Memento's True Final Draft. NO TRADES THANK GOD.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Yep. No ridiculous trades that may or may not happen. I'm just taking players. Not even UDFAs because you can't predict that. Here's the draft:

-

#10 - Andrus Peat, OT, Stanford. 6'7", 313 lbs.

You all know my thoughts on Peat. Plug-and-play offensive tackle with significant upside. A dancing bear who gets far more flak than he deserves. Is he the best run-blocker? No. But I love him in pass-protection, and isn't that what we've been banging the table for? Someone who can actually block the numerous pass-rushers lining up against the right tackle? How long has it been since we've had a right tackle with that kind of talent? Jackie Slater? I'm not at all saying that Peat is going to be Slater, but if he wouldn't be the most talented right tackle we've had since the twenty-year Hall of Famer, then I want to see who is.

#41 - A.J. Cann, OG/C, South Carolina. 6'3", 313 lbs.

Cann is my second favorite offensive line prospect in this class. Not spectacular film, not great measurables, but this guy shows up to work and brings it on every play. He's actually a better run-blocker than Scherff or Flowers, and unlike them, you don't have to draft him high. Second round is a good fit for him. Another plug-and-play offensive lineman for our squad.

#72 - Paul Dawson, OLB/MLB, TCU. 6'1", 235 lbs.

Combine freak? Nope. Character issues? Yep. Hated by TCU teammates and coaches alike? Yep. Is Dawson the most talented and instinctive 4-3 linebacker in this class? You bet your ass he is. Just watch him play, and you'll see why scouts drool over his potential. If I'm Fisher, I draft this kid, stick him in Laurinaitis' hip pocket, let him learn from the most cerebral linebacker in the game right now, put him on special teams to cut his teeth at first, and then let him kick ass next year.

#119 - Jamil Douglas, OG, Arizona State. 6'4", 304.

Douglas may seem too light to be in a PBS. Don't let that fool you. This kid is strong as an ox, tough as nails, and a fantastic athlete at tackle who moves to guard because of height and arm length. Just check out this link. He needs work with technique, but I feel that you could get a potential starter here when Saffold is cut and Cann kicks to right guard. With Boudreau working on him, the tools and the toolbox are there. Douglas just has to unlock it.

#215 - Gavin Lutman, WR, Pittsburgh State (KS). 6'3", 214 lbs.

Hailing from the exact same college that John Brown (Cardinals) came from, Lutman was actually the better receiver in terms of physical tools. Yes, Brown was faster, but a 4.46 from Lutman isn't shabby. He's actually getting Jeff Janis comparisons, as he flat out dominated the Kansas Pro Day by posting what would have been the Combine's third best three cone time, the sixth best shuttle and broad jump, and the 2oth best vertical (36 inches). Scouts were actually quite furious at not even ranking this kid in their notes. He's not just a workout warrior, as he almost the exact same amount of production as Brown. A sexy pick? Nope. But he provides major insurance for Brian Quick at about a fraction of the cost.

#227 - Al-Hajj Shabazz, CB, West Chester. 6'1" 200 lbs.

Shabazz was one of the most impressive players in college football, getting Darrelle Revis-esque production with a Darrelle Revis-esque reputation (i.e., don't ever throw to this guy's side). He was excellent at the NFLPA Bowl in Los Angeles, was coached by Mike Martz, and was tutored by Andre Reed, Darrell Green, and Az-Zahir Hakim. He's tall, lengthy, and can play cornerback or free safety. He doesn't have the best measurables in terms of pure speed, but neither did E.J. Gaines, and both of them were practically shutdown corners in college.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I like those players. Well done.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Day 2 was your best day by far. And you needed a good day 2 after that disastrous first night of the draft.

o_O

Memento

Name
Jemma
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Day 2 was your best day by far. And you needed a good day 2 after that disastrous first night of the draft.

o_O

Let me guess: Flowers or Scherff, right? I didn't want to take a guard with my top ten pick when there's good ones in the second and fourth rounds.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Let me guess: Flowers or Scherff, right? I didn't want to take a guard with my top ten pick when there's good ones in the second and fourth rounds.

keanu-woah.jpg

You read my mind.

And actually, I'm OK with a pick that isn't on the OL at 10 - but it would need to be a pretty special player to be on the defensive side of the ball and still make me happy.

Memento

Name
Jemma
keanu-woah.jpg

You read my mind.

And actually, I'm OK with a pick that isn't on the OL at 10 - but it would need to be a pretty special player to be on the defensive side of the ball and still make me happy.

Leonard Williams. Amari Cooper. Kevin White. Those are the only guys that would change my mind on getting an offensive lineman (that isn't Flowers, Scherff, or Humphries) in the first round. And they aren't falling to ten.

iced

Leonard Williams. Amari Cooper. Kevin White. Those are the only guys that would change my mind on getting an offensive lineman (that isn't Flowers, Scherff, or Humphries) in the first round. And they aren't falling to ten.

I'd add Parker to that list, imo. He's with those top 3 as potential stud receivers

Memento

Name
Jemma
I'd add Parker to that list, imo. He's with those top 3 are potential studs

Fair enough. Parker. He won't be there when we pick either: Minnesota, Cleveland, San Fran, or Baltimore are going to try to leapfrog us for him, preferably with New York, who probably has a later offensive lineman in mind.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay

Adding to your list, I couldn't blame the Rams for too long if they took Fowler, Parker, or even Gurley.

We just differ in what we want out of a first round lineman. I'll deal with some sloppiness for the right temperament. Scherff and Flowers both have the football attitude that you want to see and seemingly fit what the Rams want to do.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Adding to your list, I couldn't blame the Rams for too long if they took Fowler, Parker, or even Gurley.

We just differ in what we want out of a first round lineman. I'll deal with some sloppiness for the right temperament. Scherff and Flowers both have the football attitude that you want to see and seemingly fit what the Rams want to do.

Fair enough. I believe that Peat (and definitely Clemmings) gets a lot of flak for things that he has done well. Meanwhile, there are legitimate concerns about Scherff and Flowers that are blatantly ignored by a lot of draft "experts" in the media. I'd rather have a reliable bookend than a turnstile. I've seen enough turnstiles to last me a lifetime.

iced

Fair enough. Parker. He won't be there when we pick either: Minnesota, Cleveland, San Fran, or Baltimore are going to try to leapfrog us for him, preferably with New York, who probably has a later offensive lineman in mind.

I think one of those 3 would be there.. I am afraid of the Giants trading back - but they need OL just as bad as we do, and I can't see them moving back if they truly covet someone should they fall into our laps

Athos

Legend

You can quote me as saying no chance in hell 3 WRs go top 9. Unless the Vikings have a raging hard-on for Parker.

Memento

Name
Jemma
You can quote me as saying no chance in hell 3 WRs go top 9. Unless the Vikings have a raging hard-on for Parker.

I think that four could end up going in the top nine. We don't know if Oakland's going to get enamored with Perriman like they did with DHB. You never know with the Davis family. And that'll start a run-on of wideouts. Oakland, Washington (because let's face it: nobody knows what Snyder's going to do either), the Jets, Chicago, and the three teams I mentioned, as well as the Rams. That's easily three wide receivers off the board.

I think one of those 3 would be there.. I am afraid of the Giants trading back - but they need OL just as bad as we do, and I can't see them moving back if they truly covet someone should they fall into our laps

You also have Atlanta who could easily trade back a few spots (to the Vikings) for a pass-rusher like Ray or Dupree. I don't think that the top three receivers are going to be there, and if Oakland takes Perriman, then it's going to start a bidding war of which the likes have rarely been seen.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Yep. No ridiculous trades that may or may not happen. I'm just taking players. Not even UDFAs because you can't predict that. Here's the draft:

-

#10 - Andrus Peat, OT, Stanford. 6'7", 313 lbs.

You all know my thoughts on Peat. Plug-and-play offensive tackle with significant upside. A dancing bear who gets far more flak than he deserves. Is he the best run-blocker? No. But I love him in pass-protection, and isn't that what we've been banging the table for? Someone who can actually block the numerous pass-rushers lining up against the right tackle? How long has it been since we've had a right tackle with that kind of talent? Jackie Slater? I'm not at all saying that Peat is going to be Slater, but if he wouldn't be the most talented right tackle we've had since the twenty-year Hall of Famer, then I want to see who is.

#41 - A.J. Cann, OG/C, South Carolina. 6'3", 313 lbs.

Cann is my second favorite offensive line prospect in this class. Not spectacular film, not great measurables, but this guy shows up to work and brings it on every play. He's actually a better run-blocker than Scherff or Flowers, and unlike them, you don't have to draft him high. Second round is a good fit for him. Another plug-and-play offensive lineman for our squad.

#72 - Paul Dawson, OLB/MLB, TCU. 6'1", 235 lbs.

Combine freak? Nope. Character issues? Yep. Hated by TCU teammates and coaches alike? Yep. Is Dawson the most talented and instinctive 4-3 linebacker in this class? You bet your ass he is. Just watch him play, and you'll see why scouts drool over his potential. If I'm Fisher, I draft this kid, stick him in Laurinaitis' hip pocket, let him learn from the most cerebral linebacker in the game right now, put him on special teams to cut his teeth at first, and then let him kick ass next year.

#119 - Jamil Douglas, OG, Arizona State. 6'4", 304.

Douglas may seem too light to be in a PBS. Don't let that fool you. This kid is strong as an ox, tough as nails, and a fantastic athlete at tackle who moves to guard because of height and arm length. Just check out this link. He needs work with technique, but I feel that you could get a potential starter here when Saffold is cut and Cann kicks to right guard. With Boudreau working on him, the tools and the toolbox are there. Douglas just has to unlock it.

#215 - Gavin Lutman, WR, Pittsburgh State (KS). 6'3", 214 lbs.

Hailing from the exact same college that John Brown (Cardinals) came from, Lutman was actually the better receiver in terms of physical tools. Yes, Brown was faster, but a 4.46 from Lutman isn't shabby. He's actually getting Jeff Janis comparisons, as he flat out dominated the Kansas Pro Day by posting what would have been the Combine's third best three cone time, the sixth best shuttle and broad jump, and the 2oth best vertical (36 inches). Scouts were actually quite furious at not even ranking this kid in their notes. He's not just a workout warrior, as he almost the exact same amount of production as Brown. A sexy pick? Nope. But he provides major insurance for Brian Quick at about a fraction of the cost.

#227 - Al-Hajj Shabazz, CB, West Chester. 6'1" 200 lbs.

Shabazz was one of the most impressive players in college football, getting Darrelle Revis-esque production with a Darrelle Revis-esque reputation (i.e., don't ever throw to this guy's side). He was excellent at the NFLPA Bowl in Los Angeles, was coached by Mike Martz, and was tutored by Andre Reed, Darrell Green, and Az-Zahir Hakim. He's tall, lengthy, and can play cornerback or free safety. He doesn't have the best measurables in terms of pure speed, but neither did E.J. Gaines, and both of them were practically shutdown corners in college.
I would be so happy if the draft turned out like this.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I think the forgotten guy in all of this tackle talk is La'el Collins.

Why aren't we talking about him again?

Memento

Name
Jemma
I think the forgotten guy in all of this tackle talk is La'el Collins.

Why aren't we talking about him again?

Because people are too busy wanting Scherff and/or Flowers. I love Collins as well; I just don't think he's been torn apart like Peat and Clemmings have.