evaluation. ....... ;)

Go Rams........... ;)

Memphis Ram

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Memphis. ... I respect your opinion greatly..... even though we differ in opinions some times..... i know you have done a lot of studying of the wrs.....and I found something baffling. ....I know Kevin White supposedly ran a 4.35 at combine and Parker only a 4.45...... yet when symocast parker beats white by a neck and cooper lags behind and he supposedly ran a 4.42. What do you make of it? Is White really that fast? Is Parker just as fast? Parker does seem to get a lot of separation..... even in his breaks? Anyway I'm looking forward to your evaluation. ....... ;)

Go Rams........... ;)

From what I understand, NFL teams get the actual 40 times and even a symocast can be subject to a bit of human error as to the start. But, from what I saw in games, I thought Cooper was the fastest of the three and Parker and White were pretty close to the same speed, best I could tell. BTW, I thought Sammie Coates was faster than all of them.

I wish they would have these kids run as if they were lining up to run a vertical route since the start in a three point stance can almost make or break you. Some are just better at it than others. Years ago I saw a WR racing another player on campus and he beat him by a step and a half. The loser couldn't believe it so we all went over to the track for them to race again. This time they got into those 3 point stances and it was the other way around almost (winner on by about a step).:eek:

rams56

Name
Steve
From what I understand, NFL teams get the actual 40 times and even a symocast can be subject to a bit of human error as to the start. But, from what I saw in games, I thought Cooper was the fastest of the three and Parker and White were pretty close to the same speed, best I could tell. BTW, I thought Sammie Coates was faster than all of them.

I wish they would have these kids run as if they were lining up to run a vertical route since the start in a three point stance can almost make or break you. Some are just better at it than others. Years ago I saw a WR racing another player on campus and he beat him by a step and a half. The loser couldn't believe it so we all went over to the track for them to race again. This time they got into those 3 point stances and it was the other way around almost (winner on by about a step).:eek:
Thank you..... ;)

Go Rams.......... ;)

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Go Rams........... ;)

You've got the players mixed up.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mw6rhfkixDQ

It's White and Cooper that are neck and neck on the video.

It's not actually your fault, the brilliant guys commentating said the wrong name. Here's a picture of Parker from the Combine:
464082990-wide-receiver-devante-parker-of-louisville-gettyimages.jpg

If you pause the video and look closely, you can see that the guy in third place in the video linked above is #35. Parker was #35 at the Combine.

In fact, Cooper's "official" time on his 40 isn't accurate. Here's a tweet:

rams56

Name
Steve
You've got the players mixed up.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mw6rhfkixDQ

It's White and Cooper that are neck and neck on the video.

It's not actually your fault, the brilliant guys commentating said the wrong name. Here's a picture of Parker from the Combine:
464082990-wide-receiver-devante-parker-of-louisville-gettyimages.jpg

If you pause the video and look closely, you can see that the guy in third place in the video linked above is #35. Parker was #35 at the Combine.

In fact, Cooper's "official" time on his 40 isn't accurate. Here's a tweet:

Thank you...... ;)

Go Rams........ ;)

ausmurp

Starter
I like it. I have a feeling the Rams will take whichever of the top 3 WRs available at 10. I like Parker, I think he's underrated and compares more to Cooper's skill set. I think Parker and Cooper are day 1 starters and can get 1000+ yds as rookies. I think White takes a yr or 2 to contribute like a starter, sort of like Dez Bryant did.

I like the idea of waiting until 3rd and 4th rd for OL. Seems like OL is 50/50 in the league between good starters drafted in first 4 rds. In reality we have just as good a shot to get a starting OL in 3rd/4th as we do in 1st/2nd.