McVay's 1st Big Pitch!!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
..... For the Dodgers that is! I just thought I would post this for all the Rams/Dodger Fans here at ROD!!

McVay-Dodgers-First-Pitch1.jpg

"Talk about McVay being an Intense HC!!"

McVay-First-Pitch2.jpg

AP_17.jpg

McVay-Dodgers-First-Pitch-5.jpg

McVay-Dodgers-First-Pitch6.jpg

tempMcVay-Dodgers-.jpg

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Love the coach bit frankly I was disappointed. Just look at his expression. Nothing more than a lob and based on everything up to this point, I expected a serious strike with more heat. Dare I say, it was a fisher ball.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
When you throw out a 1st pitch like that... the most important thing you want to make sure of is... DON'T BOUNCE THE BALL IN FRONT OF THE PLATE! The velocity of the ball does not matter... you just have to get it to the catcher's mitt without bouncing the ball.

I can't tell from the pics where the ball ended up ?

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
When you throw out a 1st pitch like that... the most important thing you want to make sure of is... DON'T BOUNCE THE BALL IN FRONT OF THE PLATE! The velocity of the ball does not matter... you just have to get it to the catcher's mitt without bouncing the ball.

I didn't see this live, and there where no still shots showing the catch or reports on weather he Made it across the plate or not. so IDK if he bounced it or what!;):D

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg

totally agree that the worst would be throwing short of the plate. I'd rather throw a wild pitch that takes out the photographer, however, you do need some velocity to get it over the plate unless it's a serious lob. Can't tell if it made it