Megacon

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Anybody ever been to one of these conventions/shows? My 13 yr old daughter wants to go this year in Orlando and I was wondering if she or I would enjoy it. What do you do at one anyways?

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
I thought we were talking about a new transformers movie I have no idea what megacon is

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I went to Comicon way back in 2001, and I've been to 2 Blizzcons. Basically, there's going to be a lot of waiting in line... and there's going to be a lot of things to buy. But there are also interesting panels to attend and that's probably the key.

I'd look at the schedule and see if you can schedule out a list of panels to attend that you'd be interested in. If you can, go. If not, maybe it's not for you. Also, I advise returning to your hotel room (assuming you are staying in one during the con) and ordering food there rather than eating at the con. Prices there are going to be inflated.

Bear in mind that cons also have a notoriously bad rep for people showing up with little knowledge of or care about personal hygeine... so if that bothers you, you'll want to be aware of that.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
You better give me a shout Bo if you decide to come to O-Town.

Never been to the event you're thinking bout, but it's HUGE.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I went to WizardWorld this past November. It's essentially booths full of geeky and nerdy pop culture stuff. Marvel, DC, Power Rangers, Ninja Turtles, etc. Lots of merchandise there, but a lot of it is really expensive and you can get ripped off if you aren't careful. There's panels too that are free where actors/writers for movies and tv shows talk about them, but depending what city you are in can range from having the cast of The Avengers to random nobodies. The latter is what I got to experience.

There's also celebs which you can pay extra for and personally meet and get their autographs and take pics with them.

Tons of weirdos in cos play. Be prepared for some extremely weird people. And some cosplay looks amazing. Especially skanks dressed as Psylocke (which you should say no if your daughter dresses like that).

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Especially skanks dressed as Psylocke (which you should say no if your daughter dresses like that).
Witchblade is probably right out for Ramhusker's daughter cosplay as well... ;)

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
My daughter is into the amine thing and minecraft. She is getting pretty good at sketching characters and coming up with a few of her own. She has actually been sketching some characters for some online friends of hers that are writing stories. And I get the whole grunge thing associated with the comic cult. That's why it's a pretty short lease on my daughter when it comes to this.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You better give me a shout Bo if you decide to come to O-Town.

Never been to the event you're thinking bout, but it's HUGE.

Definitely coming the weekend of April 10th and 11th. Daughter has a band trip to Universal and we just bought season passes so will be down a couple of more times to get value out of that grand I dropped for them. We need to get together at least one of these times bro!