McSnead draft to Cure "Dropped Ball Syndrome"

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Everett and Kupp both regarded as having sure hands. Along with Spruce and if they get signifigant snaps, rams should not see as many dropped passes.

Expect Goff's completion % to go up.

lockdnram21

Legend
I don't expect Spruce to be on the team especially if we draft a receiver in the 4th

Tavon
Woods
Cooper
Kupp
Thomas.

Not going to be any snaps in the slot especially when Everett is essentially a big slot receiver

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
I think we keep 6... leaving the last spot for Spruce.

We're pretty much set at WR/TE. Now the real work begins.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
I don't expect Spruce to be on the team especially if we draft a receiver in the 4th

Tavon
Woods
Cooper
Kupp
Thomas.

Not going to be any snaps in the slot especially when Everett is essentially a big slot receiver
If anyone should worry there, it should be Thomas. Only one in the group with the knack for drops.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i can't see spruce getting beat out in camp. he moves too well and catches the ball too well to be on the cutting block.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If anyone should worry there, it should be Thomas. Only one in the group with the knack for drops.

Yea but Thomas likely sticks because he's a deep threat and an amazing STer. Teams often keep core special teamers. Thomas could make a team solely based on that ability. He does need to show improvement with his hands, though.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yea but Thomas likely sticks because he's a deep threat and an amazing STer. Teams often keep core special teamers. Thomas could make a team solely based on that ability. He does need to show improvement with his hands, though.

i'm happy with the wrs right now.

the 6 pick themselves. tavon, woods, kupp, cooper, spruce, thomas.

no way i'd let thomas go. a special team beast that can work on his wr skills to become a game changing wr. looks like he can get open deep with ease. just needs to get his hand-eye coordination in sync.

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe

It was his first season, in a season that was notoriously disastrous... even for Fisher. Give the young lad some slack! Though, if he has the same problem this year, there may be some eyebrows raised.

jap

Legend
Everett and Kupp both regarded as having sure hands. Along with Spruce and if they get significant snaps, rams should not see as many dropped passes.

Expect Goff's completion % to go up.

This . . . combined with the fact that Jared slings a very catchable ball should help insure a high catch retention rate.

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
This . . . combined with the fact that Jared slings a very catchable ball should help insure a high catch retention rate.

(I agree with you but...) Do you think Jared throws a little too hard? Like almost Bullet pass ish? Could that be a problem?

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I have heard the opposite about Everett. There was a stat about him dropping 9.26% of his passes or something. Attributed a lot to his small hands.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
(I agree with you but...) Do you think Jared throws a little too hard? Like almost Bullet pass ish? Could that be a problem?

Nah. That tends to be something you see in rookies as they adjust to NFL speed. As Goff gets more comfortable, he'll show off the touch that helped get him drafted #1.

Debacled

Starter
I like me some Everett, but he had nearly a 10% drop rate last year. Small hand problem. Appears to be a bit of a body catcher as well that doesn't extend his frame efficiently.....yet.

Still excited about the acquisitions

BuffaloRam

Pro Bowler
Let's make it happen on Offense this year! I am praying for a cure to our woes and it's time for the Rams to stand up.

tempests

Hall of Fame
Like penalties and missed tackles, drops are always going to be there, even for playoff bound teams. They get magnified around here because the Rams don't shake it off and respond with an 18 yard completion on the next play.

The question is will there be enough big plays, 3rd down and red zone conversions so drops don't impact drives or the game as much.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Don't discount Michael Thomas. The guy can get open. I know he has some drops, but if he can get open consistently it will free up everyone else. Receivers typically show tremendous improvement after year one, and I'm hoping Thomas becomes a star. Jared Goff now has plenty of young weapons to choose from, and he needs to connect with a couple of these guys.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Don't discount Michael Thomas. The guy can get open. I know he has some drops, but if he can get open consistently it will free up everyone else. Receivers typically show tremendous improvement after year one, and I'm hoping Thomas becomes a star. Jared Goff now has plenty of young weapons to choose from, and he needs to connect with a couple of these guys.
True ... if he comes along like he should, he does add some speed dimension to our scheme. I still think they go WR one more time in this draft today. they did tons of homework on the later rd. speed guys like KD Cannon and such. It's another trait that I have noticed under McVay is the propensity to create competition at all spots. Remember , he brought in at least one FA to EVERY personnel group through FAgency. That really impressed me, especially with the limited cap $$$ we had. And internal competition is what builds great teams like Seattle and New England (damn that was hard to say). It instills in the team mindset that you can't rest or slack. Under Fisher, too many guys rested on their laurels and had that feeling of "safety" because they had nobody pushing them for their jobs.

jap

Legend

Like Jrry said, Jared has the Golden Touch. Sam Bradford, now, used to throw the ball really hard, even at short distances.

InnovatedMind

NO MA'AM President
Name
Joe
Anyone notice that our coaching staff likes Blonde haired surfer kids?

McVay
Snead
Goff
Kupp

We belong in Cali!!!