Mel Kiper’s No. 1 Overall NFL Draft Prospects

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Mel Kiper Jr. discusses the four players who merit consideration for the No. 1 pick in the 2015 NFL draft and where he ranks Florida State QB Jameis Winston. His 4 prospects are: QB Marcus Mariota, DE Randy Gregory, DE Leonard Williams, DE Shane Ray.

Watch Kiper's Top Prospects

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
th

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
No. Just...no on Shane Ray. I love the dude as a player, and he's going to be a top ten pick, but number one overall? No. Over Williams, Gregory, and Winston? No fucking way.

Athos

Legend
Kiper is an idiot and the teams picking 1st won't likely be choosing a DE and Williams will be the 1st DE off the board........but Ray is still a beast and will go top 10.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
No. Just...no on Shane Ray. I love the dude as a player, and he's going to be a top ten pick, but number one overall? No. Over Williams, Gregory, and Winston? No freaking way.
I am a Mizzou alum and I watch their games. Shane Ray is an athletic freak. He is going to be a big time DE or OLB on a 3-4 team in the NFL. He's better than Aldon Smith and without the baggage. We would be lucky to get him. He will be a star. He has 12 sacks and still has three regular season games to go...this is in the SEC mind you

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I am a Mizzou alum and I watch their games. Shane Ray is an athletic freak. He is going to be a big time DE or OLB on a 3-4 team in the NFL. He's better than Aldon Smith and without the baggage. We would be lucky to get him. He will be a star. He has 12 sacks and still has three regular season games to go...this is in the SEC mind you

I'm a diehard Mizzou fan who has watched every game since the beginning of the Pinkel era, and while Ray is an athletic freak, Aldon Smith was something else entirely. 6'5", 275 lbs. who put up all of his stats with pretty much nobody taking the pressure off of him (while Ray has Markus Golden, Harold Brantley, and Josh Augusta, who are /all/ amazing prospects.) Could drop into coverage, beat the left tackle every way that someone can possibly be beat. And while Smith does have a ton of baggage, none of that showed when he was at Mizzou.

Athos

Legend
Aldon Smith was something else entirely. 6'5", 275 lbs. who put up all of his stats with pretty much nobody taking the pressure off of him

Eh. I loved me some Aldon Smith in college, and he has a freakish body, but he played against a lot of inferior talent back in the Big Loser Conference.

Ray could potentially be Von Miller 2.0 Similar body types. Ray has insane explosion and speed. Mmm.