Memento's St. Patty's Day Post-Combine Mock.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
All right, first day of free agency is done, and I'm ready for another mock. So, here it is:

TRADE:

Trumaine Johnson, #37, and #234 to the Cleveland Browns for #33, #65, and #108.

(Tru is worth a third and a fourth, especially if we add our current second round pick. Seventh round pick is the sweetener. And it allows us to add more in free agency.)

Free Agency:

Benny Cunningham
Greg Zuerlein
Ryan Groy
Kayvon Webster
Connor Barwin.

(Obvious additions. We sign Groy to a contract that Buffalo can't match, Barwin fits opposite Quinn, and Webster seems like a lock to join us, as of now.)

Convert:

Lamarcus Joyner (CB - FS).

(We need a free safety desperately, and Joyner fits the bill.)

Cody Wichmann (G - C)

(Wichmann's strength is poor at guard, but it would be great at center. He can back-up Groy.)

Draft:

#33 (Browns) - Tredavious White, CB, LSU.

#65 (Browns) - Gareon Conley, CB, Ohio State.

#69 - JuJu Smith-Schuster, WR, Southern California.

#108 (Browns) - Sidney Jones, CB, Washington.

#112 - Tanoh Kpassagnon, DE, Villanova.

#141 (Comp) - Jonnu Smith, TE, Florida International.

# 149 - Ejuan Price, OLB, Pittsburgh.

#189 - Jerry Ugokwe, OT, William & Mary.

# 206 (Dolphins) - Javancy Jones, OLB, Jackson State.

(Sidney Jones has a redshirt year before joining the squad in 2018. Meanwhile, Conley and White hold down the fort, along with Webster and possibly Gaines, if he's healthy. Smith joins Higbee and Hemingway as a compliment to their skillsets. Smith-Schuster starts at wide receiver. Price and Javancy Jones help with the backup pass-rush. Ugokwe spends a year developing behind Whitworth before taking over at right tackle when G-Rob leaves. And Kpassagnon is my favorite prospect in this entire draft, and he will be in each of my mocks for that reason.)

Thoughts, comments, critiques, all are welcome.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like this a lot. Might go a different WR depending on how the board falls because JuJu IMO is a lot like Woods. But I like JuJu so that's a minor thing. Good work.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Browns are a special case because of their cap space...but...

Hue Jackson is the HC of the team - not Gregg Williams. While TruJo would fit in his scheme, any coach and GM should have an issue with TruJo and his salary (and potential extension).

I believe that we franchised him because we wouldn't get a compensatory pick (outgoing/incoming salaries would have matched even if we let TruJo walk) next year and we didn't want to lose him for nothing.

I ultimately believe TruJo will be traded for something like a 4th round pick, and the Browns DO make sense for that. But TruJo+injury history+salary = not much compensation. He's likely not even a top 10 CB but he's paid like the top CB in the game.

When the dust settles we won't get much for TruJo IMO.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Fantastic offseason. However I feel it's a bit hopeful. Very much doubt Conley, Smith-Schuster and Jones are available at the spots you have us grabbing them. How epically amazing that would be though. Like mentioned above though, we kinda have our Smith-Schuster now. We might wanna go for a different type of WR.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like the players we are drafting, but here are the issues I have:
1. I don't like White in our scheme. I think there are better options at that slot. IMO, he's better off in an off man or zone scheme. I didn't like his transition when pressing. WRs tended to gain too much separation while he was turning to run.

2. Gareon Conley won't last to our 3rd. I wish he would, but I don't believe it'll happen. He had a monster Combine and has good film. He'd be a guy to consider with our 2nd round pick.

3. I like Juju, but I'm not sure if McVay will want to bring him aboard after picking up Woods. They would play the same role. It seems like McVay likes throwing deep. Grabbing Juju would leave us without a true vertical threat.

4. I think Tanoh doesn't make it out of the third round. He's too talented.

5. I've moved on from Ugokwe after his Combine performance. It was really bad.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Those guys from Ohio State....hell seems like all of them, won't last as long as you hope. Conley may be one of the best....Could be first buckeye off the board. So switch places with White...White's a slot type corner too...I'd pass on him all together cause I'm keeping Joyner in the slot...It's slot or bench for him...for me.
Tanoh is a beast....

I'm not into Ju Ju....Dareus Rodgers has better hands

I don't think Hue is crazy about losing picks...they are collectors...We'd probably have to attach a draft pick with Tru to trade him.

Where's the beef in this draft? No OL's....except for the guy from W&M....

Still, thanks for a looksie....Interesting take on needs at THIS moment.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm not into Ju Ju....Dareus Rodgers has better hands

Rogers does have better hands, but he doesn't have much else. Rogers has some of the best hands in this class. Problem is that he doesn't have the physical traits to separate or the size to be a pure possession WR. I don't see a guy who will be a starter in the NFL in Rogers.

Juju is a talented kid who should do well in the right role. Think he'll be a quality #2 WR.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I like the players we are drafting, but here are the issues I have:
1. I don't like White in our scheme. I think there are better options at that slot. IMO, he's better off in an off man or zone scheme. I didn't like his transition when pressing. WRs tended to gain too much separation while he was turning to run.

2. Gareon Conley won't last to our 3rd. I wish he would, but I don't believe it'll happen. He had a monster Combine and has good film. He'd be a guy to consider with our 2nd round pick.

3. I like Juju, but I'm not sure if McVay will want to bring him aboard after picking up Woods. They would play the same role. It seems like McVay likes throwing deep. Grabbing Juju would leave us without a true vertical threat.

4. I think Tanoh doesn't make it out of the third round. He's too talented.

5. I've moved on from Ugokwe after his Combine performance. It was really bad.

How about Conley, Darboh, and Kpassagnon with the first three picks? And I don't really count Combine performances as anything, really. Haven't made that mistake since Vontaze Burfict. So I still have hope for Ugokwe.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How about Conley, Darboh, and Kpassagnon with the first three picks? And I don't really count Combine performances as anything, really. Haven't made that mistake since Vontaze Burfict. So I still have hope for Ugokwe.

Yea, I think that works. Although, I wouldn't really consider Darboh to be a vertical threat either.