Memento's Way-Too-Early-To-Think-About Mock Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Hello, and welcome to the mock draft edition where I make myself look like a fool with wild predictions before the first week has ended! As you may guess, this is a 2015 mock draft, so I'll be drafting mostly seniors (with two exceptions). So, let us begin!

1st round: Marcus Mariota, quarterback, Oregon. 6'4", 215 lbs.

We've all heard about Mariota being compared to Kaepernick. It's the right call...because Mariota is basically Colin Kaepernick with humility, intelligence, and better accuracy. He's an easy kid to root for, and while he's basically worked out of Oregon's simplified college system, I have no doubt that he'll be able to learn an NFL system.

2nd round: Josue Matias, offensive guard, Florida State. 6'6", 331 lbs.

Tre' Jackson gets most of the attention, but Matias could turn out to be even better. With the versatility to play either guard or tackle, Matias can help solidify an offensive line that desperately needs it.

3rd round: Hroniss Grasu, center, Oregon. 6'3", 297 lbs.

With a new signal-caller on the Rams, why not draft the center who snapped the ball to him? Grasu is light, sure, but he's a fine technician who almost never gets beat.

4th round: Ramik Wilson, linebacker, Georgia. 6'2", 232 lbs.

Wilson led the SEC in tackles with 133 stops. He doesn't shed blocks well, but that's mainly because he doesn't have the physical strength at the moment. But he may just be the most explosive linebacker in this draft.

5th round: Daryl Williams, offensive tackle/guard, Oklahoma. 6'6", 329 lbs.

The reliable right tackle may not have the athletic ability of his bookend, but Williams is as sound as they come. He reminds me of a lesser JuWuan James coming out of college. Definitely not a Day One/Two pick, but solid depth.

6th round: Devante Davis, wide receiver, UNLV. 6'3", 210 lbs.

UNLV's leading receiver from a year ago is having another huge year. 6'3" with speed to burn makes him a very dangerous weapon, one who has value this late, especially since Britt and Pettis are in their contract years.

7th round (via Cheatriots): Kivon Cartwright, tight end, Colorado State. 6'4", 245 lbs.

A well-rounded H-back is sorely needed because Kendricks is in his contract year. Cartwright looks to play the part very well, as he helped them reach a school record in offensive yards.

Thoughts, comments, criticism, etc. is all accepted.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
First of all...good God I can't believe were doing this between week one and week two of the regular season.

That said, what about the secondary?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
First of all...good God I can't believe were doing this between week one and week two of the regular season.

That said, what about the secondary?

If there were more picks to work with, I would have gladly drafted another cornerback, so that Joyner could move to free safety. However, with Jenkins, Johnson, Joyner, Gaines, McGee, and Roberson at cornerback, we have quality depth there. At safety, we still have McDonald, Alexander, Davis, and Bryant at safety, even if McLeod/Daniels leave.

Believe me, I'd rather not do this before week one ends myself; the only reason I'm doing this is because it keeps me focused on other things than a loss.

In any case, thank you so much for commenting, CodeMonkey. No mock's going to be perfect, and I'm glad you pointed out the issue with the secondary.

CodeMonkey

No it's cool. I just noticed none of your pics were defensive backs.

CodeMonkey

So many things suck its hard to maintain focus.

CodeMonkey

Let's face it. Any mock draft for the Rams next year is all about the round 1 QB.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Not bad, I could live with it. Would change somethings personally ofc but its your mock, not mine. I like the attention to the line. Mariota is fine by me.

Its feels odd only having one 1st rounder. Wish we had two more this year.