McDaniels/Cable bow out of 49ers coaching search/Kyle Shanahan to be offered job

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Damn it. I'm sad. PLEASE BE TOM CABLE!

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Reporter: Rams signed McVay, looks like it's the 9ers left Josh.

McDaniels: On second thought, I'm kinda busy with the playoffs.

lockdnram21

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0612688172194733887-4

Josh McDaniels on removing name from consideration for 49ers job: "I was really impressed with Jed York and Paraag [Marathe], and Brian, and people that came for the 49ers organization. They did a great job with their presentation. Again, humbled to be included in that process. At this time, it's just best for my family and myself to remain here in New England, and focus on this year's playoffs and finish out the year however it turns out."

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Josh McDaniels on removing name from consideration for 49ers job: "I was really impressed with Jed York and Paraag [Marathe], and Brian, and people that came for the 49ers organization. They did a great job with their presentation.
Wait. Who was interviewing who there?

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Well, you can't exactly call an owner a dumpster fire in the media if you ever want to be a HC, can you?

I have doubts that Shanny takes tha job. Almost all of that O is back next year.

So, he can have tons of wins and glory and really be set up to be THE guy next year... or... be stuck getting the last job going to one of the most dysfunctional organizations in the NFL.

Wouldn't surprise me if he stepped down as well.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Lol, McDaniels doesn't want the 49ers job. He probably had his heart set on LA and pulled out because of that.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Tom Cable please
Would weaken both Seattle and San Fran in one fair swoop

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Louis Riddick upon hearing his Golden Goose took his name out of consideration:
Throwing-a-Fit-Like-a-Child.gif

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Reporter: Rams signed McVay, looks like it's the 9ers left Josh.

McDaniels: On second thought, I'm kinda busy with the playoffs.
If I where McDaniels - Shanahan - Patricia or any other decent Coach I wouldn't want that mess of a 49er Team to rebuild either!! Especially with the "Kid" Owner they have!!

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Smart move by McDaniels. He wants no part of that dumpster fire. Who can blame him?

Still wondering if Houston opens up ... there could be competition between him and Shanahan for that job if so.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No Ryan or julio there. And the niners are a mess. We'll see

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Smart move by McDaniels. He wants no part of that dumpster fire. Who can blame him?

Still wondering if Houston opens up ... there could be competition between him and Shanahan for that job if so.
I wonder too if he knows whether or not the Pats would trade Jimmy G. I'm thinking that if he could go to San Fran with Garoppolo its a deal, without him its not

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If I were Kyle Shanahan (and Mike), I refuse to take that job unless I get in writing that Jed York will not interfere on the football side of things at all. If he does, I can opt out of my contract and still get paid.

Because I'm not taking that job if I have to work with Jed.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Well, you can't exactly call an owner a dumpster fire in the media if you ever want to be a HC, can you?

I have doubts that Shanny takes tha job. Almost all of that O is back next year.

So, he can have tons of wins and glory and really be set up to be THE guy next year... or... be stuck getting the last job going to one of the most dysfunctional organizations in the NFL.

Wouldn't surprise me if he stepped down as well.

Two top GMs have passed on interviews with York. And McDaniels now as well. That kid is without a doubt not liked around the league, I can say that with complete confidence. I'll add McVay too, who chose the 9ers rival team the Rams over them when he's an heirloom option for their organization!

Now we need Shanny to realize he doesn't need a failure of a job like that. As good as Shanny is, that owner is going to be a problem. Another job will open up next year Kyle, be smart and stay where you're at in Atlanta.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Who was the owner b4 York? Eddie DeBartalo....That guy was loved. Built a great franchise.

Surprised that McDaniels dropped out...but not shocked...after that Falcons game, I'd have handed Kyle the keys in an instant. That was impressive...although the loss of the RG hurt the Seahawks immediately. The Seattle defense looked confused...too many injuries...but Shanahan has the Falcons looking good.
McDaniels doesn't seem like HC-ing material.