McVay might prepare Rams for silent snap counts because L.A. fans are outnumbered

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JackStraw

Rookie
All I know is that over the past 2 weeks Ram's have won over a ton of fans who may have been on the fence. They're the best show in town. We;ll never be a top 10 home field advantage but there are lots of new Ram's fans IMO. The fans who have been there since day one will be louder and more ecstatic that ever.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I’m really not trying to start anything, but is there a reason why LA can’t have a big crowd? I seem to remember we sold out the pre season game vs Dallas last year. We’re a much better team now. What gives?

When they first moved I was salty AF and thought LA could never support a football team again, let alone two. I really hope I’m wrong.
Something that many of ya'll maybe don't realize or remember (especially those of you far East of the Rocky mountains) is that cities like Phoenix, LA, San Diego, San Francisco etc...are transplant destinations. There are so many residents that are simply fans of the team from the city from which they grew up in and came from before they grew older and moved West. It's just a fact.
No one moves to NE, Pittsburgh, Chicago, Philadelphia, Cleveland, Milwaukee, New York....after spending the first 30 years of their life in LA, SD or Phoenix. Lol.

Winning consistently is the key and certainly helps(obviously), but you're always going to get large chunks of local RESIDENT fans going to local games as fans of other teams.

Even when the Cardinals have been good, you go the games here and there's this illusion that the visiting teams always travel so well...but those fans wearing Eagles, Packers, Cowboys, Steelers, Broncos, Patriots, Giants jerseys LIVE HERE. They moved here where the weather is nice & warm(fucking hot) and boring. :)

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Yep, @Mojo Ram that's how I know I'm the odd one in the bunch.

I'm trying to move to the snow when it seems everyone else is moving away from it.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Yep, @Mojo Ram that's how I know I'm the odd one in the bunch.

I'm trying to move to the snow when it seems everyone else is moving away from it.
Yeah i'm outta here in just a few years when both my daughters are over 18. Either Flagstaff or the Northwest.
I'm so tired of 9 months of summer, 3 months of scorched Earth and no seasons. No rain except for quick monsoons in summer and one week in December, sunny sunny sunny and more sunny. 48 years of this shit.

The transplants can have it. I understand why they love it here.
It's all relative though.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's a shame that a 9-3 team in first place has to worry about crowd noise in their home stadium . I don't get it .

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Well, crap... Just look at the game /tailgate threads here. We have more posts about meetups in OTHER states than we do for the freaking games here in So Cal.

Most of the posters here are not from LA that's why.

Even when the Cardinals have been good, you go the games here and there's this illusion that the visiting teams always travel so well...but those fans wearing Eagles, Packers, Cowboys, Steelers, Broncos, Patriots, Giants jerseys LIVE HERE. They moved here where the weather is nice & warm(freaking hot) and boring. :)

Living in SWFL I know what you mean. Nobody is from here, meeting a person over 30 that was born in Florida is a rarity.

If you go to any baseball, basketball, football or hockey venue you'll see loads of fans of the opposing team. Florida has a population of over 20 million people, a majority of the people over 40 are from somewhere else.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Yeah i'm outta here in just a few years when both my daughters are over 18. Either Flagstaff or the Northwest.
I'm so tired of 9 months of summer, 3 months of scorched Earth and no seasons. No rain except for quick monsoons in summer and one week in December, sunny sunny sunny and more sunny. 48 years of this crap.

The transplants can have it. I understand why they love it here.
It's all relative though.

Same here in FL except instead of 9 months of summer and 3 months of scorched earth, we get 9 months of crotch rot and swamp foot followed by 3 months of milder crotch rot and swamp foot that draws half of every old person in the nation to drive insanely bad and complain at every person in every store...

Oh, and the craziest people on the planet are native Floridians. It's not even a diss, it's just a fact of life. They even have a game here, Alien or Floridian, where you have to guess in a story is the news story made up about aliens or did it actually happen in Florida to a native Floridian. I thought it'd be easy and fun. I barely got half right and I won going away.

Totally agree that the transplants can have it.