Memorial Day

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thanks to all my fellow veterans, for your service. There are 22 million of us still alive, as well as guys who are serving now. This is from the VA:

"As of 2014, the VA estimates there were 22 million military veterans in the U.S. population. If you add their figures on veterans to the active personnel numbers mentioned above, 7.3 percent of all living Americans have served in the military at some point in their lives."

For those who gave the ultimate sacrifice, I hope you can hear my thoughts. Thank you for what you have done for us. Words seem cheap, so know my heart.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My Grandpa was shot on Iwo Jima by a Japanese sniper as he ran for ammunition. He was shot through the lung and wasn't found until 24 hours after, but he lived. He smoked 3 packs of cigs a day on that one lung until the 60's! ;)

He died in 1983 while I was in Electronics "A" school at Great Lakes Naval Station. My Grandma gave me the Purple Heart he earned on Iwo, along with accompanying copies of letters sent to the Marine Corps Commandant requesting it because "My wife and mother are giving me hell..." he said in the note. The medal was one of 500,000 produced for the invasion of Japan that never happened, but there were none left on March 6,1945 for him because they ran out of them as servicemen were WIA/KIA's around the World. This is his medal.
Fy4aX6h.jpg

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Thanks to those who have served, and especially those who served and didn't come home to protect our great country!

coconut

Pro Bowler
Name
coconut
Much respect and thanks for those who gave the ultimate sacrifice.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
My Grandpa was shot on Iwo Jima by a Japanese sniper as he ran for ammunition. He was shot through the lung and wasn't found until 24 hours after, but he lived. He smoked 3 packs of cigs a day on that one lung until the 60's! ;)

He died in 1983 while I was in Electronics "A" school at Great Lakes Naval Station. My Grandma gave me the Purple Heart he earned on Iwo, along with accompanying copies of letters sent to the Marine Corps Commandant requesting it because "My wife and mother are giving me hell..." he said in the note. The medal was one of 500,000 produced for the invasion of Japan that never happened, but there were none left on March 6,1945 for him because they ran out of them as servicemen were WIA/KIA's around the World. This is his medal.
Fy4aX6h.jpg
sailorsalute.jpg

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Thank you to all veterans for your service. I have a life-long friend who joined the Air Force, and I'm hoping the best for her. Her husband is Army National Guard, I believe.

So, again, thank you so much to all veterans. And to those who made the ultimate sacrifice, I'll never forget you.