McSnead draft to Cure "Dropped Ball Syndrome"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
Yeah, I think Thomas sticks, and hopefully his hands will become sticky...he has great feet, but a player like him, plus ST ability. I'd be shocked if he was cut. I still think he can be a threat, also. Reynolds, my favorite pick in this draft, has true #1 potential, which means he may be a diva. I don't want him covering kicks...I want him catching TD's.

Reynolds. If he doesn't blow up. I'm done as a Rams fan, I'm done, as an evaluater. I'm done, as a person. He touches me in the way, that when I used to climb the rope in gym class. :love:

ROFL! Wow ahahahahah

Serious note, I agree. I also think Kupp can be a #1 too.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Yeah, I think Thomas sticks, and hopefully his hands will become sticky...he has great feet, but a player like him, plus ST ability. I'd be shocked if he was cut. I still think he can be a threat, also. Reynolds, my favorite pick in this draft, has true #1 potential, which means he may be a diva. I don't want him covering kicks...I want him catching TD's.

Reynolds. If he doesn't blow up. I'm done as a Rams fan, I'm done, as an evaluater. I'm done, as a person. He touches me in the way, that when I used to climb the rope in gym class. :love:

This is serious!

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Lol Thomas hands and sticky should never be in the same post.
wingers-sticky-fingers-7t.jpg

These are verified, Thomas fingers....geez.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Serious as a STD!

They usually go away easier than the craziness that gave it to you.

STD's & Sticky fingers can go hand in hand.

rolling-stones-sticky-fingers-2005-insert.jpg
or something like that.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Alright I have to bite on this and say that the hand size thing is not really a thing. Someone has actually tried to statistically prove it matters, but there's just no statistical correlation to hand size and WR drops: https://www.playerprofiler.com/article/combine-hand-size-nfl-player-profile-advanced-stats-metrics/
hmmm...interesting...not a large enough sample size...rookies definitely shouldn't be in here either as a comparison. They skew the stats....Focus/concentration drops...and the contested catch thing...I mean, if you have big hands, that's cool, but it doesn't mean you can JUMP and actually let your hands get in there and do their work. If the pros measure hand size, for the specific purposes of seeing who has an advantage, I'm using it too....eye test says, Tavon has small hands...and drops the ball. A ton...easy...non-contested....In fact, I think I saw where Mike Thomas has small hands too.
Higbee has large hands...and had drops. I think the speed and physicality of the game took it's toll...with the losing. He wasn't the same to me after the Dallas preseason game....He took some hellacious hits....But I believe in Higbee's hands. It's his mind I'm worried about.
Funny to see North listed....I think this kid has a chance to do something in the league. Not because of his hands, but all the other measurables.
Concentration to me is the number one cause of pros dropping passes. It can be overcome by constant work...Juggs machines...Working with the QB extra...Knowing what the hell you're supposed to do, so you don't have to think while running a route. Big hands help some be natural catchers...of course, that's if all else things are equal...and they rarely are.

Zero

Pro Bowler
I have High hopes that Spruce will get a Roster spot! If Spruce can stay Healthy he will make the Team!JMHO

Same here.If Spruce remains healthy I think he makes the team.
He fits the McVay mold.Excellent route runner with great hands.
Counting WR position groups is a waste of time.
If a player can run good routes and catch the ball,McVay will
figure out a way to use him.
If Thomas shows in camp and pre-season the same thing he did last year.
he will not make the team.Unlike Fisher, McVay will require WR's who catch
the football.The notion that receivers will make the team solely off of their
Special Teams is far fetched.Especially for a McVay coached team.

Zero

Pro Bowler
Mike Thomas definitely is the most naturally gifted WR besides Tavon.

Disagree.That title would go to Josh Reynolds
However if your looking for a title to give Thomas
I recommend Most overrated player on the team.
I don't think I have ever seen so much love given to
a player,that has done nothing but play terrible since he got here.
I think it's time to let go of that highlight reel.

jap

Legend
After the selection of Cooper Kupp, Reynolds, and Everett, I think the handwriting is on the wall for Mike Thomas. if he wants to get any serious reps on game days in a receiving role, he has to seriously upgrade his hands. Yes, the ST play should get him on the final roster, but he wants to catch passes. What's the point of running great routes if all you're gonna do is drop the damn rock anyway? Let's get it going, Mike! We want to seriously frighten the living daylights out of everyone who plays us this season and going forward through the coming years!

Zero

Pro Bowler
Yea but Thomas likely sticks because he's a deep threat and an amazing STer.

He may have made the team off ST's alone on a fisher team,but I think he is going to have to run decent
routes and catch the ball to play on McVay's team.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He may have made the team off ST's alone on a fisher team,but I think he is going to have to run decent
routes and catch the ball to play on McVay's team.

McVay retaining Fassel shows that he knows how valuable the special teams units are. I have a lot of complaints about Fisher, but I'll never complain about the emphasis he put on having quality special teams units.