McSnead draft to Cure "Dropped Ball Syndrome"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
i'm happy with the wrs right now.

the 6 pick themselves. tavon, woods, kupp, cooper, spruce, thomas.

no way i'd let thomas go. a special team beast that can work on his wr skills to become a game changing wr. looks like he can get open deep with ease. just needs to get his hand-eye coordination in sync.

And Reynolds. Someone will be moving on. Tavon won't be around next season IMO. His contract doesn't equal production

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And Reynolds. Someone will be moving on. Tavon won't be around next season IMO. His contract doesn't equal production

I'm pretty sure i made that post before they drafted Reynolds. Only locks for this year are tavon, woods, kupp and Reynolds. Gonna be a good battle in training camp.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I don't expect Spruce to be on the team especially if we draft a receiver in the 4th

Tavon
Woods
Cooper
Kupp
Thomas.

Not going to be any snaps in the slot especially when Everett is essentially a big slot receiver
Even with the addition of Josh Reynolds, I expect the Rams to carry 6 WR's on their 53 man Roster, not count whoever they are able to stash on the PS. There will be quite a Battle going on in OTA's-Mini Camp and pre-season!
I have High hopes that Spruce will get a Roster spot! If Spruce can stay Healthy he will make the Team!JMHO

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Yea but Thomas likely sticks because he's a deep threat and an amazing STer. Teams often keep core special teamers. Thomas could make a team solely based on that ability. He does need to show improvement with his hands, though.
I'm wondering, if Reynolds can be Just as good, or even better as a deep threat, and as good on ST!?!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
He'll be here at least next season, no chance McVay doesn't want to get a crack at his ability, just needs to use him correctly.
I agree! I think if anyone can find a way to use Tavon "Properly" it's McVay!! I think Tavon could have the type of year we have all been waiting for! (y);):D

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
These 4 are set:

Tavon Austin
Cooper Kupp
Josh Reynolds
Robert Woods

And these guys are going to have to fight for their places - I'd say just 1 extra (possibly 2) on the final 52 and 2 on the Practice Squad. Who will earn their ST stripes to stick around??

Pharoh Cooper
Bradley Marquez
Marquez North
Brandon Shippen
Nelson Spruce
Mike Thomas

I'll be looking at making a way too early final 52 roster in the next few days btw ;)

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
These 4 are set:

Tavon Austin
Cooper Kupp
Josh Reynolds
Robert Woods

And these guys are going to have to fight for their places - I'd say just 1 extra (possibly 2) on the final 52 and 2 on the Practice Squad. Who will earn their ST stripes to stick around??

Pharoh Cooper
Bradley Marquez
Marquez North
Brandon Shippen
Nelson Spruce
Mike Thomas

I'll be looking at making a way too early final 52 roster in the next few days btw ;)
You mean 53 - right? Or did I miss something?

lockdnram21

Legend
Even with the addition of Josh Reynolds, I expect the Rams to carry 6 WR's on their 53 man Roster, not count whoever they are able to stash on the PS. There will be quite a Battle going on in OTA's-Mini Camp and pre-season!
I have High hopes that Spruce will get a Roster spot! If Spruce can stay Healthy he will make the Team!JMHO
Spruce doesnt play special teams and there's a lot players ahead... I think 5 are locked down last spot is going to be a teamer imo

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Spruce doesnt play special teams and there's a lot players ahead... I think 5 are locked down last spot is going to be a teamer imo
I'm just going to take a wait-and-see attitude about this. It's too early in the process to tell!

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I'm going to be sad seeing whoever gets cut this year. I have a feeling 2nd year guys are really going to step up. Mike Thomas definitely is the most naturally gifted WR besides Tavon.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I think some rookies may also have some drop issues....I really think Everett may have problems with those small ass hands....sheesh!
I'm wondering, if Reynolds can be Just as good, or even better as a deep threat, and as good on ST!?!
Great deep threat.....doesn't appear to be a ST stud...too thin....didn't do it at Texas A&M.

There was a wr...outta N. Carolina....6'4....ST monster! I thought we'd take him...great deep threat for that QB that went to Chicago....Mack Hollins is his name....he was taken right after Reynolds in the 4th...double sheeesh!

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I don't know.
Yeah, I think Thomas sticks, and hopefully his hands will become sticky...he has great feet, but a player like him, plus ST ability. I'd be shocked if he was cut. I still think he can be a threat, also. Reynolds, my favorite pick in this draft, has true #1 potential, which means he may be a diva. I don't want him covering kicks...I want him catching TD's.

Reynolds. If he doesn't blow up. I'm done as a Rams fan, I'm done, as an evaluater. I'm done, as a person. He touches me in the way, that when I used to climb the rope in gym class. :love:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
So....I'm hanging my hat on Reynolds....Lol.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I don't have a whole lot of faith in Thomas as a wideout. Don't like his hands, speed is ok and his route running isn't bad but he's still going to be on the bottom fighting for his roster spot. The guy is a great gunner, but he is going to need to show significant growth as a receiver to have a shot and I'm just not sure he can jump any of these guys let alone the holdover talent.

I've said this before, but I still think he should have been a FS back in college. Probably would have been better off there, as he has range and some ball skills but also great tracking and tackling ability that is natural. But anyway, I think he's got as good a chance as anyone of being cut. Him, Spruce, and Cooper are all going to be playing for their lives.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I don't have a whole lot of faith in Thomas as a wideout. Don't like his hands, speed is ok and his route running isn't bad but he's still going to be on the bottom fighting for his roster spot. The guy is a great gunner, but he is going to need to show significant growth as a receiver to have a shot and I'm just not sure he can jump any of these guys let alone the holdover talent.

I've said this before, but I still think he should have been a FS back in college. Probably would have been better off there, as he has range and some ball skills but also great tracking and tackling ability that is natural. But anyway, I think he's got as good a chance as anyone of being cut. Him, Spruce, and Cooper are all going to be playing for their lives.
No ST love, at all?

Harder to cover the X and Z.

The whY. Have that, now.

Last edited: