Medical Alert!! Major warning...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
For those of you in So. Cal!! Their is a major out-break of "Croup" in Southern California! My Grand-Daughter came down with it right after the SB!
This effects Toddlers, and small Children, who's Lungs haven't developed yet!! ( My Grand-Daughter is 17 months Old)
It's very contagious the first 3 days, and very painful to the children! The first couple of days, if they contract it, plan on getting no Sleep. My granddaughter lives with me so I've had a major part in her care! It lasts about a week, So she's better now!
But!! The Big side effect, to me! Is Because I'm Older, and suffer from COPD, I contracted it from her. So now I'm quite ill.
My point is KEEP an eye on your young Children, and any elderly around should you child come down with the Croup!

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Thank u for posting.... My 2 yr old has been coughing badly the last few days.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thank u for posting.... My 2 yr old has been coughing badly the last few days.
If your hearing a wising sound, or if there's labored breathing, Go to the Doctors!! Hope your Baby is well!! (y)

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
For those of you in So. Cal!! Their is a major out-break of "Croup" in Southern California! My Grand-Daughter came down with it right after the SB!
This effects Toddlers, and small Children, who's Lungs haven't developed yet!! ( My Grand-Daughter is 17 months Old)
It's very contagious the first 3 days, and very painful to the children! The first couple of days, if they contract it, plan on getting no Sleep. My granddaughter lives with me so I've had a major part in her care! It lasts about a week, So she's better now!
But!! The Big side effect, to me! Is Because I'm Older, and suffer from COPD, I contracted it from her. So now I'm quite ill.
My point is KEEP an eye on your young Children, and any elderly around should you child come down with the Croup!
Get well quick, Dave! Don't have any little people around me so not an issue here.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I got really sick back in mid November with what I thought was a cold, but it hung around for over a week and was marked by horrible coughing.

It didn't have Croup's "bark" sound to the cough, but there were lots of reports of it going around locally back then. As a substitute teacher, I tend to get exposed to a lot of kids when work is active.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
If your hearing a wising sound, or if there's labored breathing, Go to the Doctors!! Hope your Baby is well!! (y)
Thank you very much.

Seems like all 4 of us have been sick with one thing or another since around Halloween. It's our oldest's 1st year of preschool, and we seem to be getting everything right now.

I think our youngest is okay, she is not whistling, and we're keeping humidifiers and water boiling to keep the air moist inside the house. It just gets a little old after months of constant illness.

Hope you and your grand-daughter are doing better. This stuff is certainly no fun, especially when you're no longer in your 30's or early 40's :)

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Just took my son to the DRs on friday, hes got a bad cough with the sound of alot of phlegm but he said he feels fine other than the cough. She gave him some antibiotics, it might be a small case of bronchitis. Every one has been sick around me for like 3 weeks now and i got sick but beat it in a day or so.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Ridiculous cold and flu season in general. This is the first time I have EVER gotten a cold when I wasn't done with the last one. My wife bought me some of this green superfood stuff and I have been powering down the vitamin C crystals. Seems to be waning away finally. Had some sort of cold crap since a week before Christmas.

Hope all your young ones are getting better. It's always hard to watch the little ones suffer from bad sicknesses.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Goodness...I hope that you and your granddaughter get well soon, Dave.