McVay might prepare Rams for silent snap counts because L.A. fans are outnumbered

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
Guys you all are over hyping this shit. It’s not going be any different than when the Seashits play at the Collisium. They have a decent amount of fans and make a tiny bit of noise but it doesn’t amount to anything.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
I see more Eagle and Steelers fans than most any other teams in SoCal. TONS of PA transplants. So not a shocker. My current and my ex- wife were from PA....LOL. Hell... my nephew and Bro in law are Eagle fans. Gonna be TONS of eagle fans at the game. Back in the Anaheim days I remember Lots of Eagle, Giants, Green Bay fans at those games.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
The best way to shut down the noise level of opposing fans is to take an early lead. Two quick touchdowns while our defense throws two consecutive 3 and outs will shut them up faster than a church sermon.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Guys you all are over hyping this crap. It’s not going be any different than when the Seashits play at the Collisium. They have a decent amount of fans and make a tiny bit of noise but it doesn’t amount to anything.

I dunno I went to skins game and there was a ton of them

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Can you imagine the Packers, Giants or Bears playing Oakland in Vegas in December?

Haha I had to read that twice FYI.

I'm sure they can put a good group together, but "outnumbering" the LA fans wont happen. That's just sensationalizing it and I would be pretty surprised if the Rams added any silent snap counts. I'm not buying the story at all.

I agree this is all hype. I'm sure Eagles fans will be there in large numbers and will be loud, and as @PhillyRam pointed out there will be fights. Eagles fans are obnoxious.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well it's good to be prepared I suppose. But if the Rams end up needing to go silent count at home on offense I'm going to be pi$$ed.

socalrams90

Starter
Have a coworker who is a philly fan. Says there have been lots of groups planning trips. Says the charger game gave them more motivation to repeat at the coliseum. Add in the successful season and its a recipe for a huge away crowd.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
There were a lot of Saints fans 2 weeks ago at the Coliseum as well. I'm sure we'll be fine, it's just a matter of our run defense not being gashed by Ajayi and Blount.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
This team is exciting as hell. They should be a really hot ticket right now - I expect LA to be there this weekend.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Maybe McVay should treat it as a road game. Do everything they do for a road game minus the flight. We've been road warriors this year.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
.12inthBox, 196$ for an end zone nose bleed seat. Is that hot enough?:fuelfire:

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Well opposing team fans have been loud and united in the games at the coliseum this year expect more of the same with Philly. The Aints were very well and loudly represented.
There is a learning curve to attending a game not difficult but it still exists. Ram fans are partially represented by a generation that has not attended NFL games not their fault just a fact. Other fans are knowledgeable and devoted just to make the trek out. Ram fans need to know to be quiet when we are pre snap and vocal when the opposing team is lots believe it or not just don't know the subtleties. Philly fans will likely be a pre snap factor hope not but chances are they will. Early success from our boys will help to offset this.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
Well opposing team fans have been loud and united in the games at the coliseum this year expect more of the same with Philly. The Aints were very well and loudly represented.
There is a learning curve to attending a game not difficult but it still exists. Ram fans are partially represented by a generation that has not attended NFL games not their fault just a fact. Other fans are knowledgeable and devoted just to make the trek out. Ram fans need to know to be quiet when we are pre snap and vocal when the opposing team is lots believe it or not just don't know the subtleties. Philly fans will likely be a pre snap factor hope not but chances are they will. Early success from our boys will help to offset this.
Had a man and woman want to fight me for me trying to tell them to be quiet when the Rams were on offense late in the 4th against Washington. There are plenty of stupid people wearing Rams gear attending games. I like watching the game with people who are as tuned into the subtleties like I am. I simply didn't see that in my experience at the Coliseum. Makes it an easy choice to save the dough and time and watch at home.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's horrible watching from miles away and seeing the stadium full of the other teams supporters. In fact it's almost a bit embarrassing. Still it's all good when you see them trudging out, heads down when the Rams have turned them over big time.

Last edited:

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
The fans did a good job during the Texans game. The Texans don't travel well though, especially after just losing the guy who turned their season around.

I sat on the visitor side and one odd thing was that I was in a row full of Cowboys fans. They had season tickets and were rooting for the Rams, but wearing Cowboys gear. I don't think I've ever seen anything like that.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
Well, shit... Just look at the game /tailgate threads here. We have more posts about meetups in OTHER states than we do for the freaking games here in So Cal.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Exactly.
Go to a warm weather city.
Can you imagine the Packers, Giants or Bears playing Oakland in Vegas in December?
Now that's a great long weekend trip for a game. Will be 80% visiting fans.
Vegas is going to be great for the Raiduhs I suspect. That will be a tough ticket for the very reason you bring up here. They will likely and honestly sell out their games.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Yeah there may be a very large gaggle of Eagle fans, but if anyone really believes they will outnumber Rams fans then they are sadly mistaken